Departure Date - (03rd Sep 2019 to 10th Sep 2019)
Just when your mind zones out and longs for a thrilling vacation, the barren land of Ladakh seems like the right destination. Talking about the adventures that this place has to offer, the Ladakh Marathon is one of the best indeed. Our 8 days and 7 Nights itinerary bring together the chance to be a part of the 8th edition of the Ladakh Marathon this 2019. The event which takes place at a height of 11,500 to 17,618 ft. is the best way to quench your thirst for adventures. So if you are one of those who love the adrenaline rush, then take a look at what we and Ladakh have in store for you.
- Duration : 07 nights / 08 Days
- Room on twin sharing basis
- Transport services for sightseeing and transfer
- Meal : Breakfast | Dinners | brunch | tea snack
- CATEGORY : 3*** HOTEL
- Sightseeing tour to Leh Palace, Magnetic Hill, and Shanti Stupa
- Fun filled stroll to the local market of Leh
- Cross one of the highest passes in the world, Khardung la
- Take blessings at the Buddhist monasteries
- Joy of camping on the bank of Pangong Tso
- Bow down head at the Thiksey and Hemis Monasteries.
Upon your arrival in Leh, our representative will assist you to the hotel. After completing the check-in formalities, guests have rest of the day to enjoy at their end. One thing that is supposed to be kept in mind is that Leh sits at an altitude of 11,500 ft. and hence you need to accustom yourself to the elevation and scant oxygen level. Besides, it is advised to take proper rest and increase liquid intake.
In the evening, it is time to start exploring tourist attractions of Leh namely Leh Palace, Shanti Stupa and the Leh Local market. After the tour, head back to the hotel for night stay.
Begin the day at ease and enjoy a delicious breakfast at the hotel. No sightseeing tours are scheduled for this day so that you can practice for the marathon. As the evening comes, you can choose to go out for a tour to the city.
Night stay at the hotel.
Start the day by filling your stomach with a delicious breakfast at the hotel. After that, you can start practicing for the marathon. If you wish, you can move out in the evening and take a trip around the city. Overnight stay at the hotel.
Day 4 brings with it the excitement of the even you have made your way to Leh, Ladakh Marathon. One of the best parts of this marathon, is the Khardung La Challenge, highest Ultra Marathon in the World. Adventure lovers are pulled in to the city for this challenging marathon during this time.
After the event, head back to the hotel for night stay.
Day 5 is packed with amazing adventures which you can begin after relishing the breakfast. After getting geared up, leave for Nubra Valley touching down Khardungla Pass. As soon as you reach the valley, you can set up your camps at the allotted place. This is followed by a visit to Hunder village which is known for its quaint setting. To experience something crazy, take a ride on a double-humped camel and get close the picturesque sand dunes.
That's not all, as a tour to Hunder and Diskit is also planned for the day. Revel in the rustic beauty of the area and pay a visit to the monasteries and hot springs around. While here, you also get a taste of the lifestyle of Ladakh. Night stay at the campsite.
For this day, you will be heading out to enjoy the mesmerizing sight of the Pangong Lake through Shayok. Once you reach your destination, you won't be able to take your eyes from the glistening lake.
After spending some time, you have to decide where you wish to stay for the night. Either you can unwind at a guest house/hotel in Tangste, 30 km away or at a campsite close to the lake at Spangmik.
Start your day 7 with a filling breakfast at the hotel. After that, you have to check out and hop in the car for the trip back through Chang La, counted as one of the world's highest mountain passes. As soon as you reach Karu, you will be driving along the charming Indus River. On your way, a quick stopover at Hemis and Thiksey monasteries is planned. After spending some time rejuvenating yourself, resume the road trip to Leh.
Night stay at a hotel in Leh.
It's time to collect all your beautiful memories and pack your bags to depart from Leh. You will be escorted to the airport for your journey onwards.
- Twin sharing accommodation (01 Double Room) at all places in Hotels / Camps as applicable to the itinerary.
- Breakfast & Dinner.
- Welcome drink on arrival with cookies and biscuits.
- Airport transfer in Leh.
- Exclusive sightseeing & excursions by one non ac Tempo Traveller the same car shall do the complete itinerary.
- Wildlife fee for Lake, Pangong Lake and areas which are protected wildlife sanctuaries in Ladakh.
- Inner line permit for restricted areas of Pangong areas (Guest are required to bring one a photocopy of their photo identity proof along with them).
- Ladakh Autonomous Hill Development Council (LAHDC) Leh Environment fee (Students should bring their school ID).
- All applicable taxes.
- Tour guide.
- Monastery entrances fee and Marathon Entry Tickets.
- Marathon Registration Fees.
- Camel riding fee.
- Extra meals / room services / bottled beverages consumed at the hotel.
- Additional costs for Hotel accommodation, transport services due to flight cancellation, road blocks etc.
- Porterage & tips at the airport, Hotel/Camp staff & drivers.
- Medical & Travel insurance.
NOTE: We offer below services to our members:
- Energy drink each participates daily
- Registration process
- Oxygen backup
- Doctor on call
- Dedicate team
Package with fixed departure dates - (03rd Sep 2019 - 10th Sep 2019) are valid.
- 8 Days / 7 Night