Sunburn Festival, India’s biggest Electronic Dance Music Festival, attracts more than 3, 50,000 people and hundreds of artists every year. After years of being held on Vagator Beach in Goa, it has shifted its venue to the hills of Pune and rebranded itself to Sunburn Hills. The event celebrated its tenth anniversary in 2016. It is celebrated in Pune for the last 3 seasons but there is a piece of good news for the die-hard fans of this festival.
Sunburn is going to held in Goa again. It seems like prayers have been answered and it returns to the place where it started. The sultry beaches of Goa again ready to welcome their beloved audience. In 2021, it is set to captivate the masses with their electric vibe and spectacular performances by some of the greatest names in this genre like Martin Garrix, Afrojack, Dimitri Vegas and Like Mike. Goa is all set to usher in the New Year with some great music, dance, and food.
|VIP Ticket:||INR 15000|
|VIP Ticket Available in Pods:||4, 6, and 8. Similarly,|
|VVIP Ticket Available in Pods:||8,10, 12, and 15.|
|Nearest airport:||Goa International Airport/Dabolim Airport (46 km approx.)|
|Nearest railway station:||Thivim railway station (20 km approx.)|
Where and When to celebrate Sunburn 2021?
Whoever said money can’t buy you happiness clearly doesn’t know about the Sunburn festival. But you can! Save the date for 27th to 29th December 2021 as one of Asia’s biggest music festivals is here. Head to Vagator Beach in Goa and get ready to have fun with your friends at Sunburn Goa 2021. Keeping in mind the social distancing and safety measures, this year’s Sunburn is going to make your life rocking again.
What is Sunburn ticket price?
Sunburn Goa 2021 is going to be a limited capacity event. The official sale for festive tickets will go live on 4th November at 12 pm IST. There are no day-wise tickets this year.
However, the four-day entry pass to Sunburn Goa costs INR 9,250, and VIP tickets are priced at INR 15,000. Avail EMIs on tickets for 12 months from Book My Show website.
Also, VIP tickets will be available in pods of 4, 6, and 8. Similarly, VVIP tickets will be available in pods of 8,10, 12, and 15.
No wristbands and box office on the day of the event will be provided at Sunburn 2021. If you are interested, then book your tickets at least a week in advance and get your tickets delivered at your delivery address.
Sunburn festival was started in the year 2007 as the brainchild of Nikhil Chinapa and Percept Entertainment. For ten years now, it has been a highly anticipated event for its fans around the globe. After rocking the beaches of Goa and thrilling the minds of its people for many years, its venue was shifted to Pune in the year 2016.
The sunburn music festival was started in 2007 and Candolim beach was decked for the biggest party of the year. And the tradition continues at the Vagator Beach for 10 consecutive years. It has been the most awaited event of the year. This year, once again, the people of Goa, as well as fans from India and abroad, are set to welcome this happening event once again.
Sunburn Festival 2021 is all about electric music, dance and delicious food. It’s the time for unlimited fun and festivities, getting lost in the celebrations and enjoying every moment of it. The festival showcases handpicked artists, along with some of the most renowned DJ’s from across the world. Some of the genres of music which make the event an exciting and lively one are Trance, House, Techno, Drum & Bass, Psy-trance and others.
Another big draw of the Sunburn Party is the huge line-up of international celebrities who attend it. The event has also seen the participation of some of the biggest names in the business like Swedish House Mafia, Armin Van Buuren, Axwell, Afrojack, Tiesto, Above & Beyond, Paul Van Dyk, Avicii, Skazi, Infected Mushroom, Pete Tong, Dash Berlin, Markus Schulz, Mark Knight and James Zabiela.
The visitors are left captivated with the grandeur surrounding the event, along with the brilliant management for the entire program, evidence of which is the enormous stage that hosts the entire event. To call it simply a music festival would be a misnomer, the celebrations surrounding it lend it the appearance of a carnival. The event also gives visitors the chance to enjoy the Goan experience and explore its historical legacy.
The Sunburn festival Goa blows your mind with its colossal structures and elaborate productions including Asia’s largest single stage. It’s not just a music festival, it’s a carnival. Markets, delicious food shacks, drinks, water sports, and parties entertain guests. Relish the Goan experience during the festival. Goa also boasts of peaceful beaches, elegant churches, traditional villages, wildlife sanctuaries, spice plantations, and adventure sports.
Booking Tips for Sunburn Goa
- Sunburn is a three-day festival and has different kinds of tickets available. You can choose from daily passes, passes for all days, after party tickets, and more.
- An early entry pass is also available, which is cheaper from other passes. This pass allows you to enter the arena by 2 - 3 pm and re-entry is prohibited.
- There is no box office on the day of the event this year. So, book the tickets in advance to avoid last-minute hassles.
- You can also book food and beverage coupons online.
- People with a VIP pass can also relish food and drinks at a separate platform located in the middle of grounds.
Get a Chance to Win Complimentary Passes to Sunburn Festival Goa
You can enrol in Sunburn's ongoing promotional event and win a free entry to the event. All you have to do is tweet about the Sunburn 2021 festival and be a lucky winner! Follow and get updates on the social media accounts of the Sunburn Festival.
What are dos and don'ts during Sunburn in Goa?
- Carry light and comfortable clothes as Goa is not so cold in December. As you will be dancing throughout the day, pack your summer favourites to Sunburn.
- Wear flat footwear to the festival. Heels are a no-no when you will be on your feet all day.
- A high SPF sunscreen is very important to avoid tan lines all over your body.
- Carry smaller digital cameras instead of heavy DSLRs. The former are handy when you want to capture the music concert on your camera lens.
- All social media lovers must carry their power banks and phone/laptop charges to the event.
- Always carry a backpack with essentials like an extra pair of clothes, deodorant, wet wipes, gum, etc.
- Try all your bargaining skills at the food and drinks counters, and enjoy a good deal.
- Keep a check on the Happy Hours during the festival for extra drinks.
- Avoid carrying any food items, alcohol, cigarettes, or illegal items. You will be thoroughly scanned at the entry gates.
- Do not wear gold and diamond jewellery to the event. Avoid unwanted attention and enjoy the event without any worries.
- Don’t forget to take an identification proof with you as people under 18 are strictly not allowed.
Drink responsibly and Have Fun!
Sunburn Goa’s COVID-19 Rules
- The Aarogya Setu app should be installed in your mobile device.
- A temperature check, sanitisation, and security check during entry is compulsory.
- Every visitor should wear a mask throughout the event.
- A negative COVID test certificate may be required, as specified by the government.
- All visitors are requested to maintain social distancing at all times.
- In the general category, each row will have multiple sections with a capacity of 50 people. They are required to stand on the ground markings to maintain physical distance.
- In the VIP Area, people will have their own private sections. Once entered, you cannot exit the area for the rest of the day.
Accommodation In and Around The Sunburn Festival
Goa is full of accommodation options to pick and choose from. Depending upon your budget and requirements, you can stay wherever you want. But the event organizers at Sunburn have collaborated with Stayzilla for accommodating their visitors during the event.
It is packed with comfortable camps and service rooms that will give you a kick start for the event. But if you still wish to stay off the event grounds, then Doubletree by Hilton and Treebo Turtle Beach resort are great.