The Science of life, Ayurveda developed in India around 5000 years ago. The oldest of all healthcare systems in the world, Ayurveda works on promoting overall wellness of individual. Ayurveda uses natural therapies to treat an individual in order to attain the perfect balance of body, mind and soul. Kerala has a strong bond with Ayurveda which has lasted for years. Kerala has carried the tradition of Ayurveda through the years with utmost dedication.
Benefits of Ayurveda
- Ayurveda is a natural healing system, which has a number of benefits to offer. Here is a list of some benefits:
- Ayurveda uses a holistic approach to improve the mental, physical and psychological conditions of an individual.
- The different treatments used in Ayurveda are believed to have no side effects on one’s body.
- As compared to other treatments, Ayurveda treatments have a long lasting effect on the body of an individual.
- Natural ingredients like plants, herbs flowers and fruits are used for preparing Ayurveda oils and medicines.
- Ayurveda is very effective in curing chronic diseases. Also, it is cheaper than other medical systems.
- The therapies of Ayurveda provide relief from stress and help in rejuvenating the body and mind.
Process for Ayurvedic Treatment
One of the world’s oldest holistic healing systems, Ayurveda has a unique and natural process of treating different problems of an individual. Ayurveda focuses on the belief that health and wellness of an individual depends on the balance between one’s mind, body and soul. Ayurvedic medicine focuses on the promotion of good health of an individual.
One’s health is promoted through Ayurvedic massages, various therapeutic treatments and diet plans along with yoga or meditation sessions. Ayurvedic practitioners assess the body of the individual and further prepare a treatment program. To treat any issue of the body, it takes around a couple of weeks. Simple treatments like herbal massages can be done in a day or two. Generally the duration of such packages vary between a span of 3 days to two or three weeks.
Best time to go for Ayurveda in Kerala
Monsoon season is considered an ideal time to go for Ayurvedic treatments in Kerala. The monsoon season starts in the month of June and ends in September. It is the time when the weather remains cool, moist and pleasant in Kerala. This weather perfectly complements the different treatments of Ayurveda.
Best Resorts for Ayurveda in Kerala
Kerala experiences a moist humid climate and is well-known for its supply of medicinal herbs and plants. Because of favorable weather and abundant supply of herbs, a number of Ayurvedic resorts are set up in Kerala. These resorts are located at beautiful and serene locations, which add to the Ayurveda experience in Kerala. All the Ayurveda resorts of Kerala offer a wide range of Ayurvedic treatments.
Here is a list of some of the best Ayurveda resorts in Kerala:
- Somatheeram Ayurvedic Health Resort (Kovalam)
- Manaltheeram Ayurveda Beach Village (Trivandrum)
- Kairali Ayurvedic Healing Village Health Resort (Palakkad)
- Beach and Lake Ayurvedic Resort (Trivandrum)
- Keraleeyam Ayurvedic Resort (Alappuzha)
- Kalari Kovilakom (Palakkad)
- Vivanta by Taj, Bekal
- Nirmaya Surya Samudra, Kovalam
- Neeleshwar Hermitage, Bekal
Ayurveda not only cures a person of his/her health problem but offers a permanent solution to remain disease free. This form of healing focuses mainly on three parts of the body: kapha, vata and pitta. By balancing these three parts, one aims to create a state of health and wellbeing.
Monsoon is said to be the ideal season for Ayurvedic treatments. During this time, the atmosphere is clean and best for treatment and rejuvenation. This is when the pores of the skin are open and get cleansed easily. The atmosphere at this time of the year is also congenial as it is dust-free and cool. Monsoon is the perfect time for massages with therapeutic oils.
Kerala is blessed with numerous Ayurveda Resorts. These offer therapies based on oil treatment for health and fitness. The massages and treatments rejuvenate the body and make it fitter. Well-known Ayurvedic treatments found in resorts in Kerala are Purwakarma, Oil Massage, Yoga & Meditation, Sweat Treatments, Samana and Panchakarma.