Camping in Rishikesh is one of the sought-after activities among families, friends, and couples. Moreover, it offers a unique experience to vacationers who wish to spend some quality time away from the hustle-bustle amidst the serene environs.
Camping under the stars in Rishikesh when the world is quiet and sitting in front of a bonfire humming to your favorite songs sounds perfect. Doesn’t it? Being the ‘Adventure Capital of India’, Rishikesh is home to numerous camping sites - on the banks of River Ganga, beaches, jungles, and more. So, you not only get to experience the best camping in Rishikesh but also indulge in various adventure activities for the ultimate adrenaline rush.
During the day, adventure activities like river rafting, beach volleyball, bungee jumping, trekking, rappelling, and flying fox are organized by the best camp in Rishikesh and at night, you can enjoy the beauty of the star-studded sky. So, if you want to escape your daily grind, stay close to nature, and enjoy the babblings of rivers and chirps of colorful birds, visit the best camp in Rishikesh for the best camping experience.
From luxury to regular camps, you can choose to stay in Rishikesh camp as per your conveniences and requirements to have a memorable time. Whether adults or kids, camping in Rishikesh is loved and enjoyed by all. Also, it is popular among adventure enthusiasts, nature lovers, and peace seekers. So, book camping packages in Rishikesh with us for a memorable trip and have a relaxing time.
Take a look at the Best Camps in Rishikesh for an unforgettable experience –
There are plenty of campsites in Rishikesh that provide a comfortable environment and let you stay closer to nature. In addition to adventure activities, the luxury and regular camps provide great amenities, making camping in Rishikesh memorable.
Take a look at the Luxury camping in Rishikesh to soak in the natural beauty -
Aspen Adventure Camp
One of the most popular luxury camps in Rishikesh, Aspen Adventure Camp is encompassed by forests and mountains. The lush surroundings provide the perfect atmosphere for luxury camping in Rishikesh. Offering modern facilities and adventure activities like trekking, bungee jumping, and rafting, book a stay at Aspen Adventure Camp for an unforgettable stay.
- Facilities: Attached washrooms, conference hall, AC, power backup
- Cost: Approx. 3500 per person (one night)
- Location: Neelkanth Road
2. Nature Valley Camp
Situated on the foothills of the Himalayas, Nature Valley Resort offers 10 luxury tents among which 5 are AC and 5 Non-AC. They provided cozy beds that make your stay comfy. Adventure freaks can indulge in fun activities like waterfall trekking and river rafting. Indoor and outdoor games are also organized to keep you entertained during your stay.
- Facilities: Attached western washrooms, AC, power backup
- Cost: Approx. 1790 per person (one night)
- Location: Rattapani, Neelkanth Road
3. Ecoterra Solace Camps
Witness the beautiful valleys, listen to the birds chirping, and view the spectacular sunrise during your stay at one of the best luxury camps in Rishikesh, Ecoterra Solace Camps. They are situated about 16 km from the main city of Rishikesh and are ideal for adventure and nature lovers. The camps provided are clean, furnished, and fully equipped tents with great amenities for you to have the best camping in Rishikesh.
- Facilities: Cafeteria, adventure activities, AC rooms, power backup, doctor on call, attached western washrooms
- Cost: Approx. 2490 per person (one night)
- Location: Kaudiyala, Rishikesh
Take a look at the Riverside camping in Rishikesh to soak in the natural beauty -
Nirvana River Resort
If you want to escape the crowd, you can choose Nirvana River Resort on your next camping trip to Rishikesh. It is a riverside camp in Rishikesh that offers amazing views of the mighty peaks and dense forests. This is one of the luxury camps in Rishikesh that is perfect for enjoying top-notch amenities and letting you spend quality time in nature with your loved ones.
- Facilities: AC, private beach, Wi-Fi, attached western toilet, doctor on call
- Cost: Approx. 3000 per person (one night)
- Location: Mohanchatti near Jumping Heights
2. Wildex Camp Rishikesh
A riverside jungle camp, Wildex Camp in Rishikesh is situated on the banks of River Ganga and allows you to listen to the rippling sounds of the water. Offering you a stay closer to nature and the Ganga River makes Wildex Camp one of the best beach camps in Rishikesh. They also treat guests with barbecue facilities, bonfires, river rafting, and other exciting activities.
- Facilities: Running water, hygienic tents, buffet meal, electricity with backup, conference area
- Cost: Approx. 2000 per person (one night)
- Location: Neelkanth Temple Road, Rishikesh
3. Camp Silver Sands
Camp Silver Sands is perfect for beach camping in Rishikesh as it allows you to experience white water rafting, kayaking, camp games, camp firing, and warm hospitality. This campsite offers a relaxing time with scenic views of the hills. If you are an adventure lover, you can enjoy various activities in the River Ganga and enjoy the mouth-watering meals they provide in their buffet meals in their dining camp.
- Facilities: Comfortable beds, dining, shared toilets and bathrooms, drinking water
- Cost: Approx. 3000 per person (per night)
- Location: Rishikesh-Devprayag Road
Best Time for Camping in Rishikesh
Rishikesh is a beautiful destination that invites travelers all around the year. However, the best time for camping in Rishikesh is from February to mid-June and mid-September to mid-December.
During these months, the weather is pleasant, and you can enjoy camping to the fullest. However, avoid visiting during the rainy season, from July to September.
Things to keep in mind during camping in Rishikesh:
- Always follow the instructions and guidelines of your camp instructor.
- Listen to your instructor before you go for any adventure sport.
- While riverside camping in Rishikesh, make sure to maintain a safe distance.
- Check the weather conditions before you plan your camping trip to Rishikesh.
- Lather mosquito repellent during the night to avoid insect biting and infections.
- Wear long clothes to get rid of bugs and insects at night.
- Keep food in open places to avoid attracting wild animals.
Things to pack for camping in Rishikesh:
- Carry an extra pair of clothes with you. Keep full sleeve clothes for nights.
- Bring insect or mosquito repellants.
- It is better to carry raincoats or a small umbrella if it rains they will be helpful.
- Carry sunglasses, body lotions, and moisturizers to get a skip from sunlight and cold breezes.
- Take an extra bag with you to keep all your belongings in it. Waterproof bags are recommended.
- Carry some energy drinks to get an instant boost when you feel low.
- Keep your prescribed medicine (if any) or precautionary medication for fever, cold, and cough.
- If you have any gear, pack them for adventure activities that you want to enjoy while camping in Rishikesh.