Looking for places to visit near Mumbai in April? Worry not! If the sweat is getting on your nerves and you cannot tolerate the heat anymore, here is a list of the best places to visit near Mumbai to spend time in a cooler environment. Desperate times call for instant actions and that is why you need to get away from the sweltering heat of one of the busiest cities in the world and plan relaxing weekend getaways near Mumbai.
Mumbaikars and all the people who have traveled to Mumbai in the summer months know how hot, humid, and exhausting the weather can be. With rising temperatures, the weather in Mumbai in April gets super-hot and this is the time most people are looking for a cooling escape. If you are one of them too, then take a look at these short trips near Mumbai and spend time with your loved ones.
Why Visit Places Near Mumbai In April?
For all the Mumbai people looking for a respite from the blistering heat, a vacation near Mumbai in April sounds like the perfect plan. Moreover, with average temperatures ranging between 24 degrees to 33 degrees, these tourist places near Mumbai are a must-visit to beat the heat. Not only these weekend trips from Mumbai provide you relief from the summer heat but also treat your mind, body, and soul with wonderful times, enchanting views, natural beauty, and memorable experiences. Whether it’s for a honeymoon couple, a family trip, a solo trip, or a trip with friends, these places near Mumbai cater to all kinds of travelers.
Here Are 12 Best Places To Visit Near Mumbai In April To Beat The Summer Blues.
- Lonavala and Khandala – Nature and Trekking
- Matheran – For Amazing Viewpoints
- Lavasa – Amazing Water Sports
- Bhandardara – Trekkers Paradise
- Panchgani – Perfect for Love Birds
- Mahabaleshwar – Excellent Strawberry Farms
- Igatpuri – For History Buffs and Nature Lovers
- Karjat – Indulge in Adventure Activities
- Saputara – Cultural Heritage of Gujarat
- Malshej Ghat – For the peace of mind and body
Distance from Mumbai: 83.7 km
Travel Time: 2 hours approx.
Located 4 km apart from each other, Lonavala and Khandala are the best hill stations near Mumbai. Old world-charm, Maratha-era structures, cascading waterfalls, ancient caves, cobbled streets, and soothing weather make Lonavala and Khandala a favored tourist destination for Mumbaikars. Situated far from the city bustle and among the best hill stations in Maharashtra, these will rejuvenate your mind and body and will engulf you in their vacation vibe.
How to Reach Lonavala-Khandala from Mumbai: There is a direct 1 hour (approx.) train from Mumbai to Lonavala. You can also visit Lonavala-Khandala from Mumbai by road.
Best Things to do in Lonavala and Khandala:
- Trek to Rajmachi and Visaport forts.
- Enjoy the view of lush valleys from Duke’s Nose viewpoint.
- Explore the ancient Bedsa Caves.
- Seek inner peace at Shingroba Temple.
- Camp at Pawna Lake.
- Hike to Tiger’s Leap.
- For bird’s – eye view, try a hot air balloon safari.
- Stroll at Ryewood Park.
2. Matheran – For Amazing Viewpoints
Distance from Mumbai: 83.1 km
Travel Time: 2 hours approx.
Snuggled by the Western Ghats at 2,625 feet (above sea level), Matheran is the smallest yet one of the most charming hill stations in India. It is Asia’s only automobile free hill station with 38 amazing viewpoints. Also, due to picturesque landscapes, emerald meadows, and deep gorges Matheran has marked its place among the top tourist places near Mumbai for 2 days. Families, couples, and solo travelers will love this place for its soothing weather and pollution-free environment.
How to Reach Matheran from Mumbai: You can drive from Mumbai to Matheran via Mumbai – Pune Highway and Karjat. Also, several state transport buses operate from Mumbai to Neral on a regular basis. From there, you can enjoy a toy train ride to Matheran.
Best Things to do in Matheran:
- Witness the sunset at Louisa and Panorama viewpoints.
- Indulge in water rappelling at Dudhani falls.
- Ride a horse at Olympia.
- Enjoy night camping at Charlotte Lake.
- Walk amongst flowers at Paymaster Park.
- Trek to Kalavantin Fort.
- Explore the 10th-century Ambarnath Temple.
- Enjoy the view of lush forests in Neral – Matheran toy train.
3. Lavasa – Enjoy Thrilling Water Sports
Distance from Mumbai: 187 km
Travel Time: 4 hours approx.
Featuring long-winding roads and options for water sports, Lavasa is one of the best places to visit near Mumbai in April. It is a great place to get relief from the summer heat, especially for water babies. Apart from the great weather, there are excellent architectural buildings and tech parks alongside thick bamboo forests that will keep you captivated. Lavasa is inspired by the Italian town of Portofino and thus, offers the best weekend getaways near Mumbai.
How to reach Lavasa from Mumbai: The easiest and cost-effective way to reach Lavasa from Mumbai is by taking driving. Take the Mumbai – Pune Expressway to reach Lavasa from Mumbai.
Best Things to do in Lavasa:
- Enjoy walking in lush gardens.
- Indulge jet skiing and kayaking at Lakeshore Watersports.
- Enjoy city views on a toy train.
- Explore the nature trails near Ekaant.
- Plan a picnic in the cooling environs of Temghar Dam.
- Shop for bamboo handicrafts from Bamboosa.
4. Bhandardara – Trek to the Highest Peak in Maharashtra
Distance from Mumbai: 165 km
Travel Time: 4 hours approx.
Bhandardara is one of the best places to visit near Mumbai that offers some of the most famous treks in Maharashtra. This place houses stunning cottages overlooking majestic hills and treats its guests with pleasant weather, good views, and a relaxing time. Bhandardara or Valley of Treasures is a must-visit near Mumbai in April as there is abundant natural beauty and the rustic village resort will give you a laid-back holiday.
How to reach Bhandardara from Mumbai: Travel by your own car or simply board a train from Mumbai to Nashik and get down at Igatpuri station. From the station, you can get a state transport bus or a private taxi to Bhandardara.
Best Things to do in Bhandardara:
- Trek to Kalsubai Shikhar.
- Spend time near Randha and Umbrella Falls.
- Explore one of India’s oldest dams, Wilson Dam.
- Camp at Arthur Hill Lake.
- Visit Agastya Ashram.
- Offer prayers at Amruteshwar Temple.
5. Panchgani – Spend Time in Solitude with your Sweetheart
Distance from Mumbai: 244 km
Travel Time: 4.5 hours approx.
Newly-marrieds who are looking for a honeymoon in Maharashtra should consider visiting Panchgani near Mumbai in April. Also known as the ‘Switzerland of India’, couples can spend time in peace amidst the ‘Panch’ (five) ‘Gani’ (hills) and also explore the Victorian-era buildings hand-in-hand. The pristine beaches, lush valleys, and mist air makes Panchani one of the most popular honeymoon places near Mumbai.
How to reach Panchgani from Mumbai: There are no direct trains from Mumbai to Panchgani. You can either take a bus to Panchgani from Mumbai via Pune or plan a romantic road trip with your beloved.
Best Things to do in Panchgani:
- Visit Kaas Plateau, a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- Enjoy stunning valley views from Parsi Point.
- Ride a horse at Table Land.
- Spend time in solitude at Mapro Garden.
- Enjoy the tranquility at Dhom Dham.
- Try bungee jumping at Om Wheelz Amusement Park.
- Witness art at Devrai Art Village.
6. Mahabaleshwar – Savor the Juiciest Strawberries
Distance from Mumbai: 263 km
Travel Time: 5 hours approx.
Also known as ‘Queen of Hills’, Mahabaleshwar is the largest hill station in the region. It is famous for its mulberry strawberry farms and biting into the freshest and juiciest berries will make your vacation near Mumbai more enjoyable. Take your loved ones to one of the best places to visit near Mumbai in April with family and spend time with your kids in a refreshing environment and come closer as a family.
How to reach Mahabaleshwar from Mumbai: Board a train from Mumbai to Satara. Get down and take a taxi or bus to your desired location. Else, take a direct bus from Mumbai to Mahabaleshwar.
Best Things to do in Mahabaleshwar:
- Visit Pratapgarh Fort, a 17th-century hilltop icon.
- Enjoy boating and horseback rides at Venna Lake.
- Witness scenic valley views from Elphinstone Point.
- Have fun with kids at Lingmala Waterfalls.
- Offer prayers at 16th-century Shiva Temple.
- Savor fresh strawberries and fruit desserts at Mapro Gardens.
7. Igatpuri – Try an Antique Technique of Meditation
Distance from Mumbai: 121 km
Travel Time: 2.5 hours approx.
For a relaxing vacation near Mumbai visit Igatpuri. Located amidst Sahyadri ranges, it is one of the best tourist places near Mumbai for 2 days. It welcomes all history buffs and nature lovers to enjoy and explore the famous attractions here. Gushing waterfalls, valleys, and lush nature trails that will keep you thrilled and make your summer holidays in Maharashtra interesting.
How to reach Igatpuri from Mumbai: The most convenient way to reach Igatpuri from Mumbai is by taking a train to Igatpuri station. From there, hire a taxi to reach your desired location. Road trips can also be planned with loved ones.
Things to do in Igatpuri:
- Try meditation at Dhamma Giri Meditation Centre.
- Indulge in water sports and camping.
- Enjoy a picnic at Vihigaon Falls.
- Spend time in nature at Kasara Ghat.
- Explore Tringalwadi Fort.
- Pay respects at Ghanta Devi Mata Temple.
- Witness the waterfalls at Camel Valley.
8. Karjat – Enjoy Thrilling Adventure and Blissful Nature
Distance from Mumbai: 62.7 km
Travel Time: 1.5 hours approx.
Karjat is a quaint little village yet is among the best adventure places near Mumbai. Karjat also invites spiritual seekers and nature lovers for temple visits, sightseeing, and photography. So, plan a weekend getaway from Mumbai to Karjat in April and get thrilled by trekking, rafting, and mountain climbing, enjoy the peace and spirituality, and bask in the soothing environment.
How to reach Karjat from Mumbai: You can either take a day train from Mumbai to Karjat. Else, take a bus or drive on your own.
Things to do in Karjat:
- Indulge in trekking and camping.
- Explore Kondana Caves.
- Witness panoramic views from Peth Fort.
- Offers prayers at Kondeshwar Temple.
- Admire the magical beauty of Bhor Ghat.
- Trek to Bahiri Cave.
9. Saputara – Gain Insight into Cultural Heritage of Gujarat
Distance from Mumbai: 245.4 km
Travel Time: 5 hours approx.
For family holidays near Maharashtra, Saputara is one of the best family-friendly places near Mumbai. This hill station in Gujarat is blessed with waterfalls, canopied roads, charming tribal villages, and dense forests. If you want to take your family on a relaxing holiday, Saputara is a great place to go near Mumbai for 3 days. And as far as the things to do in Saputara are concerned, there is no dearth of fun-filled activities to enjoy with kids.
How to reach Saputara near Mumbai: Waghai railway station at Bilimora is the nearest railway station to Saputara. It is well connected to Mumbai. Once you reach the station, take a taxi or bus to get to the main city.
Things to do in Saputara:
- Shop for local tribal crafts at Artist Village.
- Relax at Saputara lake and enjoy a relaxing boat ride.
- Take a dip in Gira Waterfalls.
- Witness the sunrise from the Sunrise Viewpoint.
- Learn more about the exotic and medicinal plants at Waghai Botanical Garden.
- Explore the wildlife at Vansda National Park.
10. Malshej ghat – Refresh your Soul with mind-boggling Activities
Distance from Mumbai: 126 km
Travel Time: 3 hours approx.
If you love to trek, then plan a trip to one of the best holiday places in Maharashtra. Nestled by lush valleys of the Western Ghats, Malshej Ghat a favorite weekend getaway for Mumbaikars. The pleasant weather in April offers great relief from the scorching heat. Apart from this, there are several beautiful waterfalls, lush hill slopes, impressive rock formations, and majestic forts, which makes it one of the best places to visit near Mumbai in April.
How to reach Malshej Ghat from Mumbai: You can board a train to Kalyan Junction from Mumbai and then to Asangaon. After reaching, take a taxi to Malshej Ghat.
Things to do in Malshej Ghat
- Soak in the tranquility at Malshej Falls.
- Visit Pimpalgaon Joga Dam.
- Explore the 6th-century Harishchandragad Fort.
- Catch the breathtaking views from Ajoba Hill Fort.
- Indulge in trekking and camping at Konkan Kada.
Mumbai like any other metropolis can get a little hectic sometimes. That is when these places to visit near Mumbai in April will save you. Plan a weekend getaway from Mumbai with your loved ones, and enjoy a relaxing time amidst pleasant weather. Refresh your mind and body and indulge in fun activities on your Trip. To make the most of your time in Mumbai, choose Maharashtra hill station tour packages to have the most memorable experience of your life.
Top 15 Honeymoon Destinations in India to Visit in April
Places to Visit in Manali in April for a Dreamy Hill Vacay
10 Best Places to Visit Near Delhi in April with Family
Best Places for Camping near Delhi in April
Best Places to Visit near Chennai in April with Family
Best Places to Visit near Chennai in April
Best Places to visit near Ahmedabad in April with Family