Kovalam in Kerala is famous for its golden beaches and palm fringed shores. One of the best beaches in the world Kovalam is the idyllic retreat which is the Paradise of the East.
Stretches of golden sands and blue waves kissing the palm fringed shores allure the tourists to this beach in Kerala. Kovalam is famous for its scenic beauty and range of water sports which attracts the adventure freaks.
Major Tourist Attractions of Kovalam:
- Padmanabhapuram Palace: The Padmanabhapuram Palace in Kovalam is near the Veli hills. Nestled at the foot of the Veli hills this palace is a remarkable artwork. It is a beautiful specimen of woodwork reflecting the Kerala architecture and it was the residential palace of the Travancore rulers.
- Sankhumugham Beach: Sankhumugham Beach is the favorite haunt of sunset watchers. The fascinating sunsets or sunrise in this beach allures the tourists from all over. Golden sands and the crimson rays of the setting sun fascinate the tourists. This is one of the major tourist attractions of Kovalam.
- Vizhinjam Lighthouse: In Kovalam there is a light house on the shores of Arabian Sea. Kovalam also has a beach called the Lighthouse Beach. If you can climb on the Vizhinjam Lighthouse then you can enjoy a captivating view of the beautiful village of Kovalam.
- Varkala Beach: Situated 55 kms from Trivandrum, this is an important pilgrimage centre and the beach is lined with a row of shops which sells exquisite handicrafts. Varkala Beach offers you one of the most beautiful views of the Arabian Sea from high above the cliff.
- Water Sports in Kovalam: Kovalam is the ideal place for swimming, kayaking, skiing and surfing .Indulge yourself in sunbath on the exotic beaches or just swim in the blue waters of Arabian Sea. Water sports in Kovalam are one of the major tourist attractions of Kovalam.