Butterfly Beach, as the name suggests, is known for its variety of beautiful and colorful butterfly species. One of the hidden beaches in South Goa, Butterfly Beach is famously called Honeymoon Beach as it attracts a lot of honeymooners and romantic couples for a secluded vacation.
If you are looking to spend time in Goa away from the buzzing crowds and nightclubs, Butterfly Beach is one of the best beaches in Goa. You can plan a fun picnic and partake in water activities to make the most of your time here. When the tide here is low, you can capture the sight of sea urchins, redfish, goldfish, and sea cucumbers. This is unlike any other experience you can have on a Goa trip.
The sight of millions of butterflies will fill your heart with joy and the views of dolphins will make this Butterfly Beach visit memorable. It is enclosed by a thick forest on one side and an open sea on the other, making it a picturesque spot to visit. If you are want to take your sweetheart to this stunning beach, below mentioned are the details and some tips to plan your trip to Butterfly Beach easily.
Things to do at Butterfly Beach Goa:
- Treat your eyes to the colorful butterflies at the beach.
- Enjoy boat riding.
- Explore the Arabian Sea marine life while snorkeling in Goa.
- Enjoy kayaking on the serene waters in South Goa.
- Witness the mesmerizing sunset.
- See the cute dolphins coming in and out of the water.
Best time to visit Butterfly Beach Goa:
November to March is the best time to visit Butterfly Beach to enjoy warm sun and water sports. Avoid visiting this beach in the rainy season as it will hinder your experience.
How to reach Butterfly Beach:
By Air: Take a flight to Goa International Airport from cities like New Delhi, Kolkata, Chennai, etc., and on arrival, avail the public transport like taxi or bus to reach Palolem Beach. From there, take a boat ride to Butterfly beach.
By Road: There is no direct ride to this beach. You can hire a taxi from Panjim to Palolem Beach. It will take you about 30 minutes. On reaching, take a boat ride to Butterfly Beach.
By Train: Goa has two railway stations – Madgaon and Vasco da Gama. They are linked to major cities in India like Bangalore, Mumbai, Delhi, etc. Taxis and buses are available from outside the railway station to reach Butterfly Beach.
Places Near Butterfly Beach, you can visit
- Palolem Beach (approx. 7 km away)
- Agonda Beach (approx. 6 km away)
Tips for visiting Butterfly Beach in South Goa:
- If you are taking a boat to the beach, negotiate with the fisherman as they are always in a hurry for their return journey.
- As it is an isolated beach, there are not many shops or vendors around. So, it is advised to carry food and water with you.
- Do not litter the beach to keep it tidy and appealing to the tourists.
- Avoid hovering at the beach post-sunset.
- The beach does not have shacks, so be prepared.
- Wear a lot of sunscreen to avoid getting sunburn.