Awarded as the ‘Garden of Excellence’ by the World Federation of Rose Societies, Rose Garden is one of the most extensive rose gardens in India. Located on Elk Hill in Vijayanagaram of Ooty, the garden is a wonderland for nature lovers. You can have an enthralling view of more than 20,000 varieties of roses collected from different parts of the world.
Ooty Rose Garden Varieties
Varieties include roses like Hybrid Tea Roses, miniature roses, Floribunda, Ramblers, Yakimour, and Polyanthus, which will leave you spellbound with their fragrance. Assembled in five curving terraces, Tamil Nadu Horticulture Department maintains the garden. Apart from colorful roses, the place is famous for its angel statue.
Tips for Visiting Rose Garden Ooty
- There is a parking facility at the premises.
- Visitors need to climb the hill to visit all the garden levels.
- Ooty is known for unexpected rains. Check the weather forecast before coming. Carry an umbrella and raincoat with you.
- There are seats installed along the shelters throughout the Rose Garden. However, senior citizens may need to reconsider the trip or visit the first few levels only.
- Picking flowers is restricted.