Kudroli Shree Gokarnanatheshwara Kshethra temple in Mangalore is one of the magnificent tourist attractions. The heritage edifice is a landmark for those who believe in one God.
The temple has a revolutionary history. It dates back to the 18th century when entry into temples was banned for backward classes and the downtrodden. The Billava community longed for equality. Under the leadership of Sri Sahukar Koragappa they sought solace from the spiritual head "Brahmashree Narayana Guru". The guru had played a vital role in the religious revolution in Kerala. He had proclaimed that every creation of God has a right to worship God and there is only "One Caste, One Religion and One GOD". 101 temples were built all over Kerala and provided direct entry into the temple to everyone. A consecrated Shivalinga had been brought to Kudroli temple at Mangalore and named as "Kudroli Gokarnanatheshwara" in the year 1912.
The temple has an entry porche of the elephant – Gajaraja. Spread over 2 Lakh sq. ft. complete with marble flooring, it is a heaven for all beliers. Lakhs of pilgrims belonging to different castes, communities & religions come and offer prayers here. There are instances of many people who have been cured from different ailments by the grace of Lord Gokarnanatheshwara. The temple combines the modern architecture with traditional science of sculpturing on the themes of Prateeka Sampradaya of Adhwaithamritha.