Lying on the side of Vypin Island, Cherai Beach is every swimmer’s paradise. It is one of the most popular Kochi beaches that is frequently visited by those looking for a relaxing swim with a backdrop of verdant coconut groves. The beach provides a beautiful view of the famous Chinese Fishing Nets or Chenna Vala well. Cherai Beach is a great beach to visit for a relaxing time with family or your better half and enjoy the sun setting.
Distance from Kochi airport: 26 km (approx.)
Distance from Ernakulam railway station: 28 km (approx.)
Things to do at Cherai Beach
- While on the Cherai Beach, indulge in some fun activities -
- Collect beautiful seashells.
- Witness dolphins at Cherai Beach.
- Swim in the azure waters.
- Enjoy snacks and drinks at the shacks.
Witness Chinese Fishing Nets while swimming.
- Some places around Cherai Beach you can visit are –
- Ayurveda Treatment Centre
- Cherai Ayurveda Bhavan Spa
- La Arcadia Iyengar Yoga Centre
- Marine Drive
- After a swimming session, visit these restaurants near Cherai Beach –
- Pristine Chocolates & Spices
- Esha Muziris
- Chilliout Café
- Liliput Multi-Cuisine Restaurant
Baywatch Family Restaurant
- Check out these hotels/resorts around Cherai Beach for a comfortable stay –
- Sealine Beach Resort
- Malikal Heritance Cherai
- Cherai Beach Residency
- Les 3 Elephants Cherai Beach
Club Mahindra Cherai Beach
- Do not forget to savour local delicacies.
- Be careful while you swim.
- Wear sunscreen before you step on the beach.