A seven-step waterfall, Thommankuthu Waterfalls in Munnar is known for its picturesque surroundings and verdant jungles. This waterfall offers a lot of things to indulge in adventure lovers. They can entertain themselves by engaging in thrilling activities like rock climbing, trekking, etc. Bathing and going on a nature walk are also popular things to do at Thommankuthu Waterfalls for nature lovers. You can also capture some photos to keep them as memories.
This majestic waterfall is one of the most popular waterfalls in Munnar. Surrounded by rich dense forests and tea plantations, this attraction should be on your list of top places to visit in Munnar.
- Thommankutha is a famous eco-tourism region with series of waterfalls including Thommankutha Waterfalls.
- It offers the most fascinating views of the Western Ghats.
- The waters of this fall cascades with a full flow allowing tourists to bathe in its cool water.
- Trekking though the pristine terrains of hilly forests is an amazing experience.
Apart from this, while you trek, you can spot colourful birds, monkeys, and other small animals that live in the jungle.
Thommankutha Waterfalls is one of the best places to visit in Munnar for couples or even families who want to take a day off and relax in the woods in quiet.
Things to do at Thommankuthu Waterfalls:
- Indulge in activities such as trekking and rock climbing.
- Enjoy the peaceful surroundings.
- Bathe in the refreshing water.
- Spot monkeys and birds while trekking.
Go on a nature walk.
Best time to visit: September to May
Distance from Cochin International Airport: 65 km (approx.)
Distance from Cochin Harbour Terminus: 73 km (approx.)
Here are some of the places to visit near Thommankuthu Waterfalls -
- Cheeyappara Waterfalls
- Valara Waterfalls
- Aanachadikuth Waterfalls
Things to know before visiting Thommankuthu Waterfalls:
- The water of the waterfall is cold, so carry light woollens to protect yourself.
- Wear a good pair of shoes for a better trekking experience.
- Carry some snacks to enjoy while at the waterfalls and do no litter.