Maharashtra is the majestic land of caves, shrines, hill stations, sanctuaries, beaches, forts, etc. To present you the best of the state, Indian Holiday Pvt. Ltd. offers meticulously designed Maharashtra tour packages. These packages include everything that an avid traveler looks for. Book the packages to explore the best kept secrets as well as popular places of the state adorned with gems of diversity.
With Maharashtra tours, you can enrich and unwind yourself amidst the rich and diverse culture coupled with history that awestruck you! The expeditions help you to partake in number of things to do like trekking, cherishing wildlife safaris and so on. Embarking on a pilgrimage to holy sites like Shirdi accounts for a delightful bliss.
Moreover, planning holidays in Maharashtra help to curate memories of a lifetime. Top tourist places in Maharashtra like Mumbai, Lonavala, Aurangabad, Nasik, Nagpur, Ajanta, etc. lure scores of tourists throughout the year. Beguiling with a potpourri of archaeological sites having rich historical legacy, colorful cultures and vibrant festivals, Maharashtra is worth visiting.
A trip to Maharashtra appeals to the foodies, shopaholics, history buffs, adventure enthusiasts and nature lovers alike. Innumerable destinations on the ‘Land of Marathas’ exude their own charm. Famous for one thing or another, these places definitely urge to plan a trip again.
Keeping all these things in mind, we offer you amazing Maharashtra holiday packages that cater to the needs of everybody. Comprising of pleasant stays, delicious meals and comfortable transfers, our packages will undoubtedly turn up to your expectations. Visit the state and return with some of the best memories and experiences of your life!
Places to Visit on Maharashtra Tour
The land of Marathas, Maharashtra is the second largest state in India. There are a plethora of famous Maharashtra tourist places that offer a diverse mix of ancient caves, temples, forts, and beaches. It is thus a major state in India which has tons of places and attractions a tourist must travel.
Given below are the some of best places to explore during Tour of Maharashtra Vacation:
- Shirdi: The home of great saint Sai Baba is widely known as ‘Child of God’. It is a religious site close to Nashik, located in the Ahmednagar district of Maharashtra. It is a famous tourist place in Maharashtra to visit with family. The small town is filled with religious spots and activities which will soothe and calm your soul during the visit. The temple opens at 4 A.M.
- Mumbai: The capital of Maharashtra and India’s most popular city, Mumbai is sprawling with a large number of tourists throughout the year. Famously known as the ‘City of Dreams’ and it is a melting pot of diverse cultures and lifestyles. The supreme iconic spot in Mumbai has to be the gateway to India. The grandiose Taj Mahal Hotel which is another famous Mumbai landmark is right opposite the Gateway of India. These are the best places to visit in Mumbai. It is a city that proudly brags of stories from different walks of human survival.
- Lonavala: Popular hill station close to Pune and Mumbai, Lonavala is famous for its remarkable caves, striking forts and beautiful lakes. Lonavala is the must-visit place if you admire nature and it is the best hill station near Mumbai. It offers a tempting and bewitching experience of nature’s most gifted region.
- Khandala: Hovering on the foothills of Sahyadri, Khandala offers a perfect weekend interval for the tourists across India. It is a must-visit destination for everyone looking for beautiful nature and pleasant weather. It is the best place to visit in Maharashtra. Its meandering waterfalls and dazzling lakes attributes to the splendid look an impressive ambiance. A flawless place to sit back and relax.
- Aurangabad: It was declared by the government as the tourism capital of Maharashtra and a famous tourist hub that greets its visitors from across the world. The most famous tourist attraction of Aurangabad is the Ajanta and Ellora caves which are being declared a World Heritage Site by UNESCO. It is also home to temples such as the Jyotirlinga Grishneshwar Temple and the Maruti Temple, both of which have mythologies of their own. It is also well known for its architecture.
- Pune: It is a city that perfectly composites modernity with tradition and it deserves the title of being the cultural capital of Maharashtra. Pune is universally renowned for the Osho Ashram which entices followers from all over the world. Dotted with ancient palaces and temples, Pune is the best weekend getaways near Mumbai for families.
- Panvel: It is well-known as the gateway of the Konkan Coast. It is the most crowded vicinity of the Raigad district of Maharashtra. It is a charming hill station of its class that it proudly represents as the ultimate traveling destination. It is one of the famous hill station and ideal picnic spots for enthusiastic backpackers.
- Kamshet: It is an attractive hill station in the Western Ghats for all kinds of tourists, especially for those who love nature and audacious paragliding activities. Kamshet is a paraglider’s paradise. You can enjoy the backdrops and also have a closer look at the village life of India. Among other important attractions in this region, there are the Bhairi caves, Bhedsa caves, and Khondeshwar temple. It is the coolest place in Maharashtra to explore.
- Nagpur: It is also the winter capital of Maharashtra and well-known for its opulent culture and tradition. Nagpur is also known as the ‘Orange City’ of India because of the juiciest varieties of oranges found here, which are famous all over the world. With temples, lush green gardens and lakes along with the cultural heritage captivate its visitors.
Top Hill Stations in Maharashtra for Romantic or Family Holiday Vacations
Any hill station in Maharashtra is a pleasure in itself. For a traveler looking for picturesque beauty, the hill stations in Maharashtra provide one of the best facets of tourism. Thus, a must-visit for any traveler looking for an escape from the busy city life.
Here is the list of some famous hill stations in Maharashtra to visit with your loved ones:
- Panchgani: Panchgani is among the top hill stations in Maharashtra famous for its various sunset and sunrise points and attractive valley view. This hill station was discovered by the British superintendent John Chesson in 1860. It is a land of nature’s wonder and the second largest mountain plateau in the whole of Asia. When you are in Panchgani do not miss one of the beguiling experiences of Paragliding that this hill station has to offer. Paragliding above the lavish green mounds of Western Ghats is the must-do activity in Panchgani.
- Lavasa: It is a perfect amalgam of beauty and infrastructure, Lavasa is a privately prearranged hill station situated near Pune in Maharashtra. This hill station offers a fun treat for all its visitors. It is completely a leisure holiday destination located in the mid of lush green hills. It is one of the best honeymoon destinations in Maharashtra.
- Mahabaleshwar: Among the best hill stations in Maharashtra, Mahabaleshwar is set amongst the forests, waterfalls and attractive lakes. Well known for its enchanting beauty and the beautiful strawberry farms. The city is absolutely among the best weekend getaways near Mumbai. Charismatic views, appealing valleys, and tranquil lakes are the best way to summarize this nature’s gift.
- Igatpuri: It is blessed with scenic beauty and is a paradise for nature lovers and adventure enthusiasts, Igatpuri is a city in the Western Ghats located in the Nashik district of Maharashtra. It is also granted with a cultural and historical significance of its own. It is a perfect destination for a weekend getaway.
- Matheran: It is the smallest hill station in all over India. Matheran is one of a few places in the world that does not permit any vehicles at all. It is famous for its scenic beauty and viewpoints. It is a popular picnic spot where nature fanatics love to go and take a stroll in.
- Chikhaldara: Being the only coffee-growing area in the province, Chikhaldara also boasts of lovely lakes, awe-inspiring panoramic views, and exotic wildlife. It has a large number of attractions to offer and is mostly one of the best places to plan your tour with family.
- Koroli: Settled in nature’s lap, it is another and not so crowded hill stations in Maharashtra. Once you are here, enjoy the beauty of dazzling valleys, amazing weather, and lush green meadows. One of the best hill stations in Maharashtra for an offbeat holiday. It is a bliss for hikers, nature lovers and photography enthusiasts.
Beaches to visit on Maharashtra Vacation Tours
What is the first thing that comes to your mind when you listen to the name ‘Maharashtra’? Yes, it is Bollywood! But, do you know Maharashtra is also popular for a variety of appealing beaches. The Konkan Coast in Maharashtra offers an abundance of striking beaches. The beaches here are sited far away from the exasperating crowd of the cities of Maharashtra and offer a plethora of thrilling watersport activities, beach walking, sunbathing, etc.
Here are some of the most popular beaches in Maharashtra that you must visit on holiday vacations.
- Ganapatipule Beach: It is regarded as one of the best beaches in Maharashtra and is surrounded by glittering blue waters, swaying palms, silvery sands, and pristine air. Situated along the Konkan coast, it is an idyllic getaway for many tourists who want to experience peace and serenity.
- Tarkarli Beach: Tarkali is an occurrence of heaven for beach lovers. You could spend your entire day in walking and lazing around also enjoying the numerous adventure activities near Tarkarli beach. One of the most fascinating things about Tarkali Beach is its natural beauty which has a unique charm of its own. Sunsets are especially attractive at the beach and the beauty of this place is only enriched in the mellow light of the dusk. You can plan a Tarkarli trip with your family as it is among the best beaches near Mumbai for the weekend.
- Juhu Beach, Mumbai: It is the most popular beach in Mumbai. It is located close to Andheri and quite a lovely beach. The neighboring area of Juhu is one of the poshest localities in Mumbai and is home to a lot of famous Bollywood and TV celebrities. Just taking walk through the beach sand can convey a deep sense of calm.
- Marine Drive, Mumbai: The shorelines the Arabian Sea and is the best place to watch the sunset in Mumbai. Though it is not a typical sandy beach, Marine Drive is among the most famous tourist spot in Maharashtra. An entire curve line of the seashore, shielded with palm trees makes for a spectacular view at night. The sound of the waves, a view of the Mumbai skyline and a twinkling sky make one of the best places in Mumbai.
- Kelshi Beach, Dapoli: This gorgeous beach is covered with lush greenery and dense forests. The sheets of glittering sands are great to relax and marvel at the mysteries of the ocean. This also serves the great site for bird watching and enjoying the environment of this most natural beach. This is one of the famous beaches near Dapoli.
- Ganeshgule Beach, Ratnagiri: It is surely a soothing beach for a cool walk. One can adore a panoramic view of the striking sunset. It is popular among nature lovers and is well-known for its clear sunset view. It is considered a perfect place for those who want to relax and spend a peaceful time. It is one of the best beaches near Ratnagiri to plan your family weekend.
Pilgrimage Holiday Vacations Sites in Maharashtra
The Indian state of Maharashtra is home to several pilgrimage spots and pious sites. Maharashtra is being blessed by the presence of all the gods. It is a holy land where different religions come together to pray and seek blessings of God.
Here are some of the popular pilgrimage tour places in Maharashtra where one can find serenity and bliss.
- Shirdi, The land of Sai Baba: This is one of the holiest places in India and also one of the popular pilgrimage places which you must include in Maharashtra pilgrimage tour packages. Sai baba transformed this small village into a holy pilgrimage place for his devotees. Many tales of the famous Shirdi Sai are associated with this village. There are many religious places to be seen in Shirdi such as Chavadi, Dwarkamai Masjid, and Shani Shingnapur. This is also one of the best pilgrimage places to visit near Mumbai.
- Bhimashankar, Maharashtra: It is a popular temple town situated about 100 km from Pune and 220 Km from Mumbai. It is among one of the twelve traditional ‘Jyotirlinga’ shrines of Lord Shiva in India. It is surrounded by hills and is covered by thick green rainforests. It is considered to be one of the holy places in Mumbai.
- Kolhapur, Maharashtra: This name derives from a mythical story of Kolhapur, a demon who was slain by Goddess Mahalakshmi. On the auspicious occasion of Naag Panchami, Kolhapur is at its enchanting best. Thousands of people worship live snakes by offering milk and rice. It is a tourist-friendly destination having no problem in commuting to accommodation and food.
- Hedvi, Maharashtra: It is chiefly a pilgrim destination and attracts a lot of pilgrims from across the country. The Lord Ganesha temple is one of the important temples because of its ancient significance. It is also known as Dasabhuj Ganesh Temple and is one of the famous temples of the Konkan region. This temple was constructed during the reign of the Peshwas and has been carved beautifully. It is one of the famed pilgrimage places near Mumbai.
- Shani Shingnapur: This is one of the most popular Shani Temples in India and also among the famous pilgrimage places to visit near Pune. The idol of the Lord Shani Dev at the Shingnapur Temple is Swayambhu and the temple is believed that a deity still resides in the temple. The idol is personified in the form of a black stone which is five and a half feet high installed on an open-air dais. The whole village around the Shani Shingnapur Temple has no doors to the houses. The Shani shrine is visited by thousands of devotees each day, which Saturday is the busiest day
- Trimbakeshwar: It was built by Shri Nana sahib Peshwa. The presiding deity of the temple is Lord Shiva as Trimbakeshwar. The extraordinary feature of the Jyotirlinga situated here in its three faces exemplifying Lord Brahma, Lord Vishnu, and Lord Rudra. The temple is erected of black stone in the Nagara style of architecture. The whole edifice is bedecked with sculptural work featuring running scrolls, floral designs, and figures of deities. You can plan your Maharashtra Jyotirlinga tour with your family.
Heritage and Historic sites to visit on your Tour to Maharashtra
Maharashtra is a state of significant and magnificent monuments. From the days of Maratha rule to the British colonial days, every era has left behind treasures. Each of the historical monuments of Maharashtra has a lot to say about the golden period. If you wish to discover the historical places in Maharashtra, get whole information about chronological places and UNESCO world heritage sites in Maharashtra.
- Ajanta and Ellora Caves, Aurangabad: These caves are considered to be one of the most significant historical places in Maharashtra. The rock-cut caves containing carvings are the supreme example of Indian paintings and sculptures. Ajanta and Ellora caves in Aurangabad are an amalgamation of Buddhist, Jain, and Hindu monuments.
- The Gateway of India, Mumbai: Without a doubt, it is one of the most popular historical places in Maharashtra. The magnificent structure of the monument is the beautiful confluence of Indian, African and Western architecture and has become a popular tourist hub in the city. The vision from the sea of the Gateway complex, especially at night is quite ethereal and attractive. It is not only a historical artifact but an example of a marvelous architecture in itself.
- Elephanta Caves, Mumbai: It is a specimen of rock-cut art and architecture from the eras of medieval India. It also provides a wonderful view of the Mumbai skyline. The caves are an expression of art some important imageries are sculpted here which include ‘Trimurti’. It is also an unlikely trekking destination and the famous historical places in Maharashtra.
- Lohagad Fort, Khandala: This historical place is flanked by nature at its lush greenery and panoramic views. This destination is the perfect amalgamation of ancient architecture and natural magnificence. The ramble of the fort is an easy one and perfect for the first-timers, making it a favorite haunt of hiking fanatics.
- Shaniwar Wada, Pune: It is one of the finest examples of architecture in the city. It is now one of the most popular tourist destinations in Maharashtra. Every evening a light and sound show is held here for visitors. This magnificent mansion was built by the Peshwa Bajirao I himself as the residence of the Peshwas. Though cantered with tales of treachery is one of the last standing testimonies of the grandeur and valor. So, you can get a glimpse of history and some drama as well.