One of the most sacred Hindu pilgrimages is a visit to Chota Char Dham in Uttarakhand. Several devotees visit the four holy dhams - Yamunotri, Gangotri, Kedarnath and Badrinath to attain salvation. A Chardham Yatra is a soulful adventure that takes you to the highly revered Hindu shrines.
With our tastefully crafted Chardham Yatra package tours, you will have once in a lifetime experienceof being wrapped up by the serenity and piousness of the surroundings. In 2021, the Chardham Yatra will start from 14th May ans will close on 10th of November. From November, access to Chardham is closed for the next six months because of heavy snowfall and adverse weather conditions.
Finally, the good news has come for the pilgrims who wish to embark on the holy sojourn of Char Dham Yatra 2021. The Uttarakhand High Court has lifted the stay from the Yatra and issued some COVID-19 guidelines for the devotees who are aiming to go for the Char Dham Yatra. The Char Dham Yatra is to begin from 18 September 2021 for devotees.
Here are the latest SOPs for Char Dham Yatra, which people are required to follow.
- Only fully vaccinated people with a mandatory COVID-19 negative report are allowed to embark on the holy yatra.
- A limited number of pilgrims are allowed with the capping of 800 devotees at Kedarnath Dham, 1200 at Badrinath Dham, 600 at Gangotri, and 400 devotees at Yamunotri Dham in a day.
- It is mandatory to show the vaccination certificate along with the negative report issued by the ICMR authorized laboratory.
- Devotees are required to follow the strict COVID-19 protocols like social distancing and wearing masks.
- Pilgrims are not permitted to take a holy bath in any of the springs around the temples.
Why Book Chardham Yatra Packages 2021 with IHPL
To help you plan a trip to Char Dhams, we offer tailormade packages that cater to your specific requirements. You need not worry about the Char dham Yatra package cost while booking a trip with us. We offer you value for money as you plan a soulful sojourn.
With IHPL, you also get Chardham Yatra packages with helicopter to reach your desired destination conveniently within no time. This is especially suitable for the elderly and those running short of time. However, a Chardham Yatra by road is always open to be availed.
We offer you affordable Chardham tour packages that are packed with smooth transfers, cozy accommodation, delish meals, and soulful Darshan. So, choose from our Chardham Yatra tour packages from Delhi, Haridwar, Dehradun, Bangalore, Mumbai etc. for a blissful experience.
Chardham Yatra 2021 is not an easy trek. Out of the four, Do Dhams namely Gangotri Dham & Badrinath Dham are completely accessible by vehicles. Whereas, the other two of the Char Dhams i.e., Kedarnath Dham & Yamunotri Dham require arduous trekking to reach to the shrine. Kedarnath Dham requires the lengthiest and the toughest trek among all of them.
Char Dham Yatra Places
Chardham yatra package is one of the most famous pilgrimage tour in India. With our Chardham Yatra tour packages by helicopter and road, you will also get the opportunity to explore many other temples near the key destinations Gangotri, Yamunotri, Badrinath, and Kedarnath. Get to know the sources of River Ganga and River Yamuna with a sacred journey to these holy dhams. You can soak in spiritual vibe while traveling across these holy places in Uttarakhand. Below are the famous temples to visit with our customized chardham yatra tour packages:
Yamunotri Temple- One of temple in Chardham Tour
Yamunotri is the source of river Yamuna where the temple of Goddess Yamuna is located. One of the four places of Chardham, This famous pilgrimage in Uttarakhand, offers sacred Mangal Aarti and Shayan Aarti every day to experience with Chardham tour package.This year Yamunotri Temple Kapat will open on 14th May 2021.
- Yamunotri Temple Opening & Closing Date- 14th May till 2nd November 2021
- Aarti Timing in Yamunotri Temple- Mangal Aarti takes places from 6:30 AM to 7:30 AM and Shayan Aarti Aarti from 6:30 PM to 7:30 PM.
|Ponies & Palkies Rates for Yamunotri Temple 2021 (Janki Chatti to Yamunotri Dham)|
|Janki Chatti to Yamunotri Charges 2021||One Way Charges||Round Way Charges|
|Yamunotri palki charges (Dandi or Palanquin)||INR 1430||INR 2560|
|Yamunotri Kandi Rates||INR 490||INR 900|
|Yamunotri pony charges||INR 490||INR 900|
Places to visit around Yamunotri Dham
During Yamunotri Tour, travelers also visit other sacred places near this holy Dham. Below are some of the places you can visit during your Yamunotri Dham Yatra with IndianHoliday.
1. Jankichatti:- Situated at 4 Km distance, this is a residential area and the last stop during trekking to Yamunotri.
2. Surya Kund:- This is a hot water spring near Yamunotri temple and considered to be the offspring of the Sun God.
3. Kharsali:- This is a small and spectacular village located 5 km away from Yamunotri in the Uttarkashi district of Uttarakhand.
4. Shani Dev Temple:- Located 2 KM away from Yamunotri Dham, this is a must visit holy temple in Kharsali village dedicated Shani Dev.
5. Hanumanchatti:- Located at the confluence of the Ganga and Yamuna rivers this is a serene place dedicated to Lord Hanuman. It acts as a stop during trekking to Ymunotri Dham located 9 Km away from the actual temple.
How to Reach Yamunotri
The nearest vehicle stop is at Janki Chatti, from where you need 4 Km trek or you can travel on horseback to reach Yamunotri. The nearest railway station is at Rishikesh, 211 km away and the nearest airport is Jolly Grant airport in Dehradun, 210 Km away from Yamunotri. Most of the pilgrims prefer to visit Yamunotri by helicopter.
Gangotri Temple- The origin of River Ganga
Gangotri temple is one of the most sacred places in Chardham tour. The holiest place among Chardham, Gangotri temple is dedicated to Goddess Ganga situated on the bank of Bhagirathi in Uttarakhand. The sacred Ganga Aarti is the main attraction to experience during Gangotri Yatra. There are other sacred temples near Gangotri that devotees visit during Chardham yatra tour. In 2021, Kapat will open for holy Darshan of Gangotri Temple on 15th May 2021.
- Gangotri Temple Opening & Closing Date- 15th May till 2nd Nov 2021
- Aarti Timing in Gangotri Temple- The morning Aarti take place at 6:00 am and the evening Aarti take place at 7:45 pm
Places to visit near Gangotri Dham
During Gangotri Yatra, pilgrims get opportunity to visit many other temples and places around this sacred Dham. Below are some of the places to include in your Gangotri tour packages.
1. Bhojbasa:- Bhojbasa is a stopover on the trekking route to Gaumukh located at a distance of 11.7 km from Gangotri.
2. Surya Kund:- Surya Kund, located 500m from Gangotri is a spectacular waterfall and sacred spot to offer worship to the Sun god.
3. Harsil:- This small but beautiful village on the bank of Bhagirathi is a cantonment area located 24 Km away from Gangotri.
How to Reach Gangotri
You can reach Gangotri by road as the nearby cities are well connected by road with Gangotri. The nearest railway station is at Rishikesh, 249 km away and the nearest airport is Jolly Grant airport in Dehradun, 279 Km away from Gangotri. Most of the pilgrims like to visit Gangotri by helicopter.
Kedarnath Temple- The highest Jyotirlinga (Dedicated to Lord Shiva)
One of the most famous Hindu pilgrimages in India, Kedarnath is a key destination in Chardham tour. Located on the bank of the Mandakini River in Uttarakhand, Keradnath is one of the 12 jyotirlingas of Lord Shiva. This year Kedarnath Temple Kapat will open on 17th May 2021.
- Kedarnath Temple Opening & Closing Date- 17th May till 6 Nov 2021
- Aarti Timing in Kedarnath Temple-The morning aarti at 5:35 AM. Sampurna Aarti is performed in the temple from 6 PM to 7.30 PM.
|Gaurikund to Kedarnath Ponies, Palkies and Kandi charges 2021|
|Gaurikund to Kedarnath charges||One Way charges||Round Way charges|
|Gaurikund to Kedarnath Palki charges (Dandi or Palanquin)||INR 5050||INR 8450|
|Gaurikund to Kedarnath Kandi charges||INR 2900||INR 3350|
|Gaurikund to Kedarnath Ponies charges||INR 2300||INR 4300|
Places to visit near Kedarnath Dham
Your Kedarnath Yatra with IndianHoliday also allow you to visit many other sacred places near this holy Dham. Below are the places you can include in your Kedarnath Darshan Yatra.
1. Tungnath and Chandrashila Trek:- This easy Himalayan trek allows breathtaking views that starts from Haridwar and end at Chandrashila covering the beautiful Tungnath temple. Keradnath is located 31 Km away from Chandrashila peak.
2. Bhairavath Temple:- Bhairavnath Temple, dedicated to Lord Bhairav is situated on a hilltop at a distance of 500 m from Kedarnath Temple.
3. Gaurikund:- It is the nearest motorable area located 14 Km away from Kedarnath.
4. Triyuginarayan Temple:- Triyuginarayan Temple, dedicated to Lord Vishnu is situated at a distance of 27 km from Kedarnath.
5. Sonprayag:- It is believed that here Lord Shiva and Goddess Parvati got married at the confluence of the River Mandakini and River Basuki. It is located 05 Km from Gaurikund and 14 Km from Kedarnath.
6. Vasuki Tal:- This is a serene lake at an altitude of 4135 meters that offers a spectacular view of the Chaukhamba peaks. It is a trek of about 8 km from Kedarnath.
How to Reach Kedarnath
The nearest railway station to Kedarnath is at Rishikesh, 216 km away and the nearest airport is Jolly Grant airport in Dehradun, 238 Km away from Kedarnath. Many pilgrims also like to visit Kedarnath by helicopter. The nearest motorable area is Gourikund located 14 Km away from Kedarnath. Gourokund is well conned to other cities by bus and cabs.
Badrinath Temple- The way to heaven
The key destinations in Chardham Yatra, Badrinath is one of the most famous Hindu pilgrimages in India. Situated at an altitude of 3133 meters in the Garhwal hills in Uttarakhand, this temple is one of the 108 Divya Desams dedicated to Lord Vishnu. This year Kapat will open for holy Darshan of Badrinath on 18th May 2021 at 4:30 in the morning.
- Badrinath Temple Opening & Closing Date- 18th May till 10th November 2021
- Aarti Timing in Badrinath Temple-Mangal Aarti takes places at 4:30 AM in the morning and Shayan Aarti Aarti at 8:30 PM in the evening.
Places to visit around Badrinath Dham
The holy Dham Badrinath is the ultimate destination for religious people. You can make your Badrinath Darshan Yatra more contented by visiting a number of holy places near Badrinath temple.
1. Tapt Kund Badrinath:- This is a natural hot water spring near the Alaknanda river that is believed to be the abode of Lord Agni. Pilgrims take therapeutic baths in the sacred water of Tapt Kund.
2. Charan Paduka:- Located 3km away from Badrinath temple, this enchanting place is believed to be the first stop of Lord Vishnu on earth with his footprints on a rock 3380 ft. atop the hill.
3. Narad Kund:- This is another hot water spring near the Badrinath temple where devotees take bath before entering the temple. It is believed that Adi Sankaracharya found the idol of Lord Vishnu in this holy Kund.
4. Bheem Pul:- Located 4.8 Km from the Badrinath temple, this is a natural stone bridge that is believed to be created by one of the Pandav brothers Bheem to cross the Saraswati River.
5. Pandukeshwar:- Located at a distance of 22 Km from Badrinath, the sacred place Pandukeshwar is famous for Vasudev Temple believed to be built by the Pandavas.
6. Yogdhyan Badri Temple:- Located at Pandukeshwar, 23 km away from Badrinath, Yogadhyan Badri Temple is dedicated to Lord Kuber and Lord Udhava where an idol of Lord Vishnu is seen in a meditative pose.
7. Brahma Kapal:- Located within 500m of the Badrinath temple, this is a holy place on the bank of the River Alaknanda where people visit to immerse the ashes of their deceased family member in river.
8. Mana Village:- This tourism village located 4.4 Km from Badrinath on the bank of the Saraswati River offers breathtaking views.
9. Satopanth Lake:-Located 25 km from Badrinath shrine, this is a pristine lake at an altitude of 15,000 feet that is believed to be the bathing place of Lord Brahma, Vishnu and Lord Shiva.
How to Reach Badrinath
You can reach Badrinath by road as the nearby cities are well connected by bus with Badrinath. The nearest railway station is at Ramnagar, 154 km away and the nearest airport is Jolly Grant airport in Dehradun, 146 Km away from Badrinath. Most of the pilgrims like to visit Badrinath by helicopter.