South India Temple Tour( 6 Days / 5 Nights )
Visit South India to explore its extremely beautiful ancient temples in Kancheepuram, Mahabalipuram and Tanjore.
- Kapaleeswar Temple
- Ekambareshwarar Temple
- Aurbindo Ashram
- Vijayanagar Fort
- Tiger Caves
The South India Temple Tour takes you on a visit to sacred temples and religious shrines across the cities of south India. The tour creates the perfect environment to help you discover your spiritual side. South India temples are rich sources of religious teachings and cultural shenanigans. The tour covers all the magnificent south Indian temples.
Chennai - Kanchipuram - Mahabalipuram - Pondicherry - Sawamimalai - Tanjore
- Visit themajor tourist attractions of Chennai including the Fort St. George, St. Thomas Mount, San Thome Cathedral, Kapaleeswar Temple and the National Art Gallery
- Excursion toMarina beach
- Guided tour tothe major Kanchipuram tourist attractions include visits to the Kailasanthar Temple, Ekambareshwarar Temple, The Vardarajanperumal Temple and the Sakkiswarar Temple.
- visit the major tourist attractions like the Shore and the Five Ratha temples, Arjuna’s Penance and the Tiger caves in Mahabalipuram
- Explore the Aurbindo Ashram and Auroville, at Pondicherry
- Guided city tour of Tanjore including major tourist destinations like the Vijayanagar Fort, Shiva Ganga Garden, Brahadeshwara temple and the Chandra Bagawan Temple.
- Pilgrimage Tour Packages in India
- Special Interest Tour Packages in India
- Heritage & Cultural Tour Packages in India
- Architecture Tour Packages India
- Temple Tour Packages in India
Day 1 : Chennai
On arrival at Chennai airport, meet our representative who’ll guide you to one of our listed hotels. Check-in at the hotel. After resting for a while, embark on a sightseeing tour of Chennai. The major tourist attractions in Chennai include the Fort St. George, St. Thomas Mount, San Thome Cathedral, Kapaleeswar Temple and the National Art Gallery. In the evening visit the beautiful Marina. Don’t try swimming at Marina beach since there are strong currents present along the shoreline and no rescue equipments and lifeguards are available at this beach. Overnight stay at the hotel.
Day 2 : Chennai - Kanchipuram - Mahabalipuram
In the morning leave for Mahabalipuram via. Kanchipuram. The major Kanchipuram tourist attractions include visits to the Kailasanthar Temple, Ekambareshwarar Temple, The Vardarajanperumal Temple and the Sakkiswarar Temple. Then resume with your drive to Mahabalipuram. This 7th century former port city is famous for its rock-cut shore temples. On arrival, check-in at one our listed hotels. The rest of the day is to be spent at leisure. Overnight at the hotel.
Day 3 : Mahabalipuram - Pondicherry
Next morning after breakfast, move out on a sightseeing tour of Mahabalipuram. The major attractions to visit include the Shore and the Five Ratha temples, Arjuna’s Penance and the Tiger caves. After the visit leave for Pondicherry. As on reaching Pondicherry, check-in at one our listed hotels. Rest and relax for the day. In the evening you may take a leisurely walk to the local market of Pondicherry. Return to the hotel for overnight stay.
Day 4 : Pondicherry - Swamimalai
Post breakfast, set out to explore the Pondicherry for its diverse attractions like the coastline of 32 Kms, palm-fringed beaches, backwaters and fishing villages. Later in the afternoon visit Aurbindo Ashram and Auroville. After visit drive to Swamimalai. Stop midway to visit Chidambaram, and Gangaikonda Cholapuram. On reaching Swamimalai, transfer to one of our listed hotels. Later in the day visit the Swamimalai Murugan Temple. Overnight stay at the hotel.
Day 5 : Swamimalai - Tanjore
After breakfast head straight to Tanjore. Tanjore is known as the city of temples as it has many famous temples in and around the city including the Navagraha temples. On reaching Tanjore, check-in at one of our listed hotels. After resting for a while, set out on a guided city tour of Tanjore including major tourist destinations like the Vijayanagar Fort, Shiva Ganga Garden, Aalangudi temple, Brahadeshwara temple and the Chandra Bagawan Temple. In the evening return to the hotel for overnight stay.
Day 6 : Tanjore departure
Next morning after breakfast, transfer to Tanjore airport to board a flight for your onward journey.
|01 Oct 2013 - 31 Mar 2014|
|Luxury||On request||On request|
|Deluxe||On request||On request|
|Budget||USD 336||On request|
Inclusions / Exclusions
Cost of the package - USD 336 per person
*Above rates are on per person basis for 2 pax traveling together for entire package.
- Accommodation for 05nights on twin sharing basis.
- Daily Breakfast
- Airport / hotel transfers + city tour + Drives by Air - Condition CAR with an ALL INDIA TOURIST PERMIT.
- All currently applicable taxes, however, any other tax as and when levied by the Government shall be extra.
- Any meal unless specified above.
- Any airfare.
- All entrances fees to monuments.
- An English-speaking guide during sightseeing
- Personal nature expenses like telephone / laundry bills etc.
- Airports tax and travel insurance etc.
- Services not specified above.
Hotels to be used or similar :
|PLACES||3 STAR HOTELS|
- All taxes, entrance fees, airfare etc are as on date. Any future hike will be charged extra.
- The above rates are valid from 01 October 2013 to 31st March 2014 ( Except December 20 to January 05, 2014)
- The above is only an offer and not confirmation of your bookings. We shall proceed with your booking once we have receive the payment from you & if we are not able to get the original hotels, shall provide equivalent/ alternative hotels.
- Terms & conditions, please click: www.indianholiday.com/terms-and-conditions.html