One of the most popular tourist attractions of Mumbai, Hanging Garden is a terrace-style garden that was established way back in the year 1880 by Ulhas Ghapokar and later was renovated in 1921. The garden also known as Pherozeshah Mehta Garden as it is dedicated to barrister Pherozeshah Mehta. This well-maintained lush garden offers beautiful sights and is quite popular for its animal-shaped hedges and wonderful green vegetation. One can also enjoy the view of the gushing waves of the expansive Arabian Sea. Hanging Garden is also known for offering memorable sunset views. The garden is founded on a water reservoir that provides drinking waters to the people who stay nearby. Several kinds of flowers, huge trees and plants beautify the well-manicured garden.
The garden is visited by locals as well as tourists of all groups as it is an ideal place where one can enjoy picnic with his loved ones. Kids visiting the park love the swings here, specially the ‘Old woman’s shoe’ and the ‘Boot House’, which are made up of stone. This well-maintained garden is built on a slope of Malabar Hill.
The Main Attractions in Hanging Garden:
- Animal- shaped topiaries and hedges all around
- Memorable sunset view of the Arabian Sea
- Maintained pathways for walking and jogging
- Ideal place to click photographs
- Water fountains look mesmerizing during evening hours
- Panoramic views of Chowpatty and Marine Drive
- Special playground with swings for kids