One of the most sacred Hindu pilgrimage sites in the country is Char Dham in Uttarakhand, which is a must-visit place in a lifetime. To attain salvation, several devotees visit the four holy dhams - Yamunotri, Gangotri, Kedarnath, and Badrinath. A Chardham Yatra is a soulful adventure that takes you to the highly revered Hindu shrines.
With our tastefully crafted Chardham Yatra package tours, you will have a once-in-a-lifetime experience of being wrapped up by the serenity and piousness of the surroundings. In 2022, the Chardham Yatra will start on 3rd May 2022 and will close on 26th October 2022. After this date, access to Chardham is closed for the next six months because of heavy snowfall and adverse weather conditions.
Why Book Chardham Yatra Packages 2022 with IHPL
To help you plan a trip to Char Dhams, we offer tailor-made packages that cater to your specific requirements. You need not worry about the Char Dham Yatra package cost while booking a trip with us. We offer you value for money as you plan a soulful sojourn.
With IHPL, you also get Chardham Yatra packages by helicopter to reach your desired destination conveniently within no time. This tour package is especially suitable for the elderly and those running short of time. However, a Chardham Yatra by road is open for all kinds of travelers.
We offer you affordable Chardham tour packages that are packed with smooth transfers, cozy accommodation, delicious meals, and soulful Darshan. So, choose from our Chardham Yatra tour packages from Delhi, Haridwar, Dehradun, Bangalore, Mumbai, etc., for a blissful experience.
Chardham Yatra 2022 is not an easy trek. Out of the four, Do Dhams, namely Gangotri Dham & Badrinath Dham, are completely accessible by vehicles. Whereas the other two Char Dhams, i.e., Kedarnath Dham and Yamunotri Dham, require arduous trekking to reach the shrine. Kedarnath Dham requires the lengthiest and the most challenging trek among all of them.
Char Dham Yatra Places
Chardham yatra package is one of the most famouspilgrimage tours in India. With our Chardham Yatra tour packages by helicopter and road, you will also get the opportunity to explore many other temples near the key destinations Gangotri, Yamunotri, Badrinath, and Kedarnath. Get to know the sources of River Ganga and River Yamuna with a sacred journey to these holy dhams. You can soak in the spiritual vibe while traveling across these holy places in Uttarakhand. Below are the famous temples to visit with our customized Chardham yatra tour packages:
Yamunotri Temple- One of the temple in the Chardham Tour
Yamunotri is the source of the river Yamuna where the temple of Goddess Yamuna is located. One of the four places of Chardham, This famous pilgrimage in Uttarakhand offers sacred Mangal Aarti and Shayan Aarti every day to experience with the Chardham tour package. This year Yamunotri Temple Kapat will open on 3rd May 2022.
- Yamunotri Temple Opening & Closing Date- 3rd May till 26th October 2022
- Aarti Timing in Yamunotri Temple- Mangal Aarti takes place from 6:30 AM to 7:30 AM and Shayan Aarti Aarti from 6:30 PM to 7:30 PM.
|Ponies & Palkies Rates for Yamunotri Temple 2022 (Janki Chatti to Yamunotri Dham)|
|Janki Chatti to Yamunotri Charges 2022||One Way Charges||Round Way Charges|
|Yamunotri palki charges (Dandi or Palanquin)||INR 1430||INR 2560|
|Yamunotri Kandi Rates||INR 490||INR 900|
|Yamunotri pony charges||INR 490||INR 900|
Places to visit around Yamunotri Dham
During the Yamunotri Tour, travelers visit other sacred places near this holy Dham. Below are some of the places you can visit during your Yamunotri Dham Yatra with us.
1. Jankichatti: Situated at a 4 Km distance, this is a residential area and the last stop during trekking to Yamunotri.
2. Surya Kund: This is a hot water spring near Yamunotri temple and is considered to be the offspring of the Sun God.
3. Kharsali: This is a small and spectacular village located 5 km away from Yamunotri in the Uttarkashi district of Uttarakhand.
4. Shani Dev Temple: Located 2 KM away from Yamunotri Dham, this is a must-visit holy temple in Kharsali village dedicated to Shani Dev.
5. Hanumanchatti: Located at the confluence of the Ganga and Yamuna rivers, this is a serene place dedicated to Lord Hanuman. It is a stop during trekking to Yamunotri Dham located 9 Km away from the actual temple.
How to Reach Yamunotri
The nearest vehicle stop is at Janki Chatti, from where you need a 4 Km trek, or you can travel on horseback to reach Yamunotri. The nearest railway station is at Rishikesh, 211 km away and the nearest airport is Jolly Grant airport in Dehradun, 210 Km away from Yamunotri. Most of the pilgrims prefer to visit Yamunotri by helicopter.
Gangotri Temple- The origin of River Ganga
Gangotri temple is one of the most sacred places on the Chardham tour. The holiest place among Chardham, Gangotri temple, is dedicated to Goddess Ganga situated on the bank of Bhagirathi in Uttarakhand. The holy Ganga Aarti is the main attraction to experience during Gangotri Yatra. There are other sacred temples near Gangotri that devotees visit during the Chardham yatra tour. In 2022, Kapat will open for the holy Darshan of Gangotri Temple on 3rd May 2022.
- Gangotri Temple Opening & Closing Date- 3rd May till 25th October 2022
- Aarti Timing in Gangotri Temple- The morning Aarti takes place at 6:00 AM and the evening Aarti takes place at 7:45 PM.
Places to visit near Gangotri Dham
During Gangotri Yatra, pilgrims can visit many other temples and places around this sacred Dham. Below are some of the places to include in your Gangotri tour packages.
1. Bhojbasa: Bhojbasa is a stopover on the trekking route to Gaumukh, located at a distance of 11.7 km from Gangotri.
2. Surya Kund: Surya Kund, located 500m from Gangotri, is a spectacular waterfall and sacred spot to offer worship to the Sun god.
3. Harsil: This small but beautiful village on the bank of Bhagirathi is a cantonment area located 24 Km away from Gangotri.
How to Reach Gangotri
You can reach Gangotri by road as the nearby cities are well connected by road with Gangotri. The nearest railway station is at Rishikesh, 249 km away and the nearest airport is Jolly Grant airport in Dehradun, 279 Km away from Gangotri. However, most of the pilgrims like to visit Gangotri by helicopter.
Kedarnath Temple- The highest Jyotirlinga (Dedicated to Lord Shiva)
One of India's most famous Hindu pilgrimages, Kedarnath is a key destination on the Chardham tour. Located on the bank of the Mandakini River in Uttarakhand, Kedarnath is one of the 12 jyotirlingas of Lord Shiva. This year Kedarnath Temple Kapat will open on 6th May 2022.
- Kedarnath Temple Opening & Closing Date- 6th May till 24th October 2022
- Aarti Timing in Kedarnath Temple- The morning aarti at 5:35 AM. Sampurna Aarti is performed in the temple from 6 PM to 7.30 PM.
|Gaurikund to Kedarnath Ponies, Palkies and Kandi charges 2022|
|Gaurikund to Kedarnath charges||One Way charges||Round Way charges|
|Gaurikund to Kedarnath Palki charges (Dandi or Palanquin)||INR 5050||INR 8450|
|Gaurikund to Kedarnath Kandi charges||INR 2900||INR 3350|
|Gaurikund to Kedarnath Ponies charges||INR 2300||INR 4300|
Places to visit near Kedarnath Dham
Your Kedarnath Yatra with IndianHoliday also allow you to visit many other sacred places near this holy Dham. Below are the places you can include in your Kedarnath Darshan Yatra.
1. Tungnath and Chandrashila Trek:- This easy Himalayan trek allows breathtaking views that starts from Haridwar and end at Chandrashila covering the beautiful Tungnath temple. Keradnath is located 31 Km away from Chandrashila peak.
2. Bhairavath Temple:- Bhairavnath Temple, dedicated to Lord Bhairav is situated on a hilltop at a distance of 500 m from Kedarnath Temple.
3. Gaurikund:- It is the nearest motorable area located 14 Km away from Kedarnath.
4. Triyuginarayan Temple:- Triyuginarayan Temple, dedicated to Lord Vishnu is situated at a distance of 27 km from Kedarnath.
5. Sonprayag:- It is believed that here Lord Shiva and Goddess Parvati got married at the confluence of the River Mandakini and River Basuki. It is located 05 Km from Gaurikund and 14 Km from Kedarnath.
6. Vasuki Tal:- This is a serene lake at an altitude of 4135 meters that offers a spectacular view of the Chaukhamba peaks. It is a trek of about 8 km from Kedarnath.
How to Reach Kedarnath
The nearest railway station to Kedarnath is at Rishikesh, 216 km away and the nearest airport is Jolly Grant airport in Dehradun, 238 Km away from Kedarnath. Many pilgrims also like to visit Kedarnath by helicopter. The nearest motorable area is Gourikund located 14 Km away from Kedarnath. Gourokund is well conned to other cities by bus and cabs.
Badrinath Temple- The way to heaven
The key destination in Chardham Yatra, Badrinath is one of the most famous Hindu pilgrimages in India. Situated at an altitude of 3133 meters in the Garhwal hills in Uttarakhand, this temple is one of the 108 Divya Desams dedicated to Lord Vishnu. This year Kapat will open for the holy Darshan of Badrinath on 8th May 2022 at 4:30 AM.
- Badrinath Temple Opening & Closing Date- 8th May till 26th October 2022
- Aarti Timing in Badrinath Temple-Mangal Aarti takes place at 4:30 AM and Shayan Aarti Aarti at 8:30 PM.
Places to visit around Badrinath Dham
The holy Dham Badrinath is the ultimate destination for religious people. So you can make your Badrinath Darshan Yatra more contented by visiting a number of holy places near the Badrinath temple.
1. Tapt Kund Badrinath: This is a natural hot water spring near the Alaknanda river believed to be Lord Agni's abode. Pilgrims take therapeutic baths in the sacred water of Tapt Kund.
2. Charan Paduka: Located 3km away from Badrinath temple, this enchanting place is believed to be the first stop of Lord Vishnu on earth, with his footprints on a rock 3380 ft. atop the hill.
3. Narad Kund: This is another hot water spring near the Badrinath temple where devotees take a bath before entering the temple. It is believed that Adi Sankaracharya found the idol of Lord Vishnu in this holy Kund.
4. Bheem Pul: Located 4.8 Km from the Badrinath temple, this is a natural stone bridge that is believed to be created by one of the Pandava brothers, Bheem, to cross the Saraswati River.
5. Pandukeshwar: Located at a distance of 22 Km from Badrinath, the sacred place Pandukeshwar is famous for Vasudev Temple, which is believed to be built by the Pandavas.
6. Yogdhyan Badri Temple: Located at Pandukeshwar, 23 km away from Badrinath, Yogadhyan Badri Temple is dedicated to Lord Kuber and Lord Udhava, where an idol of Lord Vishnu is seen in a meditative pose.
7. Brahma Kapal: Located within 500m of the Badrinath temple, this is a holy place on the bank of the River Alaknanda where people visit to immerse the ashes of their deceased family members in the river.
8. Mana Village: This tourism village located 4.4 Km from Badrinath on the bank of the Saraswati River offers breathtaking views.
9. Satopanth Lake: Located 25 km from Badrinath shrine, this is a pristine lake at an altitude of 15,000 feet believed to be the bathing place of Lord Brahma, Vishnu, and Lord Shiva.
How to Reach Badrinath
You can reach Badrinath by road as the nearby cities are well connected by bus with Badrinath. The nearest railway station is at Ramnagar, 154 km away, and the nearest airport is Jolly Grant airport in Dehradun, 146 Km away from Badrinath. However, most of the pilgrims like to visit Badrinath by helicopter.