The virgin Marari beach at Mararikulam are home to the fishing communities whose lifestyle is still infused with the simplicity and rustic charm of their ancestors a century ago.
The golden sand overlooking the crystal sea and a group of coco palms dancing to the tune of sea breeze are all to keep you company at Marari beach, one of the latest addages to the list of exotic beaches in Kerala. 40 km from Cochin, Mararikulam was and still is a fishing village unexposed to the urban ways of life. The traditional fishermen customs and the simplicity of the local people are a bonus to the idyllic settings. If you are too used to the urban sheen, try out beach volleyball, parasailing, or surfing on the sapphire waters of the Arabian Sea. Make a trip to the local coir making outlets for an ethnic experience.
What to See
- Mararikulam village
- Local fishing tactics
- Ayurveda centre at the resort
The Marari Beach Resort at Mararikulam is a standalone resort with exotic cottages and spas set on a sprawling 25 acres of coconut grove overlooking the beach.
- Try authentic Kerala cuisine
- Witness the local fishing tactics
- If you are on for a rustic experience at sea, sail out on a fishing boat with a fisherman
- Wear soft cotton clothing
- Learn a few words in Malayalam words to be able to express yourself in case of dire need