One of the many districts of Tamil Nadu where nature is personified in all her pure beauty, a tour to Theni is a must if you are planning a trip to Tamil Nadu. Home to some of nature's purest sceneries, Theni charms her visitors into returning to this beautiful land every time they leave.
How To Reach
- By Air: The nearest airport to Theni is the one at Madurai, which is one of the most important airports in India.
- By Rail: Theni has its own railway station, which is connected, to a number of other cities of the region including Chennai, Madurai, Trichy and Coimbatore.
- By Road: Theni is well connected to a number of neighboring cities by an efficient network of roads. A number of vehicles run on these roads including town buses, cars and auto rickshaws.
Major Attractions in Theni
The major attractions of Theni include:
- Andipatti: An important taluk headquarter, this is a group of small villages famous for their handloom and handicrafts.
- Vaigai Dam: Imposing at a height of 111 feet, this dam is made even more special by its surrounding all of which exude tribal charm.
- Mavoothu: One of the holiest shrines in this region, this is a must-visit while planning a tour to Theni.