Apart from its silks, textiles, spices, and exquisite diamond cutting, the city of Surat is famous for its various tourist attractions in Surat. Though there are many gardens and monuments, the museums in Surat are a big draw for many travelers. One such museum is the Sardar Patel Museum in Surat.
History of Sardar Patel Museum
It was in the year 1890 that this particular museum was established. It houses the various artifacts that stood testimony to the Mughal and the British period.
Description of Sardar Patel Museum
The Sardar Patel Museum in Surat is a multipurpose museum. It houses several antique pieces of wood, metal, ivory, stone, sandalwood, porcelain, and terracotta. Several old oil paintings, miniatures, textiles, manuscripts, and many other items are also displayed in the exhibition organized by this museum.
This is the only museum in Surat that has gained a lot of importance owing to its rich collection of ancient historical items that are an essential part of the national heritage. One will come across 10,000 specimens of this place's various arts and crafts. There is also an open-air theater that can accommodate about 4,000 people.
A visit to Sardar Patel Museum Surat will bring forth the dormant history of Surat. A mere glimpse of the specimens displayed here would cast an amazing spell on the archaeologists and the common tourists who come to pay a visit. So, come to Sardar Patel Museum, Surat, and experience everything.
- Timings of the Sardar Patel Museum Surat: 9.30 am to 5.30 pm
- Sardar Patel Museum Surat 3D Show Timings: 7 pm to 7:45 pm
- Sardar Patel Museum Surat Entry Fee: INR 20 per person
Attractions of Sardar Patel Museum Surat
Here are the fun things that make Sardar Patel Museum in Surat a must-visit -
- Planetarium: It is one of the major attractions of the museums that runs a show featuring the origin of the universe.
- Science Gallery: This showcases a scenic exhibition with a twist.
- Art Gallery: It displays regional and modern art and ethnicity. It also holds relics and artifacts belonging to Surat’s history.
- Amphitheater: This place runs many shows related to the culture and history of Surat and has a capacity of 250 people.
- Museum: This is the most important part of the Sardar Patel Museum. It holds over 8,400 antiquities, including ancient manuscripts. Besides, you will find wood, porcelain, copper, and bronze antiques.
- Restaurant: While visiting different attractions, you will get hungry, and for that, there is a restaurant on the complex's top floor. It offers continental and Gujarati foods.
How to Reach Sardar Patel Museum Surat
Surat Airport is approx. 10 km from Sardar Patel Museum. It is well-connected with major Indian cities like Delhi, Mumbai, and Bangalore. If coming by train, Surat Railway Station is the major railhead, located 7.7 km from the museum. Taxis are available throughout the city for easy commutation.
Book Gujarat tour packages with Indian Holiday with meals, transfers, stays, and sightseeing tours. With our 24*7 assistance and tailor-made services, explore the best of Surat hassle-free.