Patan is an old town and was once the capital of the Gujarat.Maor tourist attraction of Patan is Rani ki Vav which is an outstanding instance of subterranean architecture of Gujarat. Amongst about 100 jain temples in Patan Mahavir Swami Derasar is one of the most famous temple. Patan is also famous for its double-ikat weaving technique, also known as Patola Silk Weaving. IHPL offers various tours to Patan you can choose from these tours and go back into the prehistoric era of Gujarat and witness its rich heritage and culture during those days.
Patan Tour Package
Best Patan Holiday Package
FAQs of Patan Tours
Ques: Where is Patan located?
Ans: Patan is located about 130 kilometres northward from the capital city of Ahmedabad in the state of Gujarat.
Ques: Why Patan is famous?
Ans: In medieval times Patan was the capital of Gujarat. It is having many Hindu and Jain temples as well as few mosques & Dargahs. It is famous for making one of the finest hand-made textiles in the world, especially for Sarees known as “Patola Sarees’. Tourists can also see this exquisite fabric woven here.
Ques: Which is the nearest airport to reach Patan?
Ans: The nearest airport to reach Patan is Ahmedabad Airport & its name is Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel international airport with an airport code “AMD”.
Ques: What are the most famous tourist attractions in Patan?
Ans:Patan is a treasure trove of architectural marvels. Dotted with ancient temples and marvellous edifices, Patan is home to some of the amazing monuments. Some of the important places to visit in Patan includes:
- Rani-Ki-Vav: It is a unique step well located on the banks of River Saraswati. Also, known as 'Queen's Stepwell', which is not only a different form of water storage system but also represents a unique craftsmanship. This step-well is also listed in UNESCO's World Heritage Sites since 2014.
- Sahasralinga Talav: It is an artificial ancient water tank in Patan, constructed in medieval times. This monument is protected by archaeological survey of India as it is rich in art & culture so it has a national importance.
Ques: What is the best time to visit Patan?
Ans:You can plan your trip to Patan from November till February as generally weather remains cold & pleasant during these months, so this time is considered as the best time to visit Patan.
Ques: Is there any railway station in Patan?
Ans: Yes, Patan railway station is its name & “PTN” is the station code.
Ques: What are the dishes/snacks I can try in Patan?
Ans:While exploring Patan, enjoy the lip-smacking dishes in the city. Some of the famous dishes are as below:
- Bhajiyo etc.
Ques: Can you name some sweets I can have in Patan?
Ans:The cuisines of Patan has its own charm. The region is famous for sweets which have distinctive flavors. Some of the popular sweets are as below:
- Soan Papdi
- Gulab Jamun etc.
Ques: What are the popular things to buy in Patan?
Ans:The top-most & world famous thing to buy in Patan is it’s locally made “Patola sarees’ which is hand-woven. Moreover, there are other things in the same pattern which you can buy such as Patola woven stoles, kerchiefs, scarfs etc.
Apart from this you can also buy jewellery, handicrafts, readymade clothes and other souvenir from different local shops.
Ques: Can you suggest any tour package for Patan?
Ans: Check the following tour package offered by Indian Holiday, which covers the Patan city along with other tourist places in Gujarat.
Ques: What is the weather condition in Patan?
Ans: Find below the table which is explaining about the weather condition in Patan:
- Summers Mar to Jun 29 °C – 41 °C
- Monsoon Jul to Sep 27°C – 35°C
- Winters Nov to Feb 12 °C – 29 °C
Ques: What are the famous festivals in Patan?
Ans: Although there are many festivals celebrated in India but in Gujarat two festivals are celebrated with great enthusiasm, so the same is celebrated in Patan as well with same joy:
- Makar Sankranti: It is celebrated on 14 January every year. Hindus worship the God Dharma as this day marks the end of winter season and beginning of a new harvest season. Women generally celebrate this festival by using 'haldi-kumkum', whereas men fly kites one after another for the entire day.
- Navratri: It is a popular festival which is celebrated in a continuation for nine days. To celebrate, people gather to perform a puja to the nine forms of Goddess Durga i.e. Shailaputri, Brahmacharini, Chandraghanta, Kushmanda, Skandamata, Katyayani, Kaalratri, Mahagauri and Siddhidhatri. Locals arrange and participate along with people around the world in the events such as Dandiya night, local folk music competition, dance competition etc.
Ques: What is the price range of “Patola Sarees”?
Ans:It is an expensive saree ranges from one lakh to a few lakhs, due to the high quality, immense manual work & amount of time involved in making of an authentic Patan Patola saree. But yes, if you want it in lower range then you have that option as well in comparatively low quality.