Camping under the stars in Rishikesh when the world is quiet and you are sitting in front of a bonfire humming to your favorite songs sounds perfect. Doesn’t it? Being the ‘Adventure Capital of India’, Rishikesh offers a number of camping sites - on the banks of River Ganga, beaches, jungles, and more. You not only get to experience the best camping in Rishikesh but also indulge in various adventure activities for the ultimate adrenaline rush.
During the day, adventure activities like river rafting, beach volleyball, bungee jumping, trekking, rappelling, and flying fox are organized by the best camp in Rishikesh and at night, you can enjoy the beauty of star studded sky. So, if you want to escape your daily grind, stay close to nature, and enjoy the babblings of rivers and chirps of colorful birds, visit the best camp in Rishikesh for the best camping experience.
From luxury to regular camps, you can choose to stay in a camp in Rishikesh as per your conveniences and requirements and have a memorable time. Be it adults or kids, camping in Rishikesh is loved and enjoyed by all. Also, whether you are an adventure enthusiast, a nature lover, or just want to escape the bustling streets of your city, make sure to book camping packages in Rishikesh for a fun and relaxing time.
Take a look at the Best Camps in Rishikesh for an unforgettable experience –
There are plenty of campsites in Rishikesh that provide a comfortable environment and let you stay closer to the lush greenery, gurgling river, and scenic valleys. In addition to adventure activities, the luxury and regular camps provide great amenities, making camping in Rishikesh memorable.
Take a look at the Luxury camping in Rishikesh to soak in the natural beauty -
1. Aspen Adventure Camp
One of the most popular and luxury camps in Rishikesh, Aspen Adventure Camp is surrounded by forests and mountains, providing the perfect atmosphere for luxury camping in Rishikesh. Offering modern facilities and adventure activities like trekking, bungee jumping, and rafting, book a stay at Aspen Adventure Camp for an unforgettable stay.
- Facilities: Attached washrooms, conference hall, AC, power backup
- Cost: Approx. 3500 per person (one night)
- Location: Neelkanth Road
2. Nature Valley Camp
Situated on the foothills of the Himalayas, Nature Valley Resort offers 10 luxury tents among which 5 are AC and 5 Non-AC. They provided cozy beds that make your stay comfy. Adventure freaks can indulge in fun activities like waterfall trekking and river rafting. Indoor and outdoor games are also organized to keep you entertained during your stay.
- Facilities: Attached western washrooms, AC, power backup
- Cost: Approx. 1790 per person (one night)
- Location: Rattapani, Neelkanth Road
3. Ecoterra Solace Camps
Witness the beautiful valleys, listen to the birds chirping, and view the spectacular sunrise during your stay at one of the best luxury camps in Rishikesh, Ecoterra Solace Camps. They are situated about 16 km from the main city of Rishikesh and are ideal for adventure and nature lovers. The camps provide are clean, furnished, and fully equipped tents with great amenities for you to have the best camping in Rishikesh.
- Facilities: Cafeteria, adventure activities, AC rooms, power backup, doctor on call, attached western washrooms
- Cost: Approx. 2490 per person (one night)
- Location: Kaudiyala, Rishikesh
Take a look at the Riverside camping in Rishikesh to soak in the natural beauty -
1. Nirvana River Resort
If you want to escape the crowded Rishikesh, choose Nirvana River Resort on your next camping trip to Rishikesh. It is a riverside camp in Rishikesh that offers amazing views of the mighty peaks and dense forests around. This is one of the luxury camps in Rishikesh that is perfect to enjoy top-notch amenities and let you spend quality time in nature with your loved ones.
- Facilities: AC, private beach, Wi-Fi, attached western toilet, doctor on call
- Cost: Approx. 3000 per person (one night)
- Location: Mohanchatti near Jumping Heights
2. Wildex Camp Rishikesh
A riverside jungle camp, Wildex Camp in Rishikesh is situated on the banks of River Ganga and gives you the opportunity to listen to the rippling sounds of the water. Offering you a stay closer to nature and the Ganga River makes Wildex Camp one of the best beach camps in Rishikesh. They also treat guests with barbecue facilities, bonfire, river rafting, and other exciting activities.
- Facilities: Running water, hygienic tents, buffet meal, electricity with backup, conference area
- Cost: Approx. 2000 per person (one night)
- Location: Neelkanth Temple Road, Rishikesh
3. Camp Silver Sands
Camp Silver Sands is perfect for beach camping in Rishikesh as it allows you to experience white water rafting, kayaking, camp games, camp firing, and warm hospitality. This campsite offers a relaxing time with scenic views of the hills. If you are an adventure lover, you can enjoy various activities in the River Ganga and enjoy the mouth-watering meals that they provide in their buffet meals in their dining camp.
- Facilities: Comfortable beds, dining, common toilets and bathrooms, drinking water
- Cost: Approx. 3000 per person (per night)
- Location: Rishikesh-Devprayag Road
Best Time for Camping in Rishikesh
Rishikesh is a beautiful destination that invites travelers all around the year. However, the best time for camping in Rishikesh is from February to mid-June and from mid-September to mid-December.
During these months, the weather is pleasant and you can enjoy camping to the fullest. Avoid visiting during the rainy season, which is from July to September.
Things to keep in mind during camping in Rishikesh:
- Always follow the instructions and guidelines of your camp instructor.
- Listen to your instructor before you go for any adventure sport.
- While riverside camping in Rishikesh, make sure to maintain a safe distance.
- Check the weather conditions before you plan your camping trip to Rishikesh.
- Lather mosquito repellent during nights to avoid insect biting and infections.
- Wear long clothes to get rid of bugs and insects at night.
- Keep food in open places to avoid attracting wild animals.
Things to pack for camping in Rishikesh:
- Carry an extra pair of clothes with you. Keep full sleeve clothes for nights.
- Bring insect or mosquito repellants.
- It is better to carry raincoats or a small umbrella if it rains they will be helpful.
- Carry sunglasses, body lotions, and moisturizers to get a skip from sunlight and cold breezes.
- Take an extra bag with you to keep all your belongings in it. Waterproof bags are recommended.
- Carry some energy drinks to get an instant boost when you feel low.
- Keep your prescribed medicine (if any) or precautionary medicines for fever, cold, and cough.
- If you have any gear, pack them for adventure activities that you want to enjoy while camping in Rishikesh.
FAQ'S about Camping in Rishikesh
Ans. Yes, camping in Rishikesh is completely safe for girls. Rishikesh is not only a safe place for camping but also is an ideal destination for solo female travelers.
Ans. You can visit Rishikesh for camping in December but as it is a low season, the camps are limited. Moreover, with temperature hovering between 8-10 degrees, it might not be the best time to indulge in adventure activities.
Ans. Camping in Rishikesh is a wonderful experience that also depends upon the type of camp you choose. You can choose between luxury camps and regular camps amongst riverside camps and jungle camps. If you want to spend time listening to the sounds of the waves, choose beach camps and if sounds of the jungle and wilderness are your choice, choose jungle camps. Also, luxury camps are more expensive than standard camps in Rishikesh as they provide top-notch facilities.
Ans. The best camps in Rishikesh are located in Shivpuri, Mohanchatti, Ghattu Ghat, Tapovan (Lakshman Jhula), and Phool Chatti.
Ans. If you are a solo female traveler coming for camping in Rishikesh, here are some useful camping tips for you-
- Keep a thorough knowledge about the activities conducted.
- Carry enough clothes for change in case you are opting for rafting
- Avoid wearing expensive jewelry or accessories.
- Do not roam around alone in the wilderness or the coast of the river.
- Always keep the pepper spray handy in case of any unwanted situations.
Ans. For families planning to visit Rishikesh for camping with kids or elderly people, it is better to know some guidelines to ensure the safety of your kids and elders. Here are some useful tips when camping in Rishikesh with kids or senior citizens -
- Always keep an eye on your children.
- Do not let kids wander in the jungles. They might get lost.
- Make sure children wear proper gear while rafting.
- Take insect repellents with you to avoid any infection.
- In case you are visiting in winters, heavy woolens are a must for kids.
- Elders must have enough clothes as per the season they are visiting.
- Take prescribed medicines (if any) for your elderly.
- If they wear spectacles, make sure to bring their case with you. Rubber frames will be recommended.
- Comfortable footwear is the best for elder people.