The South India Temple Tour takes you on a visit to sacred temples and religious shrines across the cities of south India.
The tour creates the perfect environment to help you discover your spiritual side.
South India temples are rich sources of religious teachings and cultural shenanigans. The tour covers all the magnificent south Indian temples.
- Visit themajor tourist attractions of Chennai including the Fort St. George, St. Thomas Mount, San Thome Cathedral, Kapaleeswar Temple and the National Art Gallery
- Excursion to Marina beach
- Guided tour tothe major Kanchipuram tourist attractions include visits to the Kailasanthar Temple, Ekambareshwarar Temple, The Vardarajanperumal Temple and the Sakkiswarar Temple.
- visit the major tourist attractions like the Shore and the Five Ratha temples, Arjuna’s Penance and the Tiger caves in Mahabalipuram
- Explore the Aurbindo Ashram and Auroville, at Pondicherry
- Guided city tour of Tanjore including major tourist destinations like the Vijayanagar Fort, Shiva Ganga Garden, Brahadeshwara temple and the Chandra Bagawan Temple.
On arrival at Chennai airport, meet our representative who’ll guide you to one of our listed hotels. Check-in at the hotel. After resting for a while, embark on a sightseeing tour of Chennai. The major tourist attractions in Chennai include the Fort St. George, St. Thomas Mount, San Thome Cathedral, Kapaleeswar Temple and the National Art Gallery.
In the evening visit the beautiful Marina. Don’t try swimming at Marina beach since there are strong currents present along the shoreline and no rescue equipments and lifeguards are available at this beach. Overnight stay at the hotel.
In the morning leave for Mahabalipuram via. Kanchipuram. The major Kanchipuram tourist attractions include visits to the Kailasanthar Temple, Ekambareshwarar Temple, The Vardarajanperumal Temple and the Sakkiswarar Temple. Then resume with your drive to Mahabalipuram.
This 7th century former port city is famous for its rock-cut shore temples. On arrival, check-in at one our listed hotels.The rest of the day is to be spent at leisure. Overnight at the hotel.
Next morning after breakfast, move out on a sightseeing tour of Mahabalipuram. The major attractions to visit include the Shore and the Five Ratha temples, Arjuna’s Penance and the Tiger caves. After the visit leave for Pondicherry.
As on reaching Pondicherry, check-in at one our listed hotels. Rest and relax for the day.
In the evening you may take a leisurely walk to the local market of Pondicherry. Return to the hotel for overnight stay.
Post breakfast, set out to explore the Pondicherry for its diverse attractions like the coastline of 32 Kms, palm-fringed beaches, backwaters and fishing villages.
Later in the afternoon visit Aurbindo Ashram and Auroville. After visit drive to Swamimalai. Stop midway to visit Chidambaram, and Gangaikonda Cholapuram.
On reaching Swamimalai, transfer to one of our listed hotels. Later in the day visit the Swamimalai Murugan Temple. Overnight stay at the hotel.
After breakfast head straight to Tanjore. Tanjore is known as the city of temples as it has many famous temples in and around the city including the Navagraha temples. On reaching Tanjore, check-in at one of our listed hotels.
After resting for a while, set out on a guided city tour of Tanjore including major tourist destinations like the Vijayanagar Fort, Shiva Ganga Garden, Aalangudi temple, Brahadeshwara temple and the Chandra Bagawan Temple. In the evening return to the hotel for overnight stay.
Post breakfast on the last day of the tour, get transferred to the Madurai airport to go aboard a flight for your onward destination.
Call an Expert » +91-11-4242 3100
- 6 Days / 5 Night
- Chennai - Kanchipuram - Mahab...