Last Updated on by Indian Holiday
In a positive move for travel and tourism in Goa, the government announced the opening up of water sports and river cruises in Goa. River cruises and water sports are two of the most popular things to do in Goa. Millions of people throng this beach destination in India every year to explore the sun-kissed beaches and engage in thrilling adventure sports activities. River cruises like Mandovi River Cruise, Sundown Cruise, Dinner Cruise and Casino Cruises are especially popular amidst visitors to Goa.
Read General Covid-19 Guidelines for Travel to States That have opened for Tourism in India Here: Post-Covid-19 Lock down Travel SoPs
Covid-19 protocols for River Cruises
- The thermal screening of visitors/staff is to be carried out at entry points. Only asymptomatic
individuals shall be allowed to enter the jetty premises
- Provisions for hand sanitization should be made available at all entry points and in work areas
- Designated queue markers shall be made available for entry and exit of the people from the boat
and the jetty premises
- Sufficient time interval between successive river cruises on a single boat as well as on various boats on a jetty shall be provided to ensure row-wise staggered entry and exit of the audience.
- The occupancy of the boats shall not be more than 50% of their total seating capacity.
- Seating arrangement inside the boat to be made to maintain required physical distancing
- Frequent sanitization of the entire premises, common facilities, and all points which come into
human contact, e.g. handles, railings, etc. shall be ensured.
- The boats shall be sanitized after every screening
- Regular cleaning and disinfection of the main ticketing office, food and beverage areas, employee and staff lockers, toilets, public areas, and other office areas shall be ensured
- Cruise timings on the jetty to be staggered to ensure that ending & beginning of different cruises
do not occur simultaneously.
- People should use apps/QR codes, etc. for ordering food as much as possible
- Multiple sale counters in the food and beverage area are made available wherever possible.
- Only packaged food and beverages shall be allowed.
- Safe disposal of the food and beverage waste shall be ensured by the management of the premises
Covid-19 Protocols for Water Sports Activities in Goa
- Booking and travels plans are to be accepted for tourists with no medical history of the virus in the last 28 days
- All Equipment, including life jackets, floating devices, etc. must be thoroughly disinfected prior to boarding of customers.
- High touch areas (handles, seats, seat backs, steering wheel, power window buttons, door locks,
windows, screens, etc.) should be sprayed with disinfectant surface cleaner regularly.
- Hand sanitizer dispenser and masks must be kept available before using of any activity equipment
- All information provided to customers is strictly through digital means (this may include
activity itinerary; safety precautions for hygiene and disinfection)
- All guests will be taken in small groups and a physical distance of 2 feet will be maintained
between guests during the activity
- All guests will be screened at the entry point for symptoms of COVID-19 such as temperature, cough, cold, etc.
- Those with temperature more than 37.5 °C (99 °F) and/or flu like symptoms shall not be permitted for the water activity
Following are the list of water activities in Goa:
|Stand up paddle surfing||Canoeing||Jet Skiing||Wake Boarding|
|Rafting||Sit-down hydrofoiling||Skim Boarding||Parasailing|
|Wake Surfing||Rowing||Water Scooters||Kite surfing|
|Wake Skating||Dinghy Sailing||Skurfing||Scuba Diving|
|Yachting||Cable Skiing||Flow Wind Surfing||Body Boarding|