Gems of India is one of the 5 journeys of Maharajas’ Express, a luxury train of India. This tour package of 3 nights and 4 days offers you a chance to pay a visit to the well-known destinations of India-Agra and Jaipur. Enjoy sightseeing of the major tourist attractions. The itinerary also includes game viewing at Ranthambore National Park. A major highlight of the tour is meals at palace hotels at various destinations.
- Traditional Indian welcome at Safdurjung Railway station
- Early morning visit to the Taj Mahal in Agra
- A sumptuous brunch with Champagne on the terrace of Taj Khema in Agra
- Jeep safari inside Ranthambore National Park
- An Exhibition Elephant Polo Match in Jaipur
- Elephant ride at Amer Fort in Jaipur
- A royal farewell dinner in a popular palace hotel in Jaipur
Assemble at the Safdarjung Railway Station to begin Gems of India tour aboard Maharajas’ Express. Enjoy a traditional welcome ceremony with garland, Tikka and traditional Turban. After registration formalities, settle into your cabins. Relish a welcome drink and a sumptuous lunch. The train departs for Agra.
On day 2 of the train journey, leave the train for a visit to the Taj Mahal, one of the Seven Wonders of Agra, a white-marble mausoleum erected by Mughal emperor Shah Jahan in the memory of his beloved wife Mumtaz Mahal. Later, enjoy a sumptuous brunch with Champagne on the terrace of Taj Khema from where you also get a mesmerizing view of Taj.
Back on the Maharajas Express for lunch followed by a visit to the Agra Fort- a magnificent Mughal architecture. Post this visit, you have options of activities to choose from- continue with sightseeing including Fatehpur Sikri and Itmad-ud-daulah’s tomb or visit the local bazaar to shop for souvenirs or visit a spa to rejuvenate your tired self.
Back on-board the train for dinner and an overnight stay. Departure for the next destination, Ranthambore (Sawai Madhopur).
Post breakfast on day 3, proceed to Ranthambore National Park, one of the most well-known and largest wildlife reserves of North India, which is quite popular for its high tiger population. Embark on a jeep safari inside the park. Back to the train. Have lunch and leave for Jaipur. On arrival, leave the train for a city tour including Amer Fort, where you can enjoy a ride on an elephant’s back. This is followed by an Exhibition Elephant Polo Match. Later, relish a royal feast at a special venue. Back to the train for an overnight stay.
Arrival in Delhi. Post breakfast, disembark the train followed by the farewell formalities.
Maharajas Express tariff for the Gems of India tour has been given below for your kind perusal along with the booking and cancellation policy to help you plan your journey.
Tariff for the season 2019 - 20 :
|Cabin||Adult (Twin Sharing)||Single Supplement|
|Deluxe Cabin||USD 3850||USD 2910|
|Junior Suite||USD 4950||USD 4460|
|Suite Double||USD 7600||USD 7600|
|Presidential Suite||USD 12900||USD 12900|
The tariff of the Maharajas’ Express includes accommodation, meals, beverages (light drinks, tea, coffee, and mineral water), Indian wines (in house brands), butler service, and porter-age at stations, guided tours and entrance fees at monuments. The tariff however does not include taxes, insurances, alcoholic beverages, telephone calls, laundry, and fees of video and professional cameras.
*The above cost is a per person per Journey Cost.
*Validity October 2019 - April 2020
The above cost does not include 5% GST and is charged extra.
*Prices are subject to change incase of any amendment in the routing or any other hikes such as fuel, taxes etc.
*Children below 5 years of age can travel for free.
Booking policy followed by the Maharajas Express is as follows:
- If booking is done prior to 90 days of departure or more, then 25% of the total tariff is to be paid at the time of booking
- If booking is done less than 59 days of departure or less, then full 100% of the total tariff is to be paid at the time of booking
The cancellation policy that is followed by the train is as:
- If cancelled 90 days or more prior to departure date, then 25% of the published tour cost is deducted
- If cancelled 89-60 days prior to departure date, then 50% of the published tour cost is deducted
- If cancelled 59-0 days prior to departure date, then 100% of the published tour cost is deducted
- If you fail to show up on the departure date, then 100% of the published tour cost is deducted
- 4 Days / 3 Night
- Delhi - Agra – Ranthambore ...