With its charming backwaters and splendid landscape views, Kerala is a dream destination for tourists. Kerala had been under the leadership of numerous dynasties. It includes the Pallavas, the Cholas, and the Chalukyas. Therefore, a Kerala tour involves a visit to numerous historical places. Museums form one of the principal historical places in Kerala.
The rulers have left their impact. Sculptural works prepared from copper and bronze deserve special mention and have safely been kept inside the Museum. In the museums of Kerala, you will be able to discover the gradual transition from the Neolithic to the modern age. There is a vast collection of coins and artifacts inside the museum, a storehouse of many antique pieces.
Description of the Museums in Kerala:
The Royal Family of Kochi is found alive inside the Museum of Kerala. You can see their arms and ammunition inside the Kerala Museum. It is important to note that the museums in Kerala are galleries of historical antique pieces. These antique pieces are of great importance. Archeologists find these antiques an essential source for their theses and research. The various paintings, which are rare and unique, are found here. Relics that date back to ancient times are located at the museums in Kerala. Metal sculptures, ornaments, and wood carvings are also found here. There are also mural paintings in several museums.
Old coins that resemble miniature forms of ancient temples are of prime importance. The museums of Kerala are crucial not only for archeologists but also for historians. These museums are indispensable. The stock inside the museum points out the rich heritage of Indian culture. But, on the other hand, the museums are the storehouse of some glaring Indian antiquities.
The principal museums in Kerala are the following:
- Napier Museum Trivandrum
- Ishnapuram Palace Museum,
- Tata Tea Museum
- Natural History Museum Trivandrum
- Puthe Maliga Palace Museum Trivandrum
List of popular museums in Kerala
- Ambalavayal Heritage Museum, Wayanad
- Arakkal Kettu Museum, Kannur
- Archaeological Museum, Thrissur
- Art Museum, Thrissur
- Bay Island Driftwood Museum, Kottayam
- Chacha Nehru Children's Museum, Thiruvananthapuram
- Hill Palace Museum, Thripunithura
- Indo-Portuguese Museum, Fort Kochi
- Keralam - Museum of History and Heritage
- The Ethnological Museum, Kozhikode
- Koyikkal Palace & Museum, Thiruvananthapuram
- Krishnapuram Palace & Archaeological Museum, Kayamkulam
- Kuthiramalika Palace Museum, East Fort
So, if you are a history buff, then you must visit Kerala. Check out our Kerala tour packages.