This 14 nights and 15 days tour – In the Footsteps of Buddha is a perfect itinerary for those who are the followers of Buddhism. This journey is going to take you through the sites which were important in the life of Lord Buddha. You will get a chance to visit the journey of King Siddhartha, till the time he became Buddha and attained enlightenment. You will get a chance to explore ancient Buddhist monuments as well. You will also be visiting the golden triangle cities along with Lucknow.
At the Footsteps of Buddha
Delhi - Jaipur - Agra - Varanasi - Bodhgaya - Vaishali - Kushinagar - Lumbini - Kapilvastu - Shrawasti - Balrampur - Lucknow - Delhi
- Lakshmi Narayan temple and Jama Masjid, Delhi
- Elephant ride at Amer Fort, Jaipur
- Stopover at Fatehpur Sikri
- Visit Taj Mahal, Agra
- Boat ride in Ganges, Varanasi
- Mahabodhi temple, Bodhgaya
- Visit to the remains of Nalanda
- Visit to Mahanirvana temple, Kushinagar
- Cover Sravasti and Jetavana monastery
- Visit to Imambara, Lucknow
Get an assisted transfer to the hotel, once you arrive in Delhi. Stay overnight at the hotel.
On the 2nd day of the tour, you will embark on the sightseeing tour of Delhi. You will explore the monuments of the Old as well as New Delhi. You will visit Laxmi Narayan Temple, drive pasts India Gate & the Parliament House, visit Jama Masjid, Red Fort, Gandhi memorial. The evening is booked to enjoy the sound and light show (Optional activity; subject to availability).
Later in the evening, return to the hotel and enjoy the sumptuous dinner. Overnight stay at the hotel in Delhi.
After breakfast, hit the road to go to Jaipur. On arrival in Jaipur, check-in at the hotel and take some rest. The evening is free for leisure activities. You can explore the market of Jaipur or take a stroll at the nearby streets of the hotel. Soak in the enchanting beauty and vibrational aura of Jaipur.
Enjoy the delicious dinner at the hotel. Stay overnight at the hotel in Jaipur.
On the 4th day of the tour, you will embark on the sightseeing of the city after having breakfast. The sightseeing tour of the city includes Hawa Mahal, City Palace, Johari Bazaar, Royal Observatory, Nawab Sahab ki Haveli. You will get an opportunity to enjoy an Elephant ride at the well-known Amber Fort & visit the fort.
Later in the evening return to the hotel and enjoy the dinner. Overnight stay at the hotel in Jaipur.
After breakfast, start your journey to Agra. En-route you will cover Fatehpur Sikri, the old deserted town of Mughal. Once you arrive in Agra you will have an assisted check-in at the hotel. In the afternoon, visit the sightseeing tour of the city. You will explore the Red Fort, Taj Mahal, and the Tomb of Itmad-Ud-Daula.
Later in the evening, return to the hotel and enjoy the dinner. Overnight stay at the hotel in Agra.
During dawn, visit Taj Mahal and experience the mesmerising beauty of this World Heritage Site. The first ray of sun falls on the Taj Mahal and it looks majestic. Afterwards, get an assisted transfer to the railway station to board an overnight train to Varanasi.
On arriving in Varanasi you will have an assisted transfer to the hotel. Check into the hotel and rest for some time. Enjoy the morning boat ride on the holy River Ganges. The rest of the time is at your leisure. You can spend some time on the Dashashwmedha Ghat and visit several other ghats. Kashi Vishwanath Temple is one of the world-renowned temples where you can visit and pay homage to Lord Shiva. It is believed that Varanasi is older than traditions and legends. Spend some time in peace and tranquillity in the city and learn about the culture of this enchanting place.
Overnight stay at the hotel in Varanasi.
On the 8th day of the tour, you will leave for Bodhgaya. Upon your arrival in Bodhgaya, you will have an assisted check-in at the hotel and take rest for a while after which you will visit to explore the Mahabodhi Temples. Explore the mesmerising beauty of these temples and glare at these architectural marvels.
Overnight stay at the hotel in Bodhgaya.
On the 9th day of the tour, you will leave for Patna by road. On the way, you will get an opportunity to explore the Nalanda, Rajgir, Sapta Pari caves and lastly, Venevamas. On arrival in Patna, you will get transferred to the pre-booked hotel. The rest of the time is at your leisure. You can visit the nearby market and explore the city or take a stroll near the hotel.
Return to the hotel and enjoy the delicious dinner. Stay overnight at the hotel in Patna.
In the early morning, leave for Kushinagar via Vaishali which is the place where Lord Buddha gave his last sermon. Cover the Ashok Pillar, Chaumukhi, and Lotus Tank. Later leave for Kushinagar. Upon your arrival, check-in at the hotel and the rest of the time is at your leisure. If time and energy permits you can visit the local market or savour the local delicacies.
Overnight stay at the hotel in Kushinagar.
Half-day Kushinagar visit, covering the modern Japan/Srilanka Buddhist center, Mahanirvana Temple and some monasteries. Leave for Lumbini. Overnight stay at the hotel.
In the morning, enjoy tour of Ashoka's pillar, situated in a dense Sal forest, Mayadevi temple, remains of an ancient monastery and some stupas. Leave for Balrampur in the afternoon. On the way, cover Sravasti where you will explore the remains of an ancient city and Jetavana Monastery. On arrival, check-in at the hotel for an overnight stay.
City tour in the morning. Post lunch, leave for Lucknow. Get transferred to the hotel after arrival for an overnight stay.
Enjoy a sightseeing tour of Lucknow and visit Rumi Darwaza and Imambara. Get transferred to the hotel to catch a flight for Delhi. On arrival, check-in at the hotel for night halt The rest of the time is at your leisure. You can visit the famous markets of Delhi and buy some souvenirs for your loved ones. Later in the evening, return to the hotel and enjoy the dinner. Overnight stay at the hotel in Delhi.
Departure from Delhi’s International Airport.
Our Price Per Person
|Adults||3* Hotel||4* Hotel||5* Hotel|
|2 Adults||USD 1090||USD 1080||USD 1435|
|4 Adults||USD 835||USD 925||USD 1180|
Airfare Extra: Lucknow/Delhi – shall let you know exact airfare once we have the exact dates.
Hotels to be used/ Similar
|City||3* Hotel||4* Hotel||5* Hotel|
|Delhi||Meridian||SK Premium Park||ITC Welcom Hotel Dwarka|
|Jaipur||Lords Plaza||KK Royal Hotel & Convention Centre||Radisson Blu Tonk Road / Shiv Vilas Palace|
|Agra||Taj Villa||The Retreat||Crystal Sarovar Premier|
|Varanasi||West Inn/ Meadows Hotel||Hotel Amaya||Hotel Ramada/ Hotel Madin|
|Bodhgaya||Hotel Delta||Bodhgaya Regency||The Royal Residency|
|Patna||Amelphi Grand||Amelphi Grand||Lemon Tree|
|Kushinagar||Amelphi Grand||Om Residency||The Royal Residency|
|Lumbini||Hotel Maurya||Hotel Nirvana||Hotel Buddhamaya|
|Sravasti||Lotus Sutra||Lotus Sutra||Hotel Platinum|
|Lucknow||Golden Tulip||La Palace Sarovar Portico||The Renaissance|
Note:- We can customize the hotels and tour as per your choice with cost adjustments.
- Accommodation 14 Nights on Double sharing on Bed & Breakfast basis.
- All transfer and sightseeing by AC Indigo based on 02 Persons and Toyota Innova based on 4 Persons.
- Assistance on Arrival and departure.
- Service of an English speaking guide for sightseeing as per the above program.
- Morning elephant ride at Amer Fort – Jaipur.
- Boat Ride at River Ganges Varanasi.
- Train Ticket Agra/Varanasi by 2 Tier air-conditioned class.
- All currently applicable taxes
- Any meal unless specified above.
- Any Air Fare/ Train Ticket.
- All entrances fees to monuments.
- Any Riding except Elephant Ride at Amer Fort.
- Personal nature expenses like telephone / laundry bills etc.
- Airports tax and travel insurance etc.
- Services not specified above.
- All taxes, entrance fees, airfare, Hotel and Transport rates etc. are as on date. Any future hike will be charged extra.
- The above rates are valid from October 01st 2020 to March 31st 2021 except December 20th 2020 to January 10th 2021 and Pushkar Fair Period (Nov 20– Nov 30, 2020)
- Normal hotel check in /Check out time 1400 / 1200hrs
- Our drivers are responsible for safe driving with proper knowledge of route / itinerary. However, he would not be able to explain any sightseeing spots /History of monuments etc. and for same you may take proper Guide services from us on additional cost basis.
- The above is only an offer and we are not holding any booking at this stage, booking would be subject to availability once confirmed by you along with guest details & guarantee to book.
- Terms & conditions, please click: www.indianholiday.com/terms-and-conditions.html
- All rates are subject to a revision if there is a fluctuation in the currency rates.
Identity Proof : It is Mandatory for all guests to provide Photo ID at the time of booking confirmation & also need to carry original documents while traveling.
- For Non Resident Indians clients (NRI client) – copy of passport.
- For Overseas Indian clients holding OCI / PIO card – copy of passport and copy of OCI/PIO card is mandatory.
- For domestic clients – copy of Driving License / Voter ID Card / passport is mandatory.
Jurisdiction Clause: All the disputes arising out of this agreement or any other subsequent agreement would be subject to Delhi Courts only.
Temperature checking and regular screening is carried out for Hotel Staff, Guests, Drivers, and Guides.
- 15 Days / 14 Night
- Delhi - Jaipur - Agra - Varan...