The tear-drop island amid the cerulean Indian Ocean, Sri Lanka is among the best holiday destinations in the world. Sri Lanka tour packages introduce to vast swathes of sun-kissed beaches, amazing wildlife, ancient cities, tea plantations, mouth-watering cuisines and more. The moment you begin your tour in this island nation, more and more reasons to stay longer keep on adding.
Bestselling Sri Lanka Holiday Packages
|Sri Lanka Tour Name||Duration||Price|
|Grand Sri Lanka Tour||6 Nights/ 7 Days||27,000 INR|
|Majestic Sri Lanka Tour||4 Nights/ 5 Days||24,500 INR|
|Sri Lanka and Maldives Tour||6 Nights/ 7 Days||On Request|
|Mesmerizing Sri Lanka Tour||5 Nights/ 6 Days||On Request|
|Delightful Sri Lanka Tour||6 Nights/ 7 Days||On Request|
To make this experience unforgettable, IHPL packs only the best to make every moment count. While Sri Lanka honeymoon packages are highly sought, there are option for family vacation and more. Group tour packages for Sri Lanka are popular for a wonderful time with all. There are abundant customizable options of Sri Lanka holiday packages from Delhi, Hyderabad & Mumbai as well as other locales in India.
Sri Lanka is one of the Asian hotspots that attracts thousands of tourists from far-off places. The country has many qualities and has various UNESCO preserved sites which are packed in such small area and form a part of various Sri Lanka trips.
Due to its tropical climate, sandy beaches and cultural experiences, Sri Lanka is fast becoming among the favored holiday places in the world. For celebrating destination wedding and honeymoon it is often combined with Maldives package as well. Its 2000 years plus old culture is well-preserved in its ancient sites filled with mystery and stunning beaches with white sands. No wonders, Sri Lanka holidays becomes most convenient and Visa formalities are quite easy.
While the urban areas of the country provide all modern qualities and tourist attractions like shopping complexes, nightclubs, pubs, etc. along with interesting things to do. The other side of the nation is home to elephants, leopards, dolphins, and spiritually blessed caves. There are several forts and monuments which stand as a testimony to the colonial past. These structures were used by the British, Dutch and Portuguese and are intact in different parts of the country. During Sri Lanka tour packages from India, you’ll get to explore something new and unique every day.
Best Places to Visit in Sri Lanka
Sri Lanka is best known for its artistic landscape, religious relics, and palm-fringed beaches. This island country has a rich cultural heritage. There are scores of famous places in Sri Lanka which include the timeless ruins, ancient temples, unexplored national parks, and innumerable waterfalls. Sri Lanka tour will give you a deep insight into the history, culture, and natural beauty of this country which is undeniably alluring. The dazzling rainforests and beaches are the must-visit places in Sri Lanka. The 2,000-year-old culture can be best witnessed in the legendary temples such as Dambulla Cave Temple, Sri Dalada Maligawa (The Temple of Sacred Tooth Relic), Gangaramaya Temple, and Koneswara Temple are some of the beautiful places in Sri Lanka. If you are traveling with your family and friends then Sri Lanka is a perfect getaway to plan a trip and there are so many best places in Sri Lanka. Make sure you will visit those places and take a look at the list of best places to visit in Sri Lanka:
Kandy – Dotted with charming tea plantations and majestic hilly landscapes, Kandy is home to several historical and cultural sites. Temple of the Tooth Relic is the most important religious shrine in Sri Lanka.
Colombo – The Garden City of the East, Colombo boasts of legacies of the colonial era. Dotted with forts, galleries, museums, temples, and palaces, Colombo is a paradise for the shopaholics.
Bentota – Boasts of lagoons, estuaries, and spectacular beaches, Bentota is a gorgeous town. The palm-fringed beaches and green environs spread the magic of calmness and serenity. Bentota Beach is one of the famous tourist places here.
Dambulla – This town is renowned for the Sigiriya which is one of the most historical monuments of Sri Lanka. Referred by the locals as the Eighth Wonder of the World. This ancient fort and palace complex has significant archeological importance.
Galle – This historic city is a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Famous for 300-year-old Dutch Fort and other historical monuments, Galle is dotted with impeccable stylish cafes and quirky places to chill out.
Kataragama – Popular pilgrimage destination in Sri Lanka, Kataragama is frequented by the adherents of all religions. This quaint little town is a holy place for Buddhists, Muslims, Hindus, and Veddah people.
Negombo – This idyllic beach town boasts of the Portuguese style of architecture. Negombo will take you to the Dutch era and leave you spellbound with its enchanting beauty.
Anuradhapura – This city is famous for its well-preserved ruins of an ancient Sinhala civilization. Anuradhapura has a rich collection of archeological and architectural wonders.
Yala - It was designated as the wildlife sanctuary in 1900. Yala National Park nurtures 215 species of birds, 300 odd floral species, 44 species of mammals, and many more.
Famous Food in Sri Lanka
Sri Lanka has a unique distinctive taste and flavors. It is a land of palatial curries and rice. Sri Lanka's famous food comprises some of the Dutch-influenced dishes and most of the sweets are Portuguese influenced. Sri Lanka’s famous food names are mentioned here. Take a look at the must-try dishes of Sri Lanka:
- Gotu Kola Mallum Sambola – Tattered Greens With Coconut
- Fish Ambul Thiyal – Fish Dish
- Kottu – Hamburger of Sri Lanka
- Kukul Mas Curry – A Delicious Curry
- Lamprais – Meat Immersed In Sambal Chili Sauce
- Sri Lankan Egg Hoppers – Pancakes For Breakfast
- Kiribath – Combo Of Rice And Coconut Milk
- Wood Apple– A South Asian Fruit
- Parippu – A Spicy Lentil
- Asmi – A blend of Milk And Cinnamon
- Wambatu Moju – An Eggplant Pickle
Polos – A Cuisine Of Jackfruit
Indian restaurants in Sri Lanka
Several Indian restaurants in Sri Lanka are packed with flavor, twists, and colors. Here you can enjoy the authentic South Indian dishes and there are numerous vegetarian eateries where Indian food in Sri Lanka can be enjoyed. They offer wholesome healthy and vegan options. With its dazzling menus, the Indian restaurants in Kandy, Colombo, and other major cities of Sri Lanka are have perfected the balance between the spiciness and creaminess and serve up some scrumptious curries. Here are the famous restaurants:
- Dunhinda, Colombo
- Balaji Dosai, Kandy
- Global Kitchen, Kandy
- Sri Suryas, Colombo
- Bombay Brasserie Restaurant, Galle
- Indian Hut Restaurant, Galle
- Mango Mango Indian Restaurant, Anuradhapura
- Seedhevi Family Restaurant, Anuradhapura
- Chana's, Colombo
- Shanmugas, Colombo
Top Things to do in Sri Lanka
Sri Lanka is dotted with a myriad of charming places and there are a lot of best things to do in Sri Lanka. From the exploration tour of the colonial fortress to the Safari tours in the national parks and from visiting the UNESCO World Heritage sites to enjoy the sunbathing in the glistening beaches, there are so many things which can be covered in the Sri Lanka tour package for the family. Sri Lanka is an undiscovered country that is situated between the trodden parts of India and Southeast Asia. The top things to do in Sri Lanka include the:
- Exploration tour of Yala National Park - Home to numerous wildlife species such as Leopard, Elephants, and Crocodile, Yala National Park boasts of grasslands and lagoons bordering the Indian Ocean. A safari tour is the best way to spot leopard and other wildlife species in the national park.
- Soak yourself in the mighty shores of the Bentota Beach - Palm-fringed beach and stretches of golden sand on the Bentota Beach is a perfect spot for unwinding. Bentota Beach is the best place to indulge in water sports such as water skiing and boogie boarding.
- Bird watching in Horton National Park - This protected area was made into the national park in 1988 and encompassed by massive forests and endless grasslands. Here one can encounter the flying wonders and exotic birds in the Horton National Park.
- Visit the breathtaking waterfalls namely St. Clair’s fall - Referred to as the Niagara of Sri Lanka, St. Clair’s falls perched at an altitude of 1,198 meters. It is one of the widest falls in Sri Lanka and encompassed by the mountains with the mesmerizing backdrop of the moving clouds.
- Trek to Adam’s Peak - It is one of the must-visit places in Sri Lanka. The trek to the peak is very exhausting but this place is considered to the sacred pilgrimage and it is famous for the Sri Pada ‘Sacred footprint of Lord Buddha’.
- Visit the National Museum of Colombo - Explore the architectural beauty of the country in the National Museum of Colombo and beautiful colonial buildings in the Fort Area.
- Enjoying the nightlife and try some hands in the casino.
- Seeks blessings at Gangarmaya Temple.
- Enjoy the beauty of the nature from Galle Face Green.
- The Tea and Herb Plantation Tour.
- Spot elephants in the Udawalawe National Park.
- Kandy is considered to be the sacred city and seeks blessings at the shrines in Kandy is among the topmost things to do in Kandy.
- Seek blessing at The Temple of Tooth Relic and Dambulla Cave Temple.
- Visit the Ceylon Tea Museum.
- Enjoy the panoramic view of the city from the Bahiravokanda Vihara Buddha Statue.
Travel Facts about Sri Lanka
Size and location: Situated a few degrees north of the Equator, Sri Lanka is slightly smaller than Ireland and a little larger than the US state of West Virginia.
Currency: Sri Lankan Rupee (LKR)
Religions: Sri Lanka’s population comprises different ethnic and religious groups. There are two prevalent religions in Sri Lanka and most of the population mainly comprises Buddhist Sinhalese and the predominantly Hindu Tamils. The other religious groups belong to Christians and Muslims.
Languages: Sinhala, Tamil, and English are officially recognized languages.
Visa Requirements for Indians to Travel Sri Lanka:
As an Indian passport holder, travelers are eligible for the visa on arrival. However, to obtain the documents, the Indian citizens requires to apply for the Sri Lanka visa online. Sri Lanka issues travelers the ETA (Electronic Travel Authorization) that allows you to enter the country for 30 days.
Best Time to Visit Sri Lanka:
Sri Lanka is flocked by tourists throughout the year. It is a year-round destination but there are few considerations in the best time to visit Sri Lanka.
The temperature is fairly pleasant throughout the year. From October to March is the best time to go to Sri Lanka if you wish to spend time on the beach which will not get hindered by the rain. This is the apt time to visit the west and southern coastlines including the Chilaw in the west, Galle in the south, and Colombo in the south-west.
If you want to attend the festival and gastronomical events then April is the best time travel to Sri Lanka as this is the harvest season here. March is the best time for the central hills including the Kandy, Nuwara Eliya, and Peradeniya Botanical Garden. Plan Sri Lanka tour from January to March if you wish to explore the central hills as it is the sunniest and the driest time of the year here. Sri Lanka is the tropical island that remains warm throughout the year while May to August is the time when the monsoon hit the island and during this time Sri Lanka trip cost from India at a lower price comparatively as this is the less preferred time to visit Sri Lanka.