Statue of Unity is a testament of Iron Man of India, Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel. The statue is built to commemorate the Sardar Patel and to inspire the citizens of India through his freedom struggle and patriotism. This colossal statue of the former Deputy Prime Minister and Home Minister of India is a tribute to the person who unites the 552 princely states of India to form a single Union of India and this is the reason this statue is named as the Statue of Unity. We have provided a complete travel guide for Statue of Unity tour here. Take a look and collect some knowledge before paying a visit there as you can get all the information about the Statue of Unity.
Statue of Unity in Gujarat is situated in the town of Kevadia and on the bank of the River Narmada. Standing tall at 182 meters, this is the tallest Statue in India as well as the world’s tallest statue. The base of the Statue remains over the most noteworthy flood level recorded over a 100-year time frame, 237.35 m above ocean level. Establishment stone was laid in October 2013 by then Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi, presently Prime Minister. Worked in 33 months by Larsen and Toubro Limited (L&T) utilizing more than 70,000 tons of concrete, 24,000 tons of steel and around 1,700 tons of bronze. The aggregate of 250 specialists and 3,700 laborers were occupied with the development. The absolute task cost INR 2,989 crore (US$ 407 million), for the most part, subsidized by State and Central government through Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel Rashtriya Ekta Trust (SVPRET). And now, L&T is to keep up and handle tasks of the structure for another 25 years.
Chopper ride and Boat Ride on Statue of Unity
If you wish to glare at the mesmerizing beauty of the Statue of Unity from the Chopper or from the Boat then we can provide you this opportunity. You can enjoy the 10-minute helicopter ride and witness the enchanting beauty of the statue from the sky. You can get an opportunity to fly amidst the Satpura and Vindhyan mountain ranges which enhances the beauty of the monument.
Likewise, you can also enjoy the 1-hour boat ride in the Narmada River which can also take you through the Valley of Flowers and Narmada Main Canal. From both these places, you can get the best view of the Statue of Unity.
How to Reach
Around a 100 kilometer from Vadodara city, 200 kilometers from the capital Ahmedabad, and around 420 kilometers from Mumbai, the different approaches to arrive at the site is by driving on State Highway 11 and 63. You will land into the closest town of Kevadia in the Narmada locale, and the statue is just 3.5 kilometers from that point.
Opening and Closing time
The Statue of Unity opens at 8:00 AM and shuts down at 6:00 PM from Tuesday to Sunday. The Laser Light and Sound Show can be seen from 7:30 PM onwards every day, apart from Mondays. The Statue of Unity is shut down on Mondays for maintenance.
Best time to visit
October to March is the best time to visit the Statue of Unity. The climate conditions are impeccable to plan a visit during this time.
Interesting Facts about the Statue of Unity
- Statue's surface (skin) has 553 bronze boards - each board has 10-15 miniaturized scale boards - made at a Chinese foundry, as there was no office accessible in India to make boards of this scale.
- Metal pieces (predominantly agricultural hardware scrap) was gathered from the 100 million farmers in 169,000 villages across all states under the 'Loha Campaign'.
- Situated on the banks of River Narmada on Sadhu Bet - 3.2 km downstream of the Sardar Sarovar Dam. The statue is located amidst the Satpura and Vindhyan Mountain ranges.
- There is additionally huge various media display exhibition, spread crosswise over 4647 sq.mt territories with a robotized slope. A historical center and a remembrance are built at the base displaying antiques and reports from the life of Sardar Patel.
- The Statue has 17 km-long Valley of Flowers having 100 assortments of blooms. Selfie Points in a 5-km range around the Statue is additionally constructed.
Important Tips for Visitors
There are three types of tickets to visit Statue of Unity. A One day ticket which costs INR 120 for adults and INR 60 for children which allows the tour of the monument and the Valley of Flower. In this type, the access to the gallery cannot be granted. While for the gallery tour, the ticket is of INR 350 for adults and INR 2200 for children. The gallery is situated on the top of the statue. The third one of the express entry ticket which costs INR 1000 for kids and adults. This ticket provides the express entry in the gallery and saves you from the rush.
- Nourishment things are never again permitted past the passage point. They don't generally check, yet they can. So it's proposed to have a decent supper before visiting. There are a nourishment court and other cheap food choices accessible at the landmark, however, they have blended surveys. Water bottles are accessible for purchase at the different areas inside the landmark.
- Take an attempt at visiting among Tuesdays and Fridays, and maintain a strategic distance from the ends of the week. Likewise, while official timings state the landmark shuts down at 6 pm, it most likely relates more to the section of new individuals inside the landmark. One can without much of a stretch leave the landmark premises at their comfort, especially as the laser give itself begins close to nightfall.
- In case you're driving your vehicle to the Sardar Patel's Statue, you might have the option to make self-drive access inside the Sardar Sarovar Dam site region. This is accessible by enlisting your vehicle for a little expense at the Sardar Sarovar Narmada Nigam office situated in Gandhinagar. We've anyway not by and by attempted this office yet.