The perfect escape to North East India, Darjeeling, Gangtok and Pelling are beautiful hill towns. Blissful Sikkim with Darjeeling, 8-day tour presents amazing view of Mt Kanchenjunga and other snow-capped peaks, lush tea gardens, ancient monasteries and scenic villages. The tour also include day-trips and excursions to the beautiful Tsomgo Lake, drive to the Tiger Hill for sunrise, and many such exciting expeditions.
Note:This is just a suggested itinerary indicative of what can be possible. We tailor holidays for your specific needs. Contact us if you want modifications so that we can tailor a holiday to suit your need for an unforgettable India tour.
- Illuminating Kanchenjunga from Tiger Hill
- Spiritual start of the day with Ghoom Monastery
- Saluting the martyrs at War memorial
- Bird’s view of Darjeeling through Cable cars
- Enchey Monastery, face of spiritual Gangtok
- Magnificent and Sacred Do Drul Chorten
- Day long excursion to Tsongmo lake and Baba Mandir
On your arrival in New Jalpaiguri Railway Station (NJP) / Tenzing Norgay Bus Stand (Junction) / Bagdogra Airport (IXB), meet our tour representative. Get assistance for transfers to your pre-booked hotel in Gangtok. On arrival check in to the hotel.
Gangtok is perched at an elevation of 1650 meters above sea level. The town is an important Buddhist pilgrimage center and houses many monasteries, especially Enchey Monastery. Clubs, shopping centers, exquisite eateries, gaming centers and other such entertainment options have made Gangtok a hotspot for tourists around the world. Oak, elm, poplar and birch and other numerous species of plants and trees merge to form vast expanse of verdure. The vibrant culture is something that also acts as a crowd-puller.
Rest of the day free at leisure. Overnight stay at hotel.
After breakfast proceed for a day trip to Tsomgo Lake. Also known as Changu Lake, this glacial lake is a popular tourist attraction and is located on the road towards the Nathu La pass. Enjoy the beautiful surroundings here. The next visit is Baba Mandir. This shrine is built in the memory of a brave Indian soldier, Harbhajan Singh who died during the war near the Nathu La Pass. The Mandir worships no specific religion, but inspires its visitors to become selfless.
For the day you have an optional tour to Nathula Pass (Alt 14000Ft.) on China Border can also be arranged (Except Mon, Tue) for Indian Nationals only at an additional cost.
By evening return to Gangtok, you are free to shop in M.G Road (Mall Road) or other local markets. Stay overnight in hotel.
After breakfast proceed for a full day city tour from 8:30 AM - 4:00 PM. The sights included in the day's schedule include the Tashi view point, Ganesh Tok & Hanuman Tok, Ranka Monastery, Banjhakri Falls, Cottage Industry, Dro-dul Chorten, Institute of Tibetology, Flower show and Handicraft Centre.
After the day's excitement return to the hotel for overnight stay.
After breakfast check out from the hotel and proceed for Pelling. On arrival check in to the hotel. Rest of the free at leisure. Overnight at hotel.
Pelling is situated at an altitude of 2150 meters. The town is adorned with monasteries and nature's mystique. It displays the very essence of culture and nature gracefully. The sight of Himalayan peaks from this town is unforgettable, on a clear day you can catch the sight of the third largest peak of the world (Kanchenjunga), along with Kumbhakarna, Pandim, Zopuno, Shimbho, Rathong, Sinolchu etc. Several orchids add on to the beauty of the town. Also, its short trek routes and rich wildlife make it a preferred location by the trekkers.
Overnight stay at Pelling.
After breakfast leave for a full day of sightseeing (8:30 AM - 4: 30 PM). Visit Darap village, Kanchenjunga waterfalls, Sewaro Rock Garden, Rimbi water Falls & Khecheopalri Lake. After a quick lunch, continue with visit Pemayangtse Monastery, Rabdantse Ruins, New Halipad Ground and Bird Sanctuary.
Overnight stay at Pelling.
After breakfast check out from the hotel and drive to Darjeeling. On arrival check in to the hotel. Rest of the day free at leisure. Overnight stay at hotel.
Early morning, leave for viewing sunrise at Tiger Hill. This is a major attraction amongst the tourists. While returning to the hotel, do not forget to visit the Ghoom Monastery and Batasia Loop. Have your breakfast and leave for city tour.
Cover the major attractions like Natural History Museum, Himalayan Mountaineering Institute, Parmesan Nadia Himalayan Zoological Park, Tibetan Refugee Self Help Center, Ropeway, Tea Estate, Peace Pagoda and Tensing -- Gumbo Rock.
Overnight stay at hotel.
Today marks the end of the blissful Sikkim with Darjeeling tour. After breakfast, check out from the hotel and transfer to Airport to connect the flight for onward destination.
|No of Pax||3 Star||4 Star||5 Star|
|2||INR 26,000||INR 39,500||INR 66,000|
|4||INR 18,000||INR 29,500||INR 56,000|
|6||INR 16,000||INR 26,500||INR 53,000|
|Extra Adult||INR 8,000||INR 10,000||INR 24,500|
Hotel to be used or similer
||4 Star||5 Star|
|Gangtok||Sai Residency||Denzong Renaissance||Elgin Nor-Khill|
|Pelling||Pemaling Residency||Chestnut Retreat||Norbu Ghang Retreat|
- Accommodation using Base Category Room.
- Breakfast. (In 5* Category Hotels we are providing Breakfast & Dinner)
- All transfer & sightseeing by Non AC Vehicle with all India Tourist permit on point to point basis.
- All currently applicable taxes.
- Any meal unless specified above.
- Any Air Fare/ Train Ticket.
- All entrances fees to monuments.
- Personal nature expenses like telephone / laundry bills etc.
- Any Riding.
- Airports tax and travel insurance etc.
- Services not specified above.
- We are using Non AC Tata Sumo for 3* Category Hotel & Non AC Xylo/ Innova for 4* & 5* Category Hotels.
- In 5* Category hotels we are providing Breakfast & Dinner.
- Vehicle will be on point to point basis as per the itinerary – not on disposal basis.
- Price valid from 16th March to 10th July, 2018.
- All taxes, entrance fees, airfare, Hotel and Transport rates etc are as on date. Any future hike will be charged extra as applicable.
- The above-mentioned cost is valid for mentioned dates only.
- The above is only an offer and not confirmation of your bookings. We shall proceed with your booking once we receive the payment from you & if we are not able to get the original hotels, shall provide equivalent / alternative hotels.
- The normal hotel check in / check out time is 1400 / 1200 hrs.
- All rates are subject to a revision if there is a fluctuation in the currency rates.
- For detailed Terms & conditions of our company, please click:www.indianholiday.com/terms-and-conditions.html
- 8 Days / 7 Night
- Gangtok – Pelling – Darje...