In the Color of Grace, Tonia Triebwasser wrote, “Just as a prism of glass miters light and casts a colored braid; a garden sings sweet incantations the human heart strains to hear. Hiding in every flower, in every leaf, in every twig and bough, are reflections of the God who once walked with us in Eden.” This is true enough; if one comes across the splendid Talkatora Garden he is sure to feel amazed by the overwhelming beauty of the place. Located in the hub of Delhi city, Talkatora Gardens is a popular destination for the tourists.Mainly reputed for the centrally placed Indoor Stadium, this place is a historical spot where Mughals defeated the Marathas in the year 1738. The unparallel romantic charm of this garden continues to allure men.
Three big gateways hoard the Talkatora Garden, a cosmic delight of meandering waterways, verdant stretches and vibrant flowers. The magical charm of the Mughal Gardens, with one upper and one lower, Talkatora seems to be technically well designed.
Historical Significance of Garden Talkatora:
Previously there was a tank and a swimming pool in this region. So, the name Talkatora, Tal means tank and Katora means cup.
This garden attracts tourists in great numbers especially during spring when richly hued flowers begin to bloom. Ornamented with varied flora, this garden also boasts of its playground where games are conducted and shows held.
Description of Talkatora Garden at Delhi:
These exhibitions and competitions draw mass attention and people from across the globe flock here to witness the grand pageantry. One can see potted plants, exquisite leaves, ferns and numerous other floral varieties here.
Evidently Horticulture is practiced with much efficiency and specialization over here; shows are organized for children during specific times of the year to attract their interest in Horticulture.
Visiting Talkatora Garden at Delhi:
Come Spring and Garden Talkatora is metamorphosed into a beautiful land where different hued flowers blooms. Each cries out for attention and each with its own special significance. Come and enjoy the bounty of nature and splendor of creation at Talkatora, a reputed New Delhi Tourist Attractions.
Local buses ply constantly from major points like Connaught Place of the city to Talkatora Gardens. Auto rickshaws are also available. It is open on all days.
Fast - Facts:
Verdant stretches, intermittent water-masses, vibrant flowers epitomize Talkatora garden in Delhi. Built basically according to Mughal style, Talkatora Garden is a delight to the discerning tourists. Swimming pools, three colossal gateways, centrally placed Indoor Stadium laced with thorny bushes are some of the special features of this architectural monument. The soft breeze rejuvenates a tired soul; come to Talkatora Garden and enjoy the magical charm of Mughal designing.
Location: situated on main Willingdon Crescent Road, Talkatora Garden is famous for the centrally placed Indoor Stadium.
Time for Visit: Since Talkatora Garden is open on all days; the best time to visit is from 3.00 pm to 6.00 pm.
Admission: There is no entry fee and admission is open to all.
How to Reach Talkatora Garden: from Connaught place one can avail numerous vehicles
Functional Metro Station: Rajiv Chowk is the serviceable Metro Station.
Time required for sightseeing: Minimum 1 hour is required to reach Talkatora Garden
Nearest Railway Station: the nearest rail head is at New Delhi Railway Station
Nearest International Airport: Indira Gandhi International Airport is the nearest Airport. Nearby Places of Attraction: The nearby places of attraction like Rashtrapati Bhawan, Jantar Mantar, Gateway of India and Churches.
Located in Willingdon Crescent Road, Talkatora Garden is a hot tourist attraction. Previously it had been a vast tank and swimming pool, this place is now a vibrant Horticultural region where one gets to see the potted plants, numerous exquisite floral variations. Nature comes close to us at Talkatora Garden. There are also numerous places of attraction near Talkatora Garden. They are the following:
Nearby Tourist Attractions in Talkatora Garden:
- Cathedral of Sacred Heart: This is a famous church located in the hub of the city. Not only the Christians but the other people too find this church an attractive place where they pray to Almighty. It is a cosmic delight for many.
- Rastrapati Bhawan is the place where Indian President stays, an important place of tourists attraction. The colossal white building is something that you would definitely admire.
- India Gate is a grand monument that is also considered to be the Gateway of India. The majestic structure is another point of attraction near Talkatora Garden.
- Jantar Mantar, a Rajput creation, is a great astronomical observatory that enables you to witness the stars and planets in the cosmos. Take delight in speculating their minute movements and enrich your knowledge.
- Gurudwara Bangla Sahib is a famous place of Sikh worship which becomes the venue for cultural association during fairs and festivals.
- Hanuman Mandir enshrined by Hanuman, the courageous fellow who brought Sanjeevani from across the Himalayas to relieve Laxmana from the grip of death.