Mussoorie is home to some pristine and intriguing attractions, which lure a large number of tourists. Among those, Mussoorie Lake is a prime attraction which is known for its lush surroundings and scenic landscape. The lake is encompassed by Doon Valley on one side and Shivalik Hills on the other.
The lake is built at a picturesque location and is nestled 6 km from the city of Mussoorie. It lies on the Dehradun- Mussoorie road, which makes it quite accessible for tourists. Those commuting via bus can get down at Dhobi Ghat from where the lake is within walking distance.
This is a paradise for nature lovers and peace seekers. One can enjoy some time at the lake either by sitting around the lake, taking a walk, or going for a boat ride. People coming from nearby places bring packed lunch boxes to enjoy a picnic session with their family members. Monsoons are the best time to visit Mussoorie Lake if you want to enjoy the verdant beauty.
You can add this tourist place to your Mussoorie tour package with us. Our travel packages are customizable, which you can modify with the help of our travel experts. Contact us for more information and to book a Mussoorie tour with us!
Here are the complete details about Mussoorie Lake
- Location: Dhobi Ghat, Mussoorie, Mussoorie, Uttarakhand, 248179
- Best time to visit: The best time to visit Mussoorie Lake is during the monsoon season between July and October.
Things to do in Mussoorie Lake
- You will find people enjoying a picnic here with their friends or family. You can do the same thing.
- The lake is popular for boating and with a nominal charge you can enjoy that too.
- Go on a photography session because the beautiful mountain range will surely make you a lot of great clicks.
- Take a nature walk on the path made around the lake.
- You can also enjoy the Zorbing activity by paying a small amount.
- Zip liner activity is also on offer at Mussoorie Lake.
How to Reach Mussoorie Lake
Mussoorie Lake is located 6 km from Mussoorie city, which is easily accessible by road. While traveling by bus from Dehradun, you can get down at Dhobi Ghat and walk from there. The nearest railhead and airport is in Dehradun from where you can board a bus or hire a taxi to reach Mussoorie.
Mussoorie Lake Entry and other Fees
Given below are the charges that you will have to pay for different activities:
- The entry fee is 15 INR per person.
- For boating, the fee is 30 INR per person.
- For Zorbing, you will have to pay 100 INR per person.
- The fee of Zip Lining is 350 INR per person.
Opening and Closing Time of Mussoorie Lake
Mussoorie Lake is a prime attraction of the hill station, which remains open seven days a week. The entry timings of the lake are from 8 AM to 6 PM.
Tips to keep in mind while visiting Mussoorie Lake
- Do not miss out on the experience of boating at this artificial lake amidst the mountains.
- Except for those who visit here for a picnic, you do not have to carry food because there are a few shops at the lake's entrance. You can take refreshments and snacks from these shops.
- This spot is a fantastic place to visit with family and friends, so if you are traveling to Mussoorie, ensure you do not miss out on this attraction.