The award winning Carnoustie Ayurveda Wellness & Resort is beautifully set on the Marari Beach, close to the popular Alappuzha Backwaters (20 km). The beach resort comprises of 40 luxury villas, Two Backwater Suite, a traditional Ayurveda Spa, a Sailing Club and One Bedroom Suite House Boat. The Villas are also praised for being eco-friendly. These are designed to cut-down the consumption of water and energy, and reduce the use of exhaustible resources. The resort is also designed with materials such as recycled cardboard, bamboo, and jute in place of reprocessed plastic, wood and scrap wood. The guests can also opt for backwater or lake tour to witness the unspoilt beauty of the lovely paddy fields of Alapphuza. Additionally, there also are various other activities that the guests can enjoy, such as early-morning yoga sessions, relax at the spa, unwind at the beach, enjoy performances by local traditional dancers and Kerala’s range of percussion music, cycle around villages, try their hand at night fishing, sail the backwaters, learn a bit of archery, and lot more.
Carnoustie Ayurveda Wellness & Resort
Languages : Malayalam, English
Best Season : September - March
Weather : Summer 20 °C to 36 °C, Winter 16 °C to 32°C
How to Reach
By Road: Mararikulam is well-connected with major cities and towns nearby through road. There are private cabs and taxis available on hire. Additionally, there are buses that have frequent service on the route.
By Air: Cochin International Airport and Trivandrum International Airport are the nearest airports to reach Alapphuza (Alleppey). At the airport, there are cabs and taxis available to reach Alleppey from Trivandrum (151 km) and Cochin (75 km). Thereafter, there also is proper conveyance to reach the resort in Mararikulam from Alleppey.
By Train: Alleppey Railway Station is the nearest railway station from the resort. The extensive railway network that connects Alleppey from every part of India. There are various trains running daily from different parts of India to reaching Alleppey. Thereafter, there are cabs and taxis available on hire to reach the resort from the railway station.
Aryavaidyasala, the ayurveda and spa center at the Carnoustie Beach Resort is designed to nature with all-encompassing experience. The treatments and therapies are praised for recreating the balance in body during the time of change, stress and pressure. The Signature Experiences are offered with the mix of modern-day research and ancient therapeutic rituals. The expert therapists are appointed to guide you on a rejuvenating and luxurious journey of wellness. The location of the treatment villas, surrounded by tranquil waters, is praised by guests as it offers a perfect space for individualized, holistic wellness journey.
There are experts appointed to offer signature treatments combining the best of the ancient and modern therapies. Some of the therapies offered are as under:
(a) Snehana Therapies (Massages)
- Abhyangam (full body treatment, back & neck, head & shoulder, leg treatment, face massage)
- Abhyanga Swedam
- Dhara (60 min)
In Naturopathy, the treatments are based on the 5 principles - Panchamahabhuthas, involving elements namely water, earth, air, space and light. The therapies are mainly to regain the vitality.
- Plantain Leaf Therapy
- Medicated Steam Bath
- Mud Therapy
- Abdominal/Eye Pack
- Localized Wraps
- Naturopathy Diet
Yoga, the ancient system of living, is the amalgamation of the individual soul to the universal soul (Atma with Parmatma). The sessions target on all aspects of one psychological, physical and spiritual levels. The sessions also focus of 5 ‘R’s - Replenish, Reinforce, Revitalize, Refine, and Renew.
The treatment center also has a section for spa therapies. There are experts appointed to offer professional massages and treatments. Thus, the list of treatments and therapies offered for a rejuvenating and holistic experiences are as mentioned below:
- Swedish Massage
- Aroma Therapy Massage
- Post Workout Massage/Deep Tissue Massage
- Thai Massage
- Foot Reflexology
- Back and Neck Massage
- Head and Shoulder Massage
- Body Scrubs (Marine Prelude, Rebalancing Back Treatment, Herbal Body Scrub)
- Body Wraps (Aromaceane Treatment, revitalizing Mud Mask)
- Baths (Jacuzzi rich with herbal extracts, ingredients and aromatic oils)
The Villas in Carnoustie Beach Resort are designed with the perfect mix of traditional and modern Kerala architectural style. The villas are well-appointed with modern amenities and designed aseptically, winning the hearts of the guests and assuring high level of comfort. Further, to meet the specific requirements of the guests, the villas are categorized as:
- Akund Deluxe Villa- Spread over an area of 102 sq m, the villas are eco-friendly and aesthetically designed with walk-in dresser, private outside deck with lily pool, and rain shower in the middle of beautifully landscaped gardens.
- Mallika Pool Villa- These eco-friendly villas feature own private pool, ensuring exclusivity deserved by the guests. The villas are also equipped with all modern day amenities and services to ensure a memorable stay for the guests. Built over an area of 98 sq m, the villa features private pool with wooden deck, rain shower & walk in dressers and Bose music system.
- Zukra Pool Villa-Beautifully built over an area of 112 sq m, the villas are set beautifully amidst the lush greenery. These villas are considered ideal for guests to unwind and relax in these eco-friendly villas. Walk-in dressers and rain showers are also the major highlights of this villa type.
- Semantha Pool Villa- These villas, each with an area of 164 sq m, is designed with luxuries to add to the level of comfort for the guests. These villas also feature walk-in dressers and rain showers. Additionally, Bose music system and private pool with deck area is also available as features of the villa.
- Punag Pool Villa- The guests would find Opulence redefined in these villas. There is a perfect mix of elegance, technology and style. The villa is spread over an area of 236 sq m, equipped with facilities such as private pool with deck area, Jacuzzi, walk-in dressers, rain showers and Bose music system.
The beach resort is praised for its on-site multi-cuisine restaurant. The chef specializes in serving best of the international culinary delights to tantalize the tastebuds of the guests. Apart from the regular menu, there also is a special menu for guests opting for spa and ayurveda sessions & treatments. The dining options at Carnoustie Beach Resort include:
- IDA (Multi-Cuisine Restaurant)
- Chimaera (Seafood Speciality)
- Mineral Water in Room
- Buffet Breakfast
- Lounge Bed with umbrellas on the beach
- LED TV with regional and International Channels
- Kerala Culinary Lessons
- Indoor Games
- Escorted Village walk
- Currency Exchange
- Concierge Service
- Traditional Cultural Programme (on Special Days)
- Bose music system with IPod docket
- Ironing Service
- Indoor Swimming Pool
- Local Temple & Church visit
- Outdoor Swimming Pool (Seasonal)
- Putting Green and Golf cage
- Ticket Service and Travel Desk
- Selection of DVD Movies
- Babysitting/Child Services