Get a 360-degree view of Nainital from the Tiffin Top, one of the most beautiful viewpoints. Tiffin Top in Nainital is one of the famous picnic spots, and it is located at Ayarpatta Hill with an elevation of 2290 m.
It is also known as Dorothy's Seat and was built by British Colonel J.P Kellet. The meaning of Tiffin is packed food; thus, visitors often pack their food and unwind their minds and body for a while here.
Since Tiffin Top Nainital is located at a high elevation, it wouldn't be ideal for older people to climb up the hill, but trekkers would enjoy the route. If not by foot, you can choose to take a ride on the horse's back to reach Tiffin Top. Charges for hiring a pony range between INR 500 and 700.
The distance from Nainital is not much, but the altitude is something to consider. Where aged people can prefer taking a bus or a pony ride, trekkers love the entire route a lot. Adventure junkies also love the Tiffin Top trek because of the altitude.
- Timings: Monday to Sunday - 8 am to 5:30 pm
- Although this beautiful destination is open for 24 hours, the temperature drops significantly after sunset. Therefore the above-given time is perfect for travelers to be here and enjoy the stunning 360-degree-view.
- Entry Fee: There is no Entry Fee to visit here, but if you want to take a horse ride, you will have to pay between 500 INR to 700 INR.
- Location: You will have to trek for around 4 kilometers uphill from the Sherwood College, Ayarpatta, Nainital, Uttarakhand 263002
Activities to Enjoy at Tiffin Top in Nainital
People love visiting Nainital Tiffin Top for many things, and enjoying the natural beauty is their most prominent.
Here is the list of activities you can enjoy at Tiffin Top, Nainital:
- Firstly, you can enjoy the trek or the pony ride to the top.
- You can enjoy the breathtaking view of the surrounding from Dorothy's Seat.
- Enjoy the packet food, after which this point is popular and named after.
- Some adventure activities can be enjoyed here, including Rappelling and Rock Climbing.
- You can also enjoy photo sessions for your social media. You can click pictures all around the place. Rest assured, irrespective of the time you visit here, it will be amusing.
- You can also witness the beautiful Nanda Devi Peak from Tiffin Top.
How to Reach Tiffin's Top
To reach Tiffin Top, you will trek around 4 km uphill from Nainital Mall Road. If you are not comfortable trekking, you can take a pony ride to the top; now, buses are also available. The nearest railway station from Tiffin Top is in Kathgodam (39 kilometers), and the nearest airport is in Pantnagar (59 kilometers). However, if you are coming from a foreign destination, the nearest international airport from Tiffin Top falls in Delhi (Indira Gandhi International Airport) (306 kilometers).
Best time to visit Tiffin Top
The best time to visit Tiffin Top Nainital is between March and June when the temperature is quite comfortable for people to sit here for some time. However, Tiffin Top remains cool when the country experiences summer heat during these months. Tiffin Top temperature remains between 10°C and 27°C.
Things to keep in mind while visiting Tiffin Top
There are a few important things that should be kept in mind during your visit to one of the best tourist places, Nainital:
- First, wear enough warm clothes even if you visit here during the summer.
- Be very cautious and alert while visiting here.
- If you have a child, you need to be extra cautious.
- While visiting Tiffin Top, you should keep a first in your backpack.
- Do not forget to bring your camera along.
Nainital is dotted with picturesque viewpoints that offer spectacular views and trekking opportunities. You can cover all this fun through our well-designed best Nainital tour packages. We include all the basic facilities with customization. So contact our tour experts and get the best deals for your next holiday.