Jewels of South India, a tour package of 14 nights and 15 days, offers you a chance to visit some of the most well-known destinations of southern region of India such as Chennai, Mahabalipuram, Ooty, Trichy, Kochi, Madurai as well as Bangalore. During the tour, you also explore the wildlife of this region at Periyar and Bandipur. One of the major highlights of the tour is a visit to Kanchipuram, a city with some of the most beautiful temples of South India.
Jewels of South India Tour
Chennai - Mahabalipuram - Kanchipuram - Trichy - Madurai - Periyar - Cochin - Ooty - Bandipur - Bangalore - Chennai
- Halt at Kanchipuram to visit Kamakshi Amman Temple, en-route Mahabalipuram
- Explore the popular temples of Mahabalipuram including Shore temple
- Visit Sri Ranganathaswamy Temple for Darshan at Trichy
- Visit the well-known Meenakshi Amman temple at Madurai
- Wildlife viewing at the Periyar Wildlife Sanctuary
- Visit popular tourist attractions of Cochin including Santa Cruz Basilica
- Take a stroll around the tea estates of Ooty
- Jungle activities at Bandipur National Park
- Sightseeing in Bangalore including Lal Bagh
After arrival in Chennai, get an assisted transfer to your pre-booked hotel. The rest of the day is at leisure to indulge in the activities of your interest- you can interact with the locals, taste the local delicacies and explore the surroundings on foot. Stay overnight.
Today, get transported by road to Mahabalipuram, also known as Mamallapuram. En-route stop at Kanchipuram, a small town that houses some of the most beautiful temples of the southern region of India, the most famous one being Kamakshi Amman Temple. Later, proceed to Mahabalipuram. On arrival, indulge in sightseeing. Visit Mahabalipuram’s famous temples that may include Shore temple, Pancha Rathas, Varaha cave temple etc. Later in the day, get transferred to the railway station to board an overnight train to Trichy.
Once you reach Trichy, get an assisted transfer to your pre-booked hotel. Take a tour of the city in the afternoon, post lunch. Visit the popular attractions such as Sri Ranganathaswamy Temple, Rock Fort Temple, St John's Church, Jambukeshwara Temple etc. stay overnight in the hotel.
On day 4, post breakfast, hit the road to Madurai. Once you reach, complete the check-in formalities at your hotel. Spend the day at leisure. Indulge in the activities of your interest such as interacting with the locals, relishing the local delicacies, exploring the surroundings on foot. Stay overnight.
Day 5, after breakfast is for a tour of the city. Pay a visit to the well-known temples that may include Meenakshi Amman temple, Koodal Azhagar temple, Vandiyur Mariamman Teppakulam etc. Also explore the other well-known tourist attractions like Gandhi Memorial Museum, Thirumalai Nayakkar Mahal etc. Overnight in Madurai.
In the morning, after breakfast, get transported by road to Periyar Wildlife Sanctuary, also known as Thekkady. Sprawled in an area of 925 sq kms, this sanctuary is home to a variety of wildlife species. On arrival, check-in your jungle resort. Spend the day at leisure- enjoy a nature walk, admire the surrounding lush greenery, enjoy a boat ride in the Periyar Lake etc. Stay overnight in the resort.
All of day 7 is for a wildlife safari into the park. During the safari, you can spot several animal and bird species such as tigers, elephants, barking deer, mouse deer, Dholes, mongoose, foxes, Bonnet Macaque, leopards, the rare lion-tailed macaque, darters, cormorants, kingfishers, the great Malabar Pied Hornbill etc. Overnight in Periyar.
After breakfast, begin driving to Cochin. On arrival, check-in your pre-booked hotel. The afternoon is scheduled for a city tour that may include attractions like Mattancherry Palace, Santa Cruz Basilica, St. Francis Church, Paradesi Synagogue etc. Stay overnight.
Today, after breakfast, begin driving to Ooty, popular as ‘Queen of Hill Stations’. On arrival, get transferred to your hotel. The rest of the day is free for leisure activities- interact with the locals, take a stroll around the tea gardens, treat your eyes to the surrounding scenic beauty, shop for souvenirs at the local market etc. Stay overnight.
Day 10 is for exploring the attractions of this well-known hill town of South India. Visit the Ooty Lake, Botanical Garden, Dodabetta Peak, Tea Gardens, Lamb’s Rock, Sim’s Park, Dolphin’s Nose etc. Admire the surrounding lush greenery and snow-covered mountain peaks. Stay overnight.
Post breakfast on day 11, begin driving to Bandipur National Park, well-known for a high population of the big cats. Once you reach, complete the check-in formalities at your jungle lodge. The afternoon is free, take some rest. In the evening, participate in jungle activities- tiger tracking, bird watching, trekking or a nature walk. Stay overnight.
The 12th day is scheduled for 2 wildlife safaris into the park. During the safari, you can spot animal species like chital, gray langurs, Indian giant squirrels, elephants, Spectacled cobra, Indian rock python, vipers, rat snake and around 200 species of birds including honey buzzards, red-headed vultures, Indian vultures, flowerpeckers, hoopoes, Indian rollers. Stay overnight.
Have breakfast and leave for Bangalore by road. On reaching, complete the check-in formalities at your hotel. The afternoon is for sightseeing that may include Lal Bagh, Bangalore Palace, ISKCON temple, Vidhana Soudha and other attractions. Stay overnight in Bangalore.
Get on-time transfer to the airport to board a flight to Chennai. On arrival, get transferred to your pre-booked hotel. Spend the day at leisure in doing the activities of your interest- interact with the locals, visit the famous tourist attractions, taste the local delicacies etc. after dinner, get transferred to the airport.
Get an assisted transfer to the airport to board a flight to your onward journey.
Our Price Per Person
|Adults||3* Hotel||4* Hotel||5* Hotel|
|2 Adults||USD 1086||USD 1230||USD 1598|
|4 Adults||USD 961||USD 1105||USD 1473|
FLIGHT FARE SUPPLEMENT -
For Bangalore / Chennai @ USD 100 per person in economy class.
***the above given fare are current special fares available as of now; subject to change at the time of issuance.
Hotels to be Used/ Similar
|City||Nights||3* Hotel||4* Hotel||5* Hotel|
|Chennai||01||Crescent Inn||Benzz Park||Hotel Crowne Plaza|
|Trichy||01||Grand Gardenia||Hotel Sangam||Hotel Sangam|
|Madurai||02||Hotel Supreme||Hotel Germanus||Heritage Madurai|
|Thekkady||02||Hotel Silver Crest||PepperVine Hotel||Elephant Court|
|Cochin||01||Hotel Sea Lord||Hotel Radisson||Holiday Inn|
|Ooty||02||Hotel Lake View||Sterling Fern Hill||Fortune Sullivan Court|
|Bandipur||02||Windflower Resort||Winflower Resort||The Serai|
|Bangalore||01||Hotel Pai Comfort||The Chancery||The Lalit|
|Chennai||01||Crescent Inn||Benzz Park||Crowne Plaza|
- Accommodation in hotels mentioned above or similar on Bed and Breakfast basis except in Bandipur which is on full board basis.
- Airport transfers with staff assistance.
- Air-conditioned transport (private).
- Services of Local English-Speaking Guide during sightseeing only.
- Boat safari on Lake Periyar in Periyar.
- Kathakali Dance performance in Cochin.
- All currently applicable taxes (5% GST as of now)
- Travel Insurance.
- Any airfare (Given Separately)
- All entrance fees to the monuments.
- Expenses of personal nature such as drinks, telephone, laundry bills etc.
- Tips and porter charges.
- Any additional expenses incurred due to any flight delay or cancellation, weather conditions, political closures, technical faults etc.
- Any other service/s not specified above.
- All taxes, entrance fees, airfare, Hotel and Transport rates etc. are as on date. Any future hike will be charged extra.
- The above rates are valid from October 01st 2020 to March 31st 2021 except December 20th 2020 to January 10th 2021.
- Normal hotel check in /Check out time 1400 / 1200hrs
- Our drivers are responsible for safe driving with proper knowledge of route / itinerary. However, he would not be able to explain any sightseeing spots /History of monuments etc. and for same you may take proper Guide services from us on additional cost basis.
- The above is only an offer and we are not holding any booking at this stage, booking would be subject to availability once confirmed by you along with guest details & guarantee to book.
- Terms & conditions, please click: www.tourism-of-india.com/terms-and-conditions.html
- All rates are subject to a revision if there is a fluctuation in the currency rates.
- It is Mandatory for all guests to provide Photo ID at the time of booking confirmation & also need to carry original documents while traveling.
- For Non Resident Indians clients (NRI client) – copy of passport.
- For Overseas Indian clients holding OCI / PIO card – copy of passport and copy of OCI/PIO card is mandatory.
- For domestic clients – copy of Driving License / Voter ID Card / passport is mandatory.
- All the disputes arising out of this agreement or any other subsequent agreement would be subject to Delhi Courts only.
PS. The above-mentioned cost is Valid till 31 March 2021 EXCEPT 20 Dec 2020 to 10 Jan 2021.
Temperature checking and regular screening is carried out for Hotel Staff, Guests, Drivers, and Guides.
- 15 Days / 14 Night
- Chennai - Mahabalipuram - Kan...