The Cheeyappara Waterfalls is one of the beautiful waterfalls of evergreen Kerala. It is one of the attractive excursion points on the way to Munnar. This famous waterfall is between Neriamangalam and Adimali along the highway linking Cochin and Madurai. You can see water cascading down at an altitude of 1000 feet above sea level over seven steps with an overpowering sound, creating an ethereal mist.
The Cheeyappara Waterfalls in Munnar is an ideal tourist spot for adventure and nature lovers. Trekking, hiking, and forest walks are some adventure sports one can try. In addition, this natural beauty can be visited while holidaying in Munnar.
Cheeyappara Waterfalls Munnar Timings and Entry Fee
Cheeyappara Waterfalls is open for the entire day, and you can visit this place anytime. Therefore, there is no need for a ticket price to visit Cheeyappara Waterfalls Munnar.
Best Time to Visit Cheeyappara Waterfalls
You can visit this breathtaking waterfall in Munnar throughout the year. However, the best time to visit Cheeyappara Waterfalls is after the monsoon season. During this time, the climate condition is pleasant, and the volume of water is eye pleasing. Therefore, you can spend a few hours and get a picturesque view.
Things to do at Cheeyappara Waterfalls
There are many things that you can enjoy while enjoying your visit to the waterfalls of Munnar. From experiencing relaxation to indulging in thrilling activities, everything is possible with just one visit to this waterfall.
Here is the list of things you must do while visiting this waterfall of Munnar.
- Witness the Water Stream: This waterfall is a seven stages cascade and descends from River Periyar. You can witness that and get a quick bath by standing or plunging into the natural pool.
- Relaxation: The dense growth of trees and tranquility make this place a paradise for relaxation. Tourists from different corners of the country visit here to unwind away from the hustle-bustle of the city.
- Trekking: You can enjoy trekking and forest walks to reconnect yourself with nature's beauty. You can also find several species of birds and animals while exploring the surrounding area.
- Adventure Sports: Apart from trekking, you can indulge in mountaineering and rock-climbing activities. These activities are popular and organized to give you a dose of thrill.
- Photography: It is one of the must-do activities that help you in creating memories. The breathtaking view of the waterfall, the opposite valley, and the dense forest make it an ideal backdrop for photography.
How to Reach Cheeyappara Waterfalls Munnar
Cheeyappara Waterfalls is located on the highway that links Munnar with Kochi. Cheeyappara is around 44 km from Munnar and is best reached via road. The bus stop from this waterfall is approximately 42 km away, and the nearest railway station and airport are in Kochi, around 80 km.
Key Points to Keep in Mind When Visiting Cheeyappara Waterfalls
- Be careful of the monkeys around this waterfall.
- If you want to take a quick dive into the waterfalls, carry extra clothes.
- Do not forget to wear comfortable clothes and shoes for walking the trail.
- Carry your water bottles and essential medicine.