Located in the region of Auroville in Pondicherry, the Auroville beach lies along the shoreline, sharing borders with the Bay of Bengal. Visited by locals as well as tourists in huge numbers, it is one of the most popular beaches in Pondicherry. Auroville Beach has golden-colored soft black volcanic sand. So if you are looking for sun, sea, and sand, head to Auroville Beach Pondicherry.
At 12 km from the main Pondicherry town, this beach lies opposite the road that takes you to Auroville. The waves at the beach are small, and the waters are shallow, making it ideal for swimming. As the beach’s slope is gentle, swimming is one of the best things to do at the Auroville beach for expert as well as novice swimmers. The shingle and shells in different colors get deposited here, making the beach all the more beautiful.
The golden beach Pondicherry is named after Auroville township. Along with crystal clear waters, Auroville Beach offers tranquility, which is ideal for meditating with a picture-perfect backdrop. Keep reading to get information about Pondicherry Beach.
Auroville Beach Location
Auroville Beach is located around 12 km away from Pondicherry, Bommayapalayam, Puducherry, Tamil Nadu.
Entry Fee and Timings of Auroville Beach, Pondicherry
There is no entry fee to visit Auroville Beach. Also, the beach welcomes its visitors from 7 am to 6.30 pm on all days.
Activities at Auroville Beach
Here are the top things to do at Auroville Beach for fun and relaxation -
- Yoga and Meditation
- Strolling along the seashore
- Relaxing in a hammock
Nightlife at Auroville Beach
Unfortunately, Auroville Beach has no nightlife. It is one of the calmest beaches in Pondicherry that closes at 6.30 pm.
Tips for Auroville Beach
- There’s no parking space at the beach. So if you come by own vehicle, park it at the hotel/resort or somewhere outside.
- Carry a good pair of sunglasses to protect your eyes from UV rays.
- Carry food items and water along as no eateries are at the beach.
- Wear light cotton clothes or beach wear along with slippers.
- Lather a generous amount of sunscreen lotion on your face and body to avoid getting sunburned.
- Do not drink or smoke. It is strictly prohibited for both locals and tourists alike.