With incredible views of the Arabian Sea, lively shacks, and energetic clubs, Calangute Beach is no wonder known as the “Queen of Beaches”. Offering a wide range of activities, Calangute Beach is one of the most popular Goa beaches you can visit on your vacation. The beach is encircled by coconut and palm trees and is spread four miles along the Arabian Sea. Not just this but Calangute Beach is accompanied by Candolim Village in the south and Baga in the north, making Calangute Beach the major attraction of Goa Tourism.
If you are looking for a tourist retreat, Calangute Beach is the perfect spot to be. Visit this beach on your holiday if you are an adventure seeker or if you are a beach bum. Jet Ski, water surfing, banana ride, and parasailing are some of the thrilling water activities you can indulge in at Calangute Beach. And if you are a party lover, the nightlife of Calangute Beach is one of the best. You can enjoy crazy parties and live music all night long.
Shopaholics can shop their hearts out at the souvenir stalls, shacks, and other stalls selling from trinkets to pawns, jewelry to clothes, and beer and food. Apart from this, the breathtaking sunsets and sunrises at Calangute Beach in North Goa are something to die for! So, whether you are planning a trip to Goa with family, friends, or significant other, Calangute Beach is one of the best beaches to visit in North Goa.
Below mentioned are the details and some tips to plan your trip to Calangute Beach easily.
Things to do at Calangute Beach Goa:
- Enjoy the water sport activities like jet skiing, catamaran sailing, surfing, banana rides, and parasailing.
- Join Indian yoga centers to indulge in yoga sessions to help you relax your body and mind.
- Rejuvenate your body and soul with Ayurvedic massages.
- Dance to the electrifyingmusic at the nightclubs and pubs at Calangute Beach Goa.
- Shop your heartout at Saturday Bazaar, Tibetan Market, and The Fish Market.
Nightlife at Calangute Beach
Calangute Beach offers one of the most happening nightlifes in Goa. It houses the top nightclubs in the state, which offers great music, food, and ambiance. If you are a party freak, here are the best places to visit to enjoy Goa nightlife –
- Tio Tilly’s Bar and Kitchen
- Spice It
- Souza Lobo
- Tonic – Hard Rock Hotel
- Moon Pub
Best time to visit Calangute Beach Goa:
October to March is the best time to visit Calangute Beach. Christmas and New Year are celebrated between this period, which is an experience you cannot afford to miss. The weather is also pleasant and if you are staying up late at night, it is recommended to carry sweater with you.
How to reach Calangute Beach:
- By Air: You can take a flight to Goa International Airport, which is connected with major Indian cities like New Delhi, Bangalore, Kolkata, and more. Calangute Beach from the airport is around 40 km away, which can be reached via public transport services like taxi.
- By Train: Board train to Madgaon and Vasco da Gama, the two major railway stations in Goa, located approx. 47 km and 17 km away from the beach respectively. They are well-connected to most notable cities in India like Bangalore, Mumbai, Delhi, etc. From the stations, hire taxis and buses to reach Calangute Beach.
- By Road: The roads are well-maintained and connected with prominent neighbouring cities like Mumbai, Bangalore, Hyderabad, Pune, and more. You can also hire government or privatebuses to reach Calangute Beach on your Goa vacation.
There are many places to visit neat Calangute Beach to make the most of your trip -
- Our Lady of Piety (approx. 5 km away)
- St. Alex Church (approx. 1.6 km away)
- Kerkar Art Gallery (approx. 7 km away)
- Baga Beach (approx. 8 km away)
- Aguada Fort (approx. 8.8 km away)
Places to Eat at Calangute Beach
Sit for a delicious meal at the places to eat at Calangute Beach. You can enjoy a lip-smacking cuisine with the ocean views. Here are some of the our top recommendations –
- Souza Lobo
- Chelsea Beach Shack
- The Fisherman’s Wharf
- Desi Kitchen
- Chilladaa Bar & Kitchen
Places to Stay Near Calangute Beach
You can enjoy the best of Calangute Beach by booking a stay near the beach. Here are some of the best accommodation options near Calangute Beach for a delightful stay –
- Citrus Goa
- Alor Holiday Resort
- Mayflower Beach Resort
- Ocean Palms Goa
- Sharanam Green Resort Goa
- Resort Terra Paraiso
- Resort Village Royale
- Peninsula Beach Resort
Tips for visiting Calangute Beach in Goa:
- Calangute Beach gets very crowded during the evenings. Thus, it is advised to carry less cash with you. Do not wear gold or an expensive jewelry to the beach.
- Bring a hat, extra pair of clothing, slippers, mosquito repellant, and a scarf with you to the beach.
- Wear high SPF sunscreen to protect yourself from getting sunburn.
- If you are planning to visit Goa during peak tourist season, it is advised to book your hotels and flights in advance.
- Beach huts are the best way to spend time in Goa and witness amazing beach views.
- It is advised to avoid talking to strangers especially those who try to befriend you.
- Do not litter at the beach to keep it appealing for tourists.
- Nudity is not allowed.
- Bring a flashlight for emergency situations.
- In case of emergencies, there are a number of hospitals near the beach.
- You can rent a two-wheeler to travel to places near the beach.
- Keep your document safe. You can carry photocopies with you.
- Avoid eating at unknown and unhygienic places. Always go to the known places.