The highest peak in the Wayanad region of Kerala, Chembra Peak, stands at an altitude of 2100 meters above sea level. The hill is close to the town of Meppadi, which makes the mountain easily accessible on foot. Nestled amidst the beautiful Wayanad hills and the adjoining Nilgiri hills, the trek to the peak is a rejuvenating affair.
Right on top is a heart-shaped lake, one of the region's major tourist attractions. The belief that the lake has never dried up adds to its fascination. One can easily arrange a day or a two-day wildlife trek in the vicinity of Chembra after taking permission from the forest department. The place is ideal for nature lovers, adventure seekers, and photo fanatics.
- Nearest railway station: Kozhikode (79 km)
- Nearest airport: Calicut International airport (92 km)
- Timings: All days of the week (7:00 am to 5:00 pm). Trekking can only be done till 2 pm.
- Visit Duration: 3 to 4 hours
- Entry fee: Rs 750 for Indians (up to 10 persons), Rs 1500 for foreigners (up to 5 persons)
- Best time to visit: All months except monsoons
If you are planning to explore Chembra Peak, then you must check out our Wayanad tour packages.