The northeastern part of India is flourished with natural wonders and amazing wildlife. Exploring Green mountain, blue sky, dramatic waterfalls and amazing wildlife is a part of the northeast tour. This 8-days Arunachal Monastic Tour will take you to some of the charming places like Guwahati, Tawang, Kaziranga National Park and more. Apart from enjoying the beautiful scenery, you will visit the magical monastery and Gompa in Tawang and Bomdila in Arunachal Pradesh. Also, encounter wildlife at Kaziranga National Park on the back of an elephant. So, pack your bags and join this tour to explore the beauty of the northeast.
Note: This is just a suggested itinerary indicative of what could be possible. We tailor holidays for your specific needs. Contact us if you want modifications so that we could tailor a holiday to suit your need for an unforgettable India tour.
- Visit Tipi Orchid Center in Dirang
- Witness tribal life at MonpaVillage
- Explore Tawang Monastery, an ancient Buddhist monastery
- Visit Rabggaling Gontse Gompa, Bomdila
- Visit the Kamakhya Temple in Guwahati
- Visit the Mahabhairab Temple, Agnigarh & local market in Tezpur
- Visit Urgelling Monastery at Tawang
On your arrival at the Guwahati airport or Railway station, our tour representative will meet you and help you to continue your journey to Bhalukpong located 240 km away from Guwahati. On reaching Bhalukpong, check-in at the hotel, have your lunch and take rest. In the evening head out for exploring the local sites. Nestled along the Khemang River, Bhalukpong is a small town in Arunachal Pradesh on the southern edge of the Himalayas. If you are a nature lover, colorful birds, a variety of flowers and brooks and the gushing sound of the river Khemang will mesmerize you. You can also visit the Bhalukpong Fort which was built during the 10th-century and a symbol of the ancient glory of the place.
Return to your hotel for an overnight stay.
Today after breakfast, you will enjoy a scenic drive to Dirang. En-route visit the beautiful Tipi Orchid Center spreading over 112.8 acres of land and researching on rare orchids. On reaching Dirang, check-in at the hotel and head out to visit the Dirang Dzong and a Monpa Village. Dirang Dzong is a historical fort located at the top of a hill. The fort displays a unique tribal style of architecture and was used as a shelter during the World War. Also, visit the nearby Monpa Village. Monpas is a major tribal group in Arunachal Pradesh. You can experience their colorful culture and dance, also explore the way of constructing houses with bamboo and mud that save them from chilled weather.
Return to your hotel and enjoy an overnight stay at Dirang.
Today after breakfast you will head to Tawang, en route you will visit Sela Pass and Sela Lake situated at an altitude of 13476 ft. Here, you can enjoy a breathtaking Himalayan vista along with one of the most beautiful lakes in India. Also, visit Jaswant Garh, a site to remember the martyrs of the 1962 Indo-China War and the Nunarang Fall, one of the most dramatic waterfalls in India. Once you reach Tawang, check-in at your hotel. The evening is at your leisure.
Enjoy overnight stay at Tawang.
Today after breakfast head out to visit Tawang Monastery. This famous monastery also known as Gaden Namgyal Lhatse in Tibetan was built during 1680-81 by Merak Lama Lodre Gyatso. The monastery stands on the spur of a hill, about 10,000 feet above sea level and has ravines in the south and west, narrow ridge on the north and gradual slope on the east. It offers a commanding and picturesque view of the Tawang-chu Valley. From a distance, it appears like a fort guarding the vast valley below. Tawang Monastery is one of the largest monasteries in Asia. Though it has the capacity for housing about seven hundred monks, the actual number of resident lamas (monks) at present is a little more than 450. This monastery is the fountain-head of the spiritual life of the people of this region. Also visit Urgelling Monastery - the birthplace of Sixth Dalai Lama & Ani Gompa which is run by the female monks. After a late lunch and refreshment visit to the Tawang War Memorial. The evening at leisure.
Enjoy overnight stay in Tawang.
Today after breakfast, you will drive to Bomdila. En-route visit Nag Temple & Gontse Garden Rabgye Ling Monastery. On arrival, check-in at the hotel. If time permits visit the popular Craft Center at Bomdila. The Craft Center at Bomdila is run by the female traders. Here you can buy wooden and bamboo products and colorful clothes made by the people of nearby villages. Also, visit the museum to get the essence of the culture and lifestyle of the local people.
Return to the hotel and enjoy overnight stay at Bomdila.
After breakfast, check out from the hotel & drive to Tezpur. On arrival check-in at the hotel. After freshen up visit Mahabhairab Temple, Agnigarh & local market. The rest of the day is free at your leisure.
Enjoy overnight stay at Hotel
After breakfast drive to Guwahati. On arrival check-in at the hotel. After freshen up, visit Kamakhya Temple and after that enjoy a river cruise on the mighty Brahmaputra. The river Brahmaputra has gifted the city some unmatched attractions. You can take a tour of the Umananda Temple. This Shiva temple is located on an Island named Umananda in the middle of the Brahmaputra. There are a number of motorboats available to reach Umananda. Another breathtaking spot is Basistha Ashram. By visiting the place you will feel like you have reached the Ashram or house of a monk of the Vedic era. Amidst the absolute serenity, the only sound heard is the chirping of birds and the sound of water streaming through the rocks. You can also visit the museum. If you want to meet the one-horned rhino visit the zoo. The name Fancy Market denotes the kind of product available there. You can visit this popular market to buy some fancy products.
Return to the hotel for an overnight stay.
Post breakfast, check-out from the hotel and get transferred to the airport to board the flight for your onward journey.
Price per person including taxes
@ INR 36,000 x 02 Guests = INR 72,000/-
Price per person including taxes
@ INR 25,000 x 04 Guests = INR 1,00,000/-
Price per person including taxes
@ INR 21,000 x 06 Guests = INR 1,26,000/-
Standard Hotels to be used/ Similar
|Days||Schedule||Hotel||Room Category||Meals Plan|
|1||Guwahati - Bhalukpong||Prashanti Cottage||AC Cottage||N/A|
|2||Bhalukpong - Dirang||Norphel||Deluxe||Breakfast|
|3||Dirang - Tawang||YangZom||Deluxe||Breakfast|
|5||Tawang - Bomdila||Tsepal||Deluxe||Breakfast|
|6||Bomdila - Tezpur||K R C Palace||Deluxe||Breakfast|
|7||Tezpur - Guwahati||Mayflower||Irish||Breakfast|
- Accommodation using Base category Double Room.
- Breakfast at hotel.
- All transfer and sightseeing by Non AC Innova/ Xylo with all India Tourist permit.
- All currently applicable taxes, however, any other tax as and when levied by the Government shall be extra.
- Inner Line Permit charges.
- Any meal unless specified above.
- Any Air Fare/ Train Ticket.
- All entrances fees to monuments.
- Any Riding.
- Personal nature expenses like telephone / laundry bills etc.
- Airports tax and travel insurance etc.
- Services not specified above.
Special Note :
1. All taxes, entrance fees, airfare, Hotel / Transport rates are as on date. Any future hike will be charged extra.
2. The above rates are valid for the above mentioned dates.
3. The above is only an offer and we are not holding any booking at this stage, booking would be subject to availability once confirmed by you along with guest details & guarantee to book.
4. All hotels in Arunachal Pradesh are non-star category.
5. Guests with adventurous mind should travel Arunachal Pradesh.
6. Room heaters may not work in Arunachal Pradesh due to voltage fluctuations.
7. In this region there are no relevance between the distance and time travelling as it depends upon the conditions of roads and congestion of traffic.
8. Mobile services may not be active in all destinations. Pre-paid roaming and International roaming connection does not work in this region.
9. Credit Cards / Traveller’s cheque are not freely accepted.
10. Every effort will be made to maintain the itinerary, in view of local strikes, landslide etc., which are beyond our control all schedule and itineraries are subject to last moment changes and any additional cost, will be borne by the guests directly.
11. Tours to Arunachal Pradesh are not recommended for guests who have Heart /Asthma and Knee stress/ problem.
12. Woolen clothes, jacket is advisable to carry.
13. For comfortable journey we advise carry limited luggage.
Note: Rates are valid till March 31, 2020 (apart from long weekends festive period of christmas and New year)
Note: All Indian Nationals require Inner Line Permit to visit Mizoram, Nagaland, Arunachal Pradesh. To procure ILP permit we require Address Proof, Identity proof issued by Govt. of India (Not accepted doc is PAN card), child birth certificate or School Identity card and 03 copies of Passport size photographs of every person. It takes 03-04 official days to process the permit; All photocopy documents need to self attested.
1. Identity Proof : It is Mandatory for all guests to provide Photo ID at the time of booking confirmation.
2. Terms & conditions : For terms & conditions click: www.indianholiday.com/terms-and-conditions.html
3. Jurisdiction Clause : All the disputes arising out of this agreement or any other subsequent agreement would be subject to Delhi Courts only.
- 8 Days / 7 Night
- Guwahati – Bhalukpong - Dir...