A beautiful remnant of the British era, St. George’s Church was constructed way back in the year 1826 and was designed by Colonel J. T. Boileau. The prime attraction of this sacred site is the deep ochre colored stucco that has white coverings. The entry inside the church is from its atrium. The architecture of the church is not only marvelous but its surroundings are also extremely serene, offering complete peace of mind and are appealing to the eyes too.
A brilliant example of a classic Cantonment Church, this church has amazing interiors. While the church has vaulted roof and has 6 Ionic columns, which are segregate the main hall into side aisles and central nave. The main altar is decked-up with attractive marble inlay work and gothic sculptures. The church is close to the main town and us easily accessible.