Heritage of Orissa is a perfect way to get detailed insights about the state’s rich heritage. Orissa, now known as Odisha, is a home to splendid temples, magnificent monuments and remarkable architectural wonders. The well-planned tour gives you ample of opportunities to explore the real charm of the ‘Soul of Incredible India’. During the 5 days’ tour, you will be traveling to the cities like Bhubaneswar, Puri and Pipili, etc. Soak-in the beauty of the Chilika Lake along with visiting the famous Sun Temple in Konark. Plan a trip to Odisha and enjoy wonderful vacations ahead.
Note: This is just a suggested itinerary indicative of what could be possible. We tailor holidays for your specific needs. Contact us if you want modifications so that we could tailor a holiday to suit your need for an unforgettable India tour.
Upon arrival at Bhubaneswar airport, meet our tour representative who will help you with guided transfer to the hotel. Check-in and freshen up. Later on, get ready for a sightseeing tour starting with a visit to the Udayagiri and Khandagiri Caves. Partly natural and partly artificial, the caves enjoy popularity for their historical, archaeological and religious importance. Once the dwelling retreats or blocks of the Jain monks, these caves have a distinctive aura.
After this, you will be visiting the Lingaraja temple. The thousand-year-old spectacular specimen of Hindu architecture is truly awe-inspiring. Counted as one of the most revered places to visit, it is dedicated to Lord Shiva. The tranquility and the unique architecture spellbind the visitors.
Return to the hotel for an overnight stay.
Savor a hearty breakfast. Post this, check-out of the hotel and leave for Konark. The mystical city is a home to the Konark Sun Temple, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Dating back to the 13th century, the colossal chariot shaped temple is an architectural marvel and is dedicated to the Sun God. The skills of artisans and the intricate carvings present a sight to behold. Thereafter, visit the Chandrabhaga beach. Earlier it was considered the place of natural cure for lepers. The scenic beach holds the Blue Flag certification.
Once done with the Konark sightseeing, head towards Puri. Complete the check-in formalities and freshen up quickly to visit the Puri Jagannath temple and the Gundicha temple. The former of the two is one of the holy places for Hindus as it is reckoned as one of the divine Char Dhams. The temple houses three astounding idols of Lord Jagannath, his elder brother Balabhadra and their sister Subhadra. Subsequently, you will be taken to the Gundicha temple. The sacred shrine is the concluding point of the very popular Rath Yatra. Pay homage at the temple and enjoy the evening leisurely. You can relax on the golden sand of the Puri beach or simply shop for some delights.
An overnight stay is planned at the hotel.
Day 3 of the Heritage of Orissa tour starts early in the morning. Leave for Satpara, Chilika after satiating your hunger with delicious breakfast. India’s largest coastal lagoon, Chilika spreads over the Khurda, Puri and Gajnam districts. The brackish-water lagoon is famed for the spotting of beautiful, rare and endangered Irrawaddy Dolphins. The lake also preserves a wide variety of species of aquafauna, flora and fauna. A spectacular display of vibrant avian charms lures people to this scenic beach. Spend the rest of the day leisurely exploring the pleasures of the wetland. Post this, you will return to Puri. If you want, you can spend some time at the Puri temple.
After a well-spent day, return to the hotel for an overnight stay.
Enjoy a leisurely breakfast in the hotel. Check-out after having your lunch. This is followed by a road trip to Bhubaneswar. There will be a halt en-route at Pipili. The small town enjoys popularity for designing beautiful Applique handicrafts. Brilliant artisans who are well-known for their colorful fabrics reside here. You are free to buy these remarkable fabrics as a souvenir.
Next halt will be at Dhauli hills. Nestled on the banks of River Daya, the hill holds major edicts of Emperor Ashoka inscribed on the mass of rock. It is believed that the Kalinga War was fought at this spot. It is said the blood of deceased turned the river red during the war, which turned the heart of the Emperor to realize the harm associated with the war. In his redemption, he embraced Buddhism and built many stupas, chaityas and pillars here.
Upon reaching Bhubaneswar, check-in and enjoy an overnight stay at the hotel.
This is the last day of the tour and you will be comfortably transferred to the airport once you are done with your breakfast.
Hotels to Be Used
|Destination||With Standard Hotel||With Deluxe Hotel|
|Bhubaneswar (2 nights)||Arya Palace||VITS|
|Puri (2 nights)||Shree Hari||Shree Hari Grand Sea view|
|Price on Per Person basis||With Standard Hotel||With Deluxe Hotel|
|For 2 Persons||INR 14,500 Per person||INR 18,000 Per person|
|For 4 Persons||INR 10,900 Per Person||INR 14,600 Per Person|
|For 6 Persons||INR 9,200 Per Person||INR 13,500 Per Person|
|Extra adult||INR 3,500||INR 5,500|
|Child without bed||INR 2,800||INR 4,000|
- Accommodation using Double Room.
- Daily Breakfast as mentioned above in the Package.
- Airport / hotel transfers + city tour + Drives as per the itinerary by Ac Innova (from 4 to 6 persons) and medium card up to 3 persons / Similar with an ALL INDIA TOURIST PERMIT.
- All currently applicable taxes, however, any other tax as and when levied by the Government shall be extra.
- Any meal unless specified above.
- Any Guide Services.
- Any Air fare/ Train Ticket.
- All entrances fees to monuments.
- Personal nature expenses like telephone / laundry bills etc.
- Airports tax and travel insurance etc.
- Services not specified above.
- Travel Insurance.
- Boat Ride at Chilka Lake.
- Rates are not applicable from 20 December 2018 to 10 January 2019 and on any festive period like Diwali, Dushara, Jagannath yatra.
- All taxes, hotel rates, transport rates, etc. are as applicable on date. Any future hike on same would be charged extra.
- The attached rates are valid for the given dates only.
- The above is only an offer and not confirmation of your bookings. We shall proceed with your.
- Booking once we receive the payment from you & if we are not able to get the original hotels, shall provide equivalent / alternative hotels.
- Normal hotel check in /Check out time 1400 / 1200hrs.
- Terms & conditions, please click: www.indianholiday.com/terms-and-conditions.html.
- All these rates are valid for Indian Nationals till 31st March 2019 (Except 20th Dec - 10th Jan and any long Weekend/ Holidays).
- Jurisdiction Clause: All the disputes arising out of this agreement or any other subsequent agreement would be subject to Delhi Courts only.
- 5 Days / 4 Night
- Bhubaneswar - Puri - Konark -...