If you want to experience skiing in India, Auli is among the best choices. It is not just famous for its natural beauty but has amazing snow-capped slopes that let professionals, as well as novice skiers, have a thrilling experience.
Skiing on the slopes amidst the snow-covered Himalayan peaks and peaceful environment is a magical experience and you can have that in Auli. Plus, the ski lift system of Auli is amazing, which helps skiers to reach the top easily.
So, if you want to have the most memorable time of your life, head to Auli this season and indulge in the adventure at one of the best skiing destinations in the world.
Here is the complete information about Skiing in Auli -
So, apart from the snow-clad slopes, here are the actual reasons why you should choose Auli for skiing -
- When you ski at 11,000 feet above sea level, the wind movement is extremely strong. So, the woody slopes of Auli balance the velocity, making it an ideal skiing destination.
- Skiers get a 500 m long ski-lift and an 800 m long chair-lift to reach the upper and lower slopes.
- This place hosts skiing festivals as well as competitions of national and international standards. This is a major attraction for adventure seekers all over the world. This is organized by the Winter Games Federation of India in Feb or March.
- Auli has the highest artificial lake in India, which was created to provide extra snow for the resort in case there is less snowfall.
Slopes in Auli for Skiing
They are a big reason why skiing in Auli is famous. The slopes in Auli make it a favorite ski place among adventurers from all across the globe. These are divided into four types. Take a look.
- No. 10 slope (white) - 900 m long
- No. 8 track (blue) - 800 m long
- Temple Track (red) - 400 m long, preferable for beginners
- Composite slopes - 3.1 km long
Cost of Ski-Lifts for Skiers
Auli has two ski-lifts for skiers, which are of international quality and take them to the high slopes.
- Standing Lift for pole shift - INR 100 per trip
This lift connects Temple Track with Tower No.10
Standing Lift for chair lift - INR 300 per trip
This one connects Auli to Clifftop Club
*The above-mentioned price is subject to change.
Skiing Courses in Auli
Garhwal Mandal Vikas Nigam (GMVN) conducts 7 days and 14 days skiing courses in Auli. There are also special provisions for regular tourists also. This gives you a chance to take skiing to another level or if you are on a holiday, you can have a memorable experience.
Best Time for Skiing in Auli
Late November to March is the best time to visit Auli for skiing. Adventure lovers can plan a trip to enjoy skiing at the snow-covered slopes and have a great time. January is the best month and is highly fit for skiing. During this time, Auli receives the maximum snowfall and continues till the last week of March.
How to Reach Auli
Auli is located in the Garhwal Himalayas, Auli is among the popular hill stations in India and thus, is connected to major cities. Take a look at the different ways to reach Auli
- By Air - Jolly Grant in Dehradun is the nearest airport. It is located approx. 290 km from Auli and is connected with various cities like Delhi. You can hire a taxi or cab to reach Auli from the airport.
- By Train - Board a train from major cities to Haridwar Railway Station. From there, hire a bus or taxi to reach Auli, which is approx. 290 km.
- By Road - It is the best way to Uttarakhand and Auli. You can start your trip from Delhi or any major city in India and travel to Auli. Buses are also readily available to Auli by private and public transport operators.