Vadodara is located on the banks of the river Vishwamitri and boasts of a rich historical as well as cultural background. The city has long been a favorite among the Gaekwads, and is home to a number of palaces, parks, and excellent museums.
Vadodara is a rapidly growing industrial city that has a lot of industries that manufacture a great variety of goods and articles for various utilities. Vadodara offers testimony to the rule of the Mughals and also the Britons. Vadodara tour packages include visits to the city's various interesting tourist attractions.
History of Vadodara
Explore the history of Vadodara that has endured many changes yet still makes its presence felt in the pages of history. The history of Vadodara takes us back to 812 AD. The name of the city has changed many times according to the whims and fancies of the different rulers.
Vadodara has many historical monuments and architecture that reveal the town's past history and glory. Vadodara tourism packages are available at attractive rates and cover a whole lot of fun and excitement for the tourists seeking the wholesome pleasure of travel.
The ancient edifices and architectural monuments in the city illustrate the artistic excellence and aestheticism of ancient times. Vadodara tour itinerary embrace the interesting facts which affirm that this city was under the rule of the Hindu rulers until around 1297 AD. Thereafter, the Muslim rulers who belonged to the Sultanate of Delhi took over the city, and later on it came to be known as the Gujarat Sultanate.
Tourist Attraction of Vadodara
Though there are numerous tourist attractions to watch out for, the one that deserves a must-visit is the Sayaji Bagh. It is a huge park and is well-maintained. Vadodara tour packages also include a visit to the Baroda Museum and the Art Gallery, which feature an array of Egyptian antiquities, as well as Indian sculptures and ancient manuscripts. The art gallery houses numerous Mughal miniatures and magnificent works of European masters.
Though there are numerous tourist attractions to watch out for, the one that deserves a must visit is the Sayaji Bagh. It is a huge park and is well maintained. Vadodara Itinerary also focus on the Baroda museum as well as Art gallery which are famous for the various collections of artifacts that include a compilation of Egyptian antiquities, besides the Indian sculptures and ancient manuscripts. The art gallery houses the numerous Mughal miniatures and magnificent works of European masters.
Tourists wanting more on their 1 day trip near Vadodara can also go for excursions to the nearby town of Champaner, which is located at a distance of 47 km to the northeast of Vadodara. This town is famous for a lot of charming attractions that, include the Jama Masjid.
Dabhoi town is 29 km southeast of Baroda and is regarded as an example of Hindu military architecture from the 13th century. Dakor is known for its Temple of Ranchodrai. These are some of the places in the vicinity of Vadodara worth paying a visit.
Best Places to visit in Vadodara for your Memorable Trip
The city of Vadodara offers so many places for tourists to visit. Here are a few of the most popular ones:
- Makarpura Palace - This place is very famous for its architecture. Students are also trained here and are operated by the Indian Air Force.
- Champaner Pavagadh Archaeological Park - It is one of the Archaeological parks and is well known for its surroundings and architectural designs.
- Sayaji Gardens - This place consists of a zoo, museums, and so much more. It is also one of the most famous sightseeing places.
- EME temple - This temple is dedicated to one of the forms of Lord Shiva and is famous for its collection of ancient statues.
- Jambughoda Wildlife Sanctuary - If you're looking for a place to take a picnic, then this is the place to go. Trekking, camping, and other adventure activities are available to tourists here. We offer one-day tour packages from Vadodara to visit this place.
Vadodara has many other places worth visiting. Book your Vadodara packages complete by adding the places you wish to see.
How to reach Vadodara
To reach Vadodara, you have several ways of transportation such as flight, train, bus, etc. You can select the one which is more convenient for you.
- By Flight: Vadodara has its own airport that operates regular flights. From all major cities in the country, you can book a flight to Vadodara.
- By Train: Vadodara has its own railway station, so train tickets can be booked from any major city and you can get there easily. We also offer tour packages from Vadodara by train for those who want to explore the surrounding areas.
- By Road: Getting to Vadodara is very easy since the roads are well-maintained and well-connected. You can hire a taxi or drive your own vehicle.
For a hassle-free experience, you can also book our Vadodara tour packages that include the best transportation service.
Indian Holiday offers Vadodara tour packages for tourists. The packages we curate are designed in such a way that they perfectly meet the needs of our customers. Our Vadodara tour packages include all the amenities such as sightseeing, food, accommodation, etc. Call us today to book your package. We will make sure that you have a great time.