The exhilarating combination of miles and miles of spectacular sandy beaches and the wide and extensive rivers and scenic lakes truly makes Goa a holidaymaker's paradise. Besides, Goa is a perfect celestial home for the wanderlust traveler, an ideal destination for adventure enthusiasts. Naturally, the fabulous beaches, beautiful rivers and lakes in Goa offer excellent options for a wide range of Adventure Sports in Goa.
Goa is home to various attractions like waterfalls, spice plantations and others. Adventure Sports in Goa are among the most favored activities of tourists visiting the state of Goa. Adventure sports are an excellent way to break away from the daily grind and enjoy complete relaxation and rejuvenation. There are so many options for adventure in Goa that you can explore and have a unique experience each day of your holiday, and that too loaded with adventure.
The beaches in Goa are perfect for enjoying various kinds of water sports. Nevertheless, it's not just the water but also the land of Goa for you to explore, go hiking, trekking or river cruising in Goa and discover the untouched terrains of the land. Apart from water and land activities, there are plenty of other options for Adventure Sports in Goa like dolphin and crocodile spotting, island trips, etc.
The various kinds of adventure sports in Goa which can be enjoyed by the tourists include parasailing, water scooter, white water rafting, wind surfing, water skiing and dinghy sailing.
Goa has become a hub for adventure activities. If you are an adventure sports buff, then Goa is the perfect destination in India for you. Adventure Sports in Goa beckons adventure lovers to indulge in the extraordinary activities and challenges that they are likely to confront while embarking on such sojourns.
All you need to do is select which Adventure Sports in Goa you want to indulge in. No special training is required for most of the sports. Even age is not a bar, as you need only a reasonable level of fitness in order to engage in these activities. Equipment, training and instructors are available. And to top it all, you can enjoy Adventure Sports in Goa at a fraction of what they would cost elsewhere in the world.
|Adventure Activities in Goa||Locations||Best Time To Go|
|Jet Skiing||Baga Beach, Candolim, Calangute, Anjuna Beach, Colva Beach, Miramar Beach and Benaulim Beach||October to March|
|Wakeboarding||Panjim, Candolim, Mobor beaches, calangute and baga beaches||October to May|
|Scuba Diving||Grande Island, Agatti Island, Devagh Island, Pigeon Island, Netrani Islands||October to April|
|Snorkeling||Grande Island, Monkey beach, Bat Island and Bogmalo beach||October to March|
|Dolphin watching||Candolim and Coco Beach||October to May|
|Bungee Jumping||Bicholim, Anjuna, Calangute||Throughout the year except Monsoons|
|Rafting||Mandovi River, Tilari River||June to September|
Banana Boat Ride
Baga beach, Calangute, Anjuna beach, Agonda, Candolim, Palolem, Miramar & Vagator
|October to March|
|Parasailing||Anjuna, Calangute, Colva, Dona Paula, Majorda, Bogmalo, Candolim and Vagator||October to March|
|Winch Boat Parasailing||Motor Beach||All around the year|
|Speed Boating||Calangute, Baga, Candolim||October to April|
|Kite Surfing||Vagator Beach, Baga Beach and Calangute Beach||January to April|
|Surfboarding||Arambol Beach, Baga Beach||
May to September
|Yachting||Mandovi River, Mayem Lake, Miramar Beach, Candolim Beach, Palolem Beach||October to May|
COVID-19 GUIDELINES FOR WATER SPORTS -
Adventure Tour Bookings Guideline
- Operators will accept bookings only from those tourists, who have no COVID-19 infection history in the last 28 days.
- Visitors have to book water sports online.
- The activity operator shall explore different options for operations, where possible, such as advanced tickets, timed entries, and smaller groups.
- Activity operators can ask for information on age, medical history, allergies, past covid-19 tests, etc.
- There will be proper records and logs for each customer.
- Customers will be informed at the time of booking regarding new measures and service limitations.
Protocols before the commencement of water activity
- Say “Namaste” instead of shaking hands.
- Ask the operators to take you in small groups so that a physical distance of 2 feet is maintained.
- If a tourist’s body temperature is more than 37.5°C (99°F) with flu-like symptoms shall not be permitted for the water activity.
- Customers will be monitored at the entry point for temperature screening.
- Customers showing any of the symptoms of COVID-19 will be recommended to visit a doctor.
- A safe physical distance of at least 2 meters is recommended for customers at all times.
- All vessels such as a boat, sea rafting, etc. to operate with not more than 50% of its seating capacity.
- Physical distance markings at all waiting areas like entrance, ticketing is done for customers to stand during the queue.