Lying on the side of Vypin Island in the city of Kochi (in Kerala), Cherai Beach is known to be every swimmer's paradise. It is one of the most popular beaches in the port city of Kochi, frequently visited for a relaxing swim surrounding the green coconut groves.
The beach provides a beautiful view of the famous Chinese Fishing Nets or Chenna Vala well. Cherai Beach is a great beach to visit for a relaxing time with family or your better half and enjoy the scenic beauty.
Distance from Kochi airport: 26 km (approx.)
Distance from Ernakulam railway station: 28 km (approx.)
Things to do at Cherai Beach
- While on Cherai Beach, indulge in some fun activities
- Collect beautiful seashells.
- Witness dolphins at Cherai Beach.
- Swim in the azure waters.
- Enjoy snacks and drinks at the shacks.
- Witness Chinese Fishing Nets while swimming.
- Some places around Cherai Beach you can visit are –
- Ayurveda Treatment Centre
- Cherai Ayurveda Bhavan Spa
- La Arcadia Iyengar Yoga Centre
- Marine Drive
- Munambam Beach
- After a swimming session, visit these restaurants near Cherai Beach –
- Pristine Chocolates & Spices
- Esha Muziris
- Chilliout Café
- Liliput Multi-Cuisine Restaurant
- Baywatch Family Restaurant
- Check out these hotels/resorts around Cherai Beach for a comfortable stay –
- Sealine Beach Resort
- Malikal Heritance Cherai
- Cherai Beach Residency
- Les 3 Elephants Cherai Beach
- Club Mahindra Cherai Beach
- Do not forget to savour local delicacies.
- Be careful while you swim.
- Wear sunscreen before you step on the beach.