The fascinating Goa Beach lures a discerning traveler with much warmth and affection. Blessed with azure sea water intersecting the palm fringed beaches, Goa is an ideal place for a laidback vacation. Flanked by a number of rivers Goa makes for an exclusive Cruising Tour.
River Cruising in Goa is a lifetime experience; with the poet's vision you can see the transparent backwaters meandering into the heart of the forest, the hardwood trees standing boldly with its heavy bunch of lush foliage, sea-gulls flying hither and thither and your ever moving raft making way through this peculiar surrounding. Rowing down the River Mandovi River in Goa is an exhilarating experience.
Goa Tourism Development Corporation offers you the required materials for the cruise down River Mandovi. Select according to your choice between any three, daytime, sunset and moonlight cruises.
Some of the important River Cruising in Goa includes the following:
Sun Set Cruise and Sun down Cruise
This is an hour filled with moonbeams and thrill; row down the river into Dekni Temple where the dance performance by the Fugdi Dancers and the Corredinho Dancers would enthrall you. While you recover from the trance you would get to see yourself amidst the grand historical architectural structures like Reis Magos Church, the Reis Magos Fort, the Aguada Fort and the Cabo Raj Bhavan. It is one of the most fascinating River Cruising in Goa.
Full Moon Cruise/Special Cruise
Another River Cruising in Goa is the Full Moon Cruise that takes place for a longer time than usual; row down the River Mandovi and relish the soothing moon light declining on the ever-flowing river. This is a moment to cherish by couples.
Day cruises is of two types
The last of this type of River Cruising in Goa includes rowing down Mandovi river into the Zuari bay; the second of its kind includes moving towards Aldona and a mineral water spring.
Covid-19 Guidelines for River Cruises in Goa
Entry & Exit Points
- Thermal screening of visitors/staff is to be carried out at entry points.
- Only asymptomatic individuals shall be allowed to enter the jetty premises.
- Hand sanitization spots will be available at all entry points and in work areas as well.
- Enough time interval between consecutive river cruises on a single boat will be provided to secure row-wise staggered entry and exit.
- To avoid crowding, the exit will be done in a staggered row-wise manner.
- Seating order inside the vessel to be made in such a way that sufficient physical distancing is maintained.
- The occupancy of the boats will not be more than 50% of their total seating capacity.
- Seats at the vessels will be marked with “Not to be occupied” to maintain physical distance.
- Efforts shall be made to avoid overcrowding in common areas and washrooms during the river cruise.
Booking and Payments
- Use an online booking method or use e-wallets, QR code scanners, to buy tickets, food, and beverages, etc.
- There will be a sufficient number of counters at the main ticketing office to prevent crowding.
- Use of floor markers is mandatory to ensure physical distancing during queue management at the main ticketing office.
Food and Beverage Area
- Customers shall be encouraged to use apps/QR codes, etc. for ordering food as much as possible.
- Multiple sale counters in the food and beverage area will be made available where possible.
- Only packaged food and beverages shall be allowed.
- Management will ensure the observance of physical distancing and preventing crowds in the food and beverages area.
FEW GENERAL GUIDELINES
- All the people must wear face masks and gloves during the river cruise.
- Use the online payment mode where possible.
- Sanitize your hands from time to time.
- Do not indulge in activities if you are sick.
- Strictly follow the guidelines issued by the Ministry of Home Affairs, Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, and the state government of Goa.