Kovalam in Kerala is famous for its golden beaches and palm-fringed shores. Home to one of the best beaches in the world, Kovalam is the idyllic retreat, also called the ‘Paradise of the East’. The pristine waters and beach activities attract tourists from around the world to relax and unwind. Kovalam is famous for its scenic beauty and water sports range, attracting adventure freaks. So if you are planning to visit Kovalam, here are the top attractions to include in your Kovalam sightseeing -
Major Tourist Attractions of Kovalam:
- Padmanabhapuram Palace: The Padmanabhapuram Palace in Kovalam is near the Veli hills. Nestled at the foot of the Veli hills, this palace is a remarkable artwork. It is a beautiful specimen of woodwork reflecting the Kerala architecture, and it was the residential palace of the Travancore rulers.
- Shanghumugham Beach: Shanghumugham Beach is the favorite haunt of sunset watchers. The fascinating sunsets or sunrise on this beach allure tourists from all over. Golden sands and crimson rays of the setting sun fascinate tourists. Kovalam is one of the major tourist attractions.
- Vizhinjam Lighthouse: In Kovalam, there is a lighthouse on the shores of the Arabian Sea. Kovalam also has a beach called the Lighthouse Beach. If you can climb on the Vizhinjam Lighthouse, you can enjoy a captivating view of the beautiful village of Kovalam.
- Varkala Beach: Situated 42 km from Trivandrum, this important pilgrimage center is among the best Kovalam tourist places. The beach is lined with a row of shops that sell exquisite handicrafts. In addition, Varkala Beach offers you one of the most beautiful views of the Arabian Sea from high above the cliff.
- Water Sports in Kovalam: Kovalam is the ideal place for swimming, kayaking, skiing, and surfing. Indulge yourself in sunbathing on exotic beaches or swimming in the blue waters of the Arabian Sea. Water sports in Kovalam are one of the major tourist attractions of Kovalam.