One of the most popular tourist attractions in Kovalam, is Vellayani Lake. The magnificent beauty of the aquatic bodies in this state is a major draw for tourists. The Vellayani Lake near Kovalam, Kerala, is one such well-known body of water. This is the same lake that we are all familiar with because of the Onam festival screensaver. The Vellayani Lake is well-known around the world since it is the site of well-liked boating competitions. As a result, visitors from all over the world come here every year, notably during the Onam festival.
Best Time to Visit Vellayani Lake in Kovalam
The finest months to visit the Karamani River in Kovalam, Kerala, are always from October to February because that is when the heat is most tolerable. Try to visit the lake during the Onam festival, though, if you want to witness the lake in all of its splendor.
How to reach Vellayani Lake in Kovalam
Seven kilometers separate the Vellayani Lake from Kovalam's city center. So, to get to the lake, you can take a taxi or a tour bus.
- Make sure you have the opportunity to visit the lake during the significant Onam celebration.
- In the crowded location, you risk losing track of your possessions, so take care.
Things to do
- Enjoy a peaceful stroll around the Vellayani Lake's shores as you take in the fragrant wild flowers and lush, green surroundings.
- You can sample a variety of regional foods that will fully satiate your palate.
- To get a sense of light adventure, try boating or any other adventure sport.
- lighthouse beach
- hawa beach,
- Sellayani Lake
- Neyyar Dam
- Kovalam Surf Club
- Kovalam Beach
- Ayurveda Panchakarma Centre
- Karamana River
- 3rd Rock
- Curry Leaf
- Sanjeevini restaurant
- Oyster Restaurant
- The Terrace
- A Beach Café
- Lonely Planet
- Malabar Café
- Molly’s Retreat Restaurant
Famous for: Nature, Photography, Adventure, Romance, Mythology.
Entry Fee: No fee is required for adventure sports, transport and food.
Visiting Time: From sunrise to sunset.
Visiting Duration: 30 minutes to 1 hour or even more as per your liking.
If you are planning to visit Vellayani Lake in Kovalam, then you must check out our Kovalam tour packages.