Being located at the height of 4,150 m above sea level, Vasuki Tal Uttarakhand offers incredible views of Chaukhamba Peaks and Mandakini Valley. It is also known as Vasuki Lake, which has a mythology connection. According to Hindu Mythology, Lord Vishnu bathed in this lake on Raksha Bandhan. Vasuki Tal has tremendous cultural and spiritual significance, and mythology books tell you about it. Moreover, this lake also gives an excellent opportunity for trekking tourists. Hence, the Vasuki Tal Trek is popular among thrill seekers. While enjoying trekking, you can admire the surrounding view and get a dose of thrill at its best. In addition, trekking to this lake from Gaurikund is a challenging activity for first-timers. And if this 24 km long trek is a little bit difficult for you, you can reach the first Kedarnath Temple from Gaurikund by taking a pony ride. After that, you can enjoy trekking for 8 km to reach Vasuki Tal.
Highlights of Vasuki Tal Trek
- The Vasuki Tal trek offers cinematic views of the surrounding.
- Kedarnath Temple is a major attraction of the trekking journey.
- You can stop at some place to rest and click pictures of majestic valleys and peaks.
- You can visit some shrines throughout the Vasuki Tal trek and get a spiritual vibe.
Detailed Guide to Vasuki Tal Trek
- You can enjoy your Vasuki Tal trek by first reaching Rishikesh. After that, you will drive towards Guptkashi via Devprayag and Rudraprayag.
- After arriving at Guptkashi, you will check-in your hotel room for an overnight stay.
- From Guptkashi, you will move towards Gaurikund and then head to Kedarnath. Throughout this total journey, you will have to cover 14 km.
- After reaching Kedarnath Temple, attend the Aarti ceremony and stay overnight in a hotel.
- In the morning, you will visit Kedarnath Temple and start your trekking journey for Vasuki Tal, around 8 km.
- After reaching the Vasuki Tal, discover the beautiful view and explore the region.
- Get back to Kedarnath and take a halt. After that, you will drive towards Gaurikund and then Rudraprayag.
- From there, you will return to Haridwar, and your tour of Vasuki Tal ends here.
Travel Tips for Vasuki Tal Trek
- Maintain a slow pace while trekking to Acclimate properly and avoid altitude sickness.
- Pack warm clothing as the weather condition is cool, but remember to wear sunscreen as the climate condition is unpredictable.
- You must carry a first-aid kit and some essential medicines.