As the name already suggests, this beach is named after the ‘Father of Nation’, Mahatma Gandhi. And despite not having a long stretched coastline, Mahatma Gandhi beach is among the top beaches to visit in Kochi. The water at this beach is deep and has big vessels and cruise ships. Many food shacks here are full of freshly caught fish and other sea creatures that you can enjoy. And also, there are some of the best restaurants near the beach where you can visit for a hearty meal.
Things to do at Mahatma Gandhi Beach
- Indulge in these fun activities at Mahama Gandhi Beach -
- Take a long walk along the coastline.
- Explore the playground.
- Savour some mouth-watering seafood.
- Once you have enjoyed your time at the Mahatma Gandhi Beach, head to these places nearby -
- Church of Saint Francis
- Fort Kochi Beach
- David Hall Gallery & Café
- Fort Emmanuel
- Dutch Cemetery
- Sit down for a fulfiling meal at the following restaurants near Mahatma Gandhi Beach -
- The Asian Kitchen by Tokyo Bay
- The Drawing Room, Kochi
- Rasoi Fort Kochi
- Famers Café
- The Indian Oven
- Here are some of the best hotels to stay near Mahatma Gandhi Beach as per your needs and budget –
- Brunton Boatyard – CGH Earth
- Neemrana’s – The Tower House
- Roses Inn
- Orion Skywings
- Ballard Bungalow
- The water here is deep and thus it is not advised to go for a swim.
- You may find the beach a bit unclean. But the walks here are worth it.
- Do not forget to try seafood from the seafood stands at the beach.
Distance from Kochi airport: 43 km (approx.)
Distance from Ernakulam railway station: 13 km (approx.)