Sunburn Festival(Last Updated 27 Sep, 2021)
Sunburn Festival, India’s biggest Electronic Dance Music Festival, attracts more than 3, 50,000 people and hundreds of artists every year. After years of being held on Vagator Beach in Goa, it will once again be organized at The Refresh Club at Vagator. The event celebrated its tenth anniversary in 2016. From 2016 to 2018, the event was celebrated in Pune for 3 seasons and again shifted back to Vagator in 2019. Also, there is a piece of good news for the die-hard fans of this festival.
Sunburn is going to be held in Goa again! After being cancelled in 2020, Sunburn Festival Goa has returned with a bang in 2021. The sultry beaches of Goa again ready to welcome their beloved audience. In 2021, it is set to captivate the masses with their electric vibe and spectacular performances by some of the greatest names in this genre like Bullzeye, Almost Human, Arjun Vagale, DotDat, DJ Sanjay Dutta, and Loco and Jam. Goa is all set to usher in the New Year with some great music, dance, and food!
Here is Everything to know about Sunburn Festival Goa
Solaris Weekend, Goa
|Venue||ReFresh The Club, Vagator|
|Ticket Price||INR 1280 onwards|
|Event Date||15, 16, and 17 October 2021|
|Nearest airport:||Goa International Airport/Dabolim Airport (46 km approx.)|
|Nearest railway station:||Thivim railway station (20 km approx.)|
Sunburn Groove Cruise
|Venue||Ballard Estate, Green Gate, Mumbai|
|Ticket Price||INR 13000 (tentative)|
|Cruise Date||13 and 14 November 2021|
|Nearest airport:||Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj International Airport (21 km approx.)|
|Nearest railway station:||Mumbai Central (5 km approx.)|
Where and When to celebrate Sunburn 2021?
Whoever said money can’t buy you happiness clearly doesn’t know about the Sunburn festival. One of Asia’s biggest music festivals is here. Head to Vagator Beach in Goa from 15th to 17th October 2021 and Ballard Estate in Mumbai on 13th November 2021.
Get ready to have fun with your friends at Sunburn Goa 2021. Keeping in mind the social distancing and safety measures, this year’s Sunburn is going to make your life rocking again.
What is Sunburn ticket price?
Sunburn Goa 2021 is going to be a limited capacity event. There are no day-wise tickets this year.
However, the entry pass to Sunburn Goa for Solaris Weekend at Vagator costs INR 1280 onwards. The ticket price for Sunburn Groove Cruise starts around INR 13,000.
Also, VIP tickets will be available in pods of 4, 6, and 8. Similarly, VVIP tickets will be available in pods of 8,10, 12, and 15.
Wristbands and tickets can be collected from the box office at the event venue in exchange for your e-ticket copy at Sunburn 2021. If you are interested, then book your tickets at least a week in advance and get your tickets delivered to your delivery address.
Sunburn festival was started in the year 2007 as the brainchild of Nikhil Chinapa and Percept Entertainment. For ten years now, it has been a highly anticipated event for its fans around the globe. After rocking the beaches of Goa and thrilling the minds of its people for many years, its venue was shifted to Pune in the year 2016.
The sunburn music festival was started in 2007 and Candolim beach was decked for the biggest party of the year. And the tradition continues at the Vagator Beach for 10 consecutive years. It has been the most awaited event of the year. This year, once again, the people of Goa, as well as fans from India and abroad, are set to welcome this happening event once again.
Sunburn Festival 2021 is all about electric music, dance, and delicious food. With two events this year, Solaris Weekend at Vagator and Sunburn Groove Cruise from Mumbai, the celebrations and fun will also be doubled. It’s the time for unlimited fun and festivities, getting lost in the celebrations and enjoying every moment of it. The festival showcases handpicked techno artists along with some of the most renowned DJ’s both domestic and international. Some of the genres of music that make the event an exciting and lively one are Trance, House, Techno, Drum & Bass, Psy-trance, and others.
Another big draw of the Sunburn Party is the huge line-up of international celebrities who attend it. The Solaris Event at Vagator 2021 will also see the participation of some of the biggest names in the business like Loco and Jam, Bullzeye, Priyanjana, Dj Sanjay Dutta, DotDat, Ankytrixx, Arjun Vagale, Anyasa, Almost Human, and DJ SEQU3L.
You will be left captivated with the grandeur surrounding the event, along with the brilliant management for the entire program, evidence of which is the enormous stage that hosts the entire event. To call it simply a music festival would be a misnomer, the celebrations surrounding it lend it the appearance of a carnival. The event also gives visitors the chance to enjoy the Goan experience and explore its historical legacy.
The Sunburn festival Goa 2021 will blow your mind with its colossal structures and elaborate productions including Asia’s largest single stage. It’s not just a music festival, it’s a carnival. Markets, delicious food shacks, drinks, water sports, and parties entertain guests. Relish the Goan experience during the festival. Goa also boasts of peaceful beaches, elegant churches, traditional villages, wildlife sanctuaries, spice plantations, and adventure sports.
Booking Tips for Sunburn Goa
- Sunburn is a three-day festival and has different kinds of tickets available. You can choose from daily passes, passes for all days, after party tickets, and more.
- An early entry pass is also available, which is cheaper than other passes. This pass allows you to enter the arena by 2 - 3 pm and re-entry is prohibited.
- There is no box office on the day of the event this year. So, book the tickets in advance to avoid last-minute hassles.
- You can also book food and beverage coupons online.
- People with a VIP pass can also relish food and drinks at a separate platform located in the middle of grounds.
- You can get wristbands/tickets at the office counter at the Solaris Weekend venue. You have to bring your valid e-ticket copy and only then will you be allowed to enter the event.
- You must be above 18 years to enter the Solaris Weekend event in Goa. The entry age for Sunburn Groove Cruise is 8+ but if you are below 18, you must have an adult with you.
- Once the tickets are purchased, they cannot be refunded.
- Carry a valid ID proof, for example, driver’s incense, PAN Card, or a passport.
- 10 tickets per transaction can be purchased.
- Also, arrive 20 minutes before the sailing of the cruise.
- The registration for Sunburn Groove Cruise will be closed by 29th September 2021. The registered users can then book tickets at discounted rates.
What are dos and don'ts during Sunburn in Goa?
- Carry light and comfortable clothes as Goa is not so cold in December. As you will be dancing throughout the day, pack your summer favourites to Sunburn.
- Wear flat footwear to the festival. Heels are a no-no when you will be on your feet all day.
- A high SPF sunscreen is very important to avoid tan lines all over your body.
- Carry smaller digital cameras instead of heavy DSLRs. The former are handy when you want to capture the music concert on your camera lens.
- All social media lovers must carry their power banks and phone/laptop charges to the event.
- Always carry a backpack with essentials like an extra pair of clothes, deodorant, wet wipes, gum, etc.
- Try all your bargaining skills at the food and drinks counters, and enjoy a good deal.
- Keep a check on the Happy Hours during the festival for extra drinks.
- Avoid carrying any food items, alcohol, cigarettes, or illegal items. You will be thoroughly scanned at the entry gates.
- Do not wear gold and diamond jewellery to the event. Avoid unwanted attention and enjoy the event without any worries.
- Don’t forget to take an identification proof with you as people under 18 are strictly not allowed.
Drink responsibly and Have Fun!
Sunburn Goa’s COVID-19 Rules
- The Aarogya Setu app should be installed in your mobile device.
- A temperature check, sanitisation, and security check during entry is compulsory.
- Every visitor should wear a mask throughout the event.
- A negative COVID test certificate may be required, as specified by the government.
- All visitors are requested to maintain social distancing at all times.
- In the general category, each row will have multiple sections with a capacity of 50 people. They are required to stand on the ground markings to maintain physical distance.
- In the VIP Area, people will have their own private sections. Once entered, you cannot exit the area for the rest of the day.
Accommodation In and Around The Sunburn Festival
Goa is full of accommodation options to pick and choose from. Depending upon your budget and requirements, you can stay wherever you want. Also, Mumbai is one of the prominent cities and has many accommodation options ranging from low-budget to premium properties.
Sunburn Festival organizers also set up comfortable camps and service rooms that will give you a kick start for the event. But if you still wish to stay off the event grounds, then Doubletree by Hilton and Treebo Turtle Beach resort are great.