Sikkim is enormously growing in reputation for its adventurous mountain biking. The rugged and dramatic terrain of the North eastern stretch of Himalayas offers some of the most thrilling biking trails, making mountain biking in Sikkim, a popular activity. Embark of a ride on your bike soaking up the beauty of the hills, majestic views of snow covered peaks and insight into the Sikkimese culture.
Mountain biking in Sikkim is fairly new. Combine trekking, sightseeing and other adventures. There are numerous exciting thrills of this outdoor fun.
Mountain biking can be enjoyed throughout the year but the popular season is spring and fall, usually in April and May and mid-September to October. Tours and travel operators arrange for mountain biking any time of the year upon request.
Some well-known mountain biking trails are:
- Gangtok- Rumtek- Sang- Sirwani- Temi- Damthang- Rabong- Kewzing- Tashiding- Yusum- Pelling- Dentam- Rinchenpong- Soreng- Sombaria- Jorthang- Namchi- Rangpo.
- Gangtok- Phodong- Rangrang- Dikchu Makha- Sirwani- Temi.
- Gangtok- Rumtek- Sangh- Sirwani- Temi- Namchi- Jorethang- Melli
- Gangtok- Rumtek- Sang- Sirwani- Temi- Namchi- Namthang- Rangpo
Other Mountain biking routes in Sikkim:
- Rangpo- Rhenock- Rongli- Barapathing- Pakyong- Ranipool-Gangtok-Rumtek-Sang- Temi-Ravang-Tashiding-Pelling-Khechopalri Lake-Yuksom-Rabong-Dikchu-Mangan-Lachung-Yumthang and back.