One of the prime highlights and highest peaks of Nainital is the Naini Peak. Settled at an altitude of 2611 m above sea level, this peak is around 6 km away from the town. Naina is a beautiful peak; soothing to your mind and soul. From the top, one can have a fantastic view of the snow-covered Himalayas from Bandar Punch in the West to Nepal's Api and Nari peaks in the east.
Moreover, the eye-shaped Naini Lake looks beautiful from the Naina Peak in Nainital. This peak is an excellent sightseeing point that also offers you a chance to indulge in trekking. You can trek around 6 km to reach the top while observing a dense forest of cypress, oak, Kumaon flora, and pine trees. This Naina Peak Trek in Nainital is a delight for adventure lovers and trekkers.
Best Time to Visit Naina Peak
The best time to visit Naina Peak is summer and winter. It is advisable to skip the monsoon season as the chances of landslides increase and the trek becomes slippery. During winter, the climate is a little bit freezy, and you will have to carry extra woolen while trekking. However, after reaching the top, you can get a chance to witness snow-covered mountains.
Things to do at and around Naina Peak
- Trek to the peak and observe the surrounding beauty.
- Click photographs of panoramic views and majestic mountains.
- Enjoy boat riding at Naini Lake and admire the mountains.
- Go on a shopping spree at Mall Road.
- Explore the Eco Cave Garden for an exciting experience.
- Take a ride on a ropeway to capture the spell-bounding view of majestic mountains.
You can cover many more attractions through our customizable Nainital tour packages. Contact our tour experts and plan your vacation in Nainital by including your requirements.