At an altitude of 1100 m and 65 km from Idukki district and 60 km from Kottayam Vagamon made up of the Thangal hills, the Kurisumala and the Murugan hills. Perched high among green tea plantations and gurgling streams, Vagamon or Wagamon ensures an exhilarating and soothing haven for trekkers and hikers. Strolling through he nature walks in Vagamon, you might come across elephants frolicking in pools juts like that. With a rich and varied range of flora and fauna Vagamon is ideal for all those seeking a travel experience with a difference.
- Kurisumala (Christian pilgrimage)
- Kurisumala dairy farm
- Unique rock formation at Thangal para an Indo-Swiss project
- Tea plantations
Accommodations Available: The Vagamon Hideout- the SAJ Heritage hotel offers comfortable stay for tourists visiting Vagamon.
How to Reach
Vagamon is well connected by road to Kottayam, Palai and Idukki. A 2- 2 ½ hrs (approx) drive from any of these places will take you to Vagamon.
- The temperature remains between 10 degrees and 23 degrees centigrade. Carry adequate clothing
- Trek to the dairy farm run by monks to witness the work there
- Hike about nature walks; they have surprises for you in store