Beautiful premises and a peaceful atmosphere is what makes Fort Kochi Beach a favourite among tourists and locals alike. What makes it unique from other beaches of Kerala are the lush trees and verdant greenery on the granite walkway to the beach adding to its serenity. While on Fort Kochi beach, you can enjoy seafood, witness the lighthouse, and stroll on the beach with your loved ones. If you are lucky, you may also catch a glimpse of cargo ships passing through the sea. The relics of Fort Immanuel can also be seen.
Things to do:
- Some of the fun things to do at Fort Kochi Beach are -
- See the Chinese Fishing Nets.
- Savour delicous sea food.
- Explore the ruins of Fort Immanuel.
- Attend the famous Cochin Carnival conducted on New Year’s Eve.
- Once your Fort Kochi Beach tour is over, head to these nearby attractions –
- Fort Kochi
- Church of Saint Francis
- Vasco Da Gama Square
- Mahatma Gandhi Beach
- Kashi Art Gallery
- Some of the top places to eat near Fort Kochi Beach include –
- The Indian Oven
- Rasoi Fort Kochi
- Sutra Art Café
- The Asian Kitchen by Tokyo Bay
- Farmers Café
Here are the closest hotels near Fort Kochi Beach –
- Holiday Inn Cochin
- Forte Kochi
- Neemrana’s Tower House
- Malabar House
- Crowne Plaza Kochi
- A part of the beach is not accessible to visitors as it is under the control of the Indian Navy. Follow the rules.
- You can interact with the locals and know more about the area.
- Help clean up Fort Kochi Beach.
Distance from Kochi airport: 43 km (approx.)
Distance from Ernakulam railway station: 12 km (approx.)