Kolhapur is one such undeveloped town that is located somewhere in the southern part of the nation. It can indeed be a memorable experience to stroll around the undeveloped towns, talk to the residents, and take in the beauty of all the works of art that adorn the area.
There are several things that this community on the Panchganga River is highly renowned for. One of the many attractions available. The following magnificent tourist attractions in Kolhapur are worth visiting, especially if this is your first visit.
Kolhapur Tourist Places List
- New Palace- The architectural wonder known as the New Palace, also known as the Maharaja's Palace, is decorated in various Rajwada, Rajasthani, and Gujarati styles. This palace, built in 1884 from black polished stone, was formerly Chhatrapati Shahu Maharaj's home.
- Panhala Fort- The Panhala Fort, one of the top attractions in Kolhapur, is renowned for being the enormous fort in the entire Deccan region. This fort boasts roughly 7 kilometers of impressive defenses that provide panoramic views of the lush countryside.
- Rankala Lake- Its utter tranquility places it at the top of the list of attractions in Kolhapur. Although Rankala Lake is artificial, it is home to a wealth of natural resources and provides an unmatched calm experience. Moreover, this lake offers two ghats, Rajghat and Marathaghat, constructed in Shri Chhatrapati Shahu Maharaj's direction.
- Dajipur Wildlife Sanctuary- Kolhapur has an abundance of tourist attractions. However, there is something here for everyone, whether they are architecture enthusiasts or nature lovers. Dajipur Wildlife Sanctuary should go on your bucket list if you want to see Kolhapur's wild side.
- Kopeshwar Temple- Kopeshwar Temple, another popular attraction in Kolhapur dedicated to Lord Shiva, is a must-see for visitors. Numerous people are drawn to this temple year-round because of its gorgeous location.
- Mahalaxmi Temple- One of the most popular tourist attractions in Kolhapur is the Mahalaxmi Temple, built in the 7th century under the direction of the Chalukya dynasty emperors. One of the six residences of the Goddess of Power, also known as "Shakti," is this temple. One can find salvation and the satisfaction of their wishes in this sanctuary.
- Sagareshwar Wildlife Sanctuary- Sagareshwar Wildlife Sanctuary is yet another destination for animal and nature lovers in Kolhapur. The primary draw of this location in this town is that it is a well-maintained, artificial forest. The fauna that can be observed living in this sanctuary, which is 11 square kilometers long, was also artificially introduced here.
If you are planning to visit tourist places in Kolhapur, then you must check out our Kolhapur tour packages.